Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nemov
  • 1 Post By MasterGiraffe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fcc - a3lgti9108 - gt-i9108

I found this on the FCC site this morning. There's not much to say, it's a Galaxy 2 mobile phone but there's a confidentiality block on showing the phone's details.

GT-I9108

1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE Phone with Bluetooth and WLAN

I can't find carrier information, but I'm far from an expert.

EggoEspada likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default Re: Fcc - a3lgti9108 - gt-i9108

ATT or tmobile
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    ATT or tmobile
    Hasn't the AT&T phone already passed through the FCC? Maybe it's T-mobile. Weird they're keeping the details secret.

I had found this when I woke up this morning also. I don't think that its a Galaxy S2. There isn't much to go on in the articles and they don't give much information about radios in the phone. It only says that there is a main antenna and then one for Bluetooth and wifi. This could just be a different device all together?

It also doesn't make sense that they would make the details of one phone in the line confidential when all of the other ones are open.
    When we speak of tomorrow, nothing is ever certain.
    EggoEspada likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    I had found this when I woke up this morning also. I don't think that its a Galaxy S2. There isn't much to go on in the articles and they don't give much information about radios in the phone. It only says that there is a main antenna and then one for Bluetooth and wifi. This could just be a different device all together?

It also doesn't make sense that they would make the details of one phone in the line confidential when all of the other ones are open.
    The model I listed above is listed as a GS2 device in mutiple places on the internet. That's not even a question.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post

If a specific carrier requests so, their device's details are private for a set time, also this is defiantly some sort of Galaxy S device. And here's the device getting wifi certified.

Added note: here's some other GSII variants model numbers

GT-i9100 - GSII
    GT-i9101 - Terga 2 variant
    GT-i9103 - OMAP4 variant
    GT-i9108 - Unknown
    GT-i9110 - NFC variant
    Last edited by EggoEspada; 07-30-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    So many phones, so little time.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well, in this case they have 180 days.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Found it:

See THIS post
    Last edited by CK; 07-30-2011 at 01:22 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Again, the model number is already in use as a Galaxy S II device. Not likely they'd use the same model number for Nexus or Hercules.

From what I can tell on Samsung model numbers.

GT - global/unbranded
    SGH - ATT/Tmobile
    SPH - Sprint
    SCH - Verizon
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Again, the model number is already in use as a Galaxy S II device. Not likely they'd use the same model number for Nexus or Hercules.
    agree it's not the Hercules
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Here it is:

The Samsung i9100G 4.2-inch touch screen materials, the Samsung does not change the Super ClearLCD, but continue to use the Super AMOLED Plus screen material, not only in the pixel density will increase on 50%, But will also increase the number of sub-pixels, the display more clearly than the previous generation, and simultaneous contrast and glare will be raised.
    Or there are several versions launch

In addition, it not only supports 3G networks, but also provides high-speed HSDPA network support and HSUP can bring faster Internet speed. The Samsung GT-i9100G other features are the Samsung i9100 is almost not much difference, but also equipped with a Android2.3 system and the latestTouchwiz4.0 touch screen with 1080P Full HD video can capture 8-megapixel camera and built-in 1GB of RAM and 16GB of storage space, others, such as three-axis gyroscopes, accelerometers, digital compass, light sensor, proximity sensor device, Wi-Fi802.11 n / b / g wireless LAN and GPS navigation functions is everything.

It is reported that in addition has started selling the GALAXY S II GT-I9100 licensed version, the Samsung also may include GALAXYS IIGT-I9100G / C, GALAXY S II GT-I9103 / C, GALAXY S II GT-I9108, GALAXY S IIGT-I9188, and many versions launched in the country, and the Samsung GT-I9100G there will be licensed in Hong Kong come out.

Source:

So what kind of time frame do you think we're looking at for a release then?

Yep sorry guys. This is the model for China. It has TD-SCDMA.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Yep sorry guys. This is the model for China. It has TD-SCDMA.

Sorry for what? This model passed through the FCC.

Yeah doesn't it have to come to the US? Why would they pass it through the FCC if they did not intend on bringing to the US?
    When we speak of tomorrow, nothing is ever certain.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Why are they getting FCC WiFi certification for a chinese phone?

Oh I have no clue. Why did the i9100 get FCC approval? I assumed it was Samsung covering their **** in case one is imported and sold here in the US. I'll never claim to know much about the FCC though, so if I'm off my rocker feel free to say so.
    Last edited by JayWill72; 07-30-2011 at 04:21 PM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

They wouldn't keep it a secret for a China phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

well since it says gsm/edge and that that puts it on tmo/at&t

i777 att slider
    i9108 att non-slider
    ?

I'm sure some already know this in part or in all but the first model number is the galaxy s model and the second is the galaxy s2

International gt-i9000
    gt-i9100
    Sprint sph-d700
    sph-d710
    Tmobile sgh-t959
    ?????
    Att sgh-i897
    ?????
    Verizon Sch-i500
    ????
    In the first 2 examples values jump upward just a little with the s2. Any bets simply for kicks, that the tmobile will be t9_ _ , verizon will be i5_ _ or i6_ _ and AT&T will be.... i927 that just passed FCC? I'm on AT&T and that model popped up before on the net as the slider so I hope this isn't true as I don't care for a slider . Forgive if this turns out not true as it's just observation and speculation. All this teasing and no action has me feeling like Jim Carrey in "the number 23" lol. Dissect, critique, etc. as you desire.