new devices map no sgs2?

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
HTC Vigor will be impressive but I just can't get myself to buy an HTC.

Sent from my Droid

Any reason? I mean I'd prefer the SGS2 but I'm not getting any more patient and my current phone isn't exactly holding up physically speaking...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Same boat avoiding htc don't like the way feel look or perform. Second all this hype about the Galaxy S2 is crazy that will be atleast 8months old bye the time you buy it from a USA carrier. That's just crazy. Yes it may have some newier stuff in it but I wouldn't be surprised if samasung has s3 already in kitchen

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC Vigor will be impressive but I just can't get myself to buy an HTC.

Sent from my Droid

I agree after the tb had all the issues and htc has a notoriously bad history with battery life it doesn't look good for the vigor having good battery life unless they figured something out or include like a 3000 mah battery.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes it may have some newier stuff in it but I wouldn't be surprised if samasung has s3 already in kitchen

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I heard the S3 is an all metal body and will be quite the piece of hardware. Grain of salt and all those other flavor enhancers..

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else concerned that we may not get the gs2 on VZW for quite some time? We have absolutely nothing for evidence. No FCC, no leaked pics, no documents, nothing. Just speculation. It is realistic we may not see this phone until October, November, hell even December. It just seems weird there has been no acknowledgment or evidence whatsoever this late in the game while the ATT and Sprint versions have. Add that in with no gaurantee it will even be LTE and there is a good possibility I will have to go to sprint to get mine.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else concerned that we may not get the gs2 on VZW for quite some time? We have absolutely nothing for evidence. No FCC, no leaked pics, no documents, nothing. Just speculation. It is realistic we may not see this phone until October, November, hell even December. It just seems weird there has been no acknowledgment or evidence whatsoever this late in the game while the ATT and Sprint versions have. Add that in with no gaurantee it will even be LTE and there is a good possibility I will have to go to sprint to get mine.

I'm going to repeat...

You're reading too much into it.

The map isn't a great predictor. Sometimes devices release on the fly and sometimes they have larger events planned, but don't want to tip their hand...It could be that they want to release this around the same time as the iPhone 5 in order to give customers a strong alternative. I find that strategy to be a mistake, because even though the SGSII was built in the iPhone's image, its not an Apple product, so likely someone interested in the iPhone will not be interested in this device.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to repeat...

You're reading too much into it.

The map isn't a great predictor. Sometimes devices release on the fly and sometimes they have larger events planned, but don't want to tip their hand...It could be that they want to release this around the same time as the iPhone 5 in order to give customers a strong alternative. I find that strategy to be a mistake, because even though the SGSII was built in the iPhone's image, its not an Apple product, so likely someone interested in the iPhone will not be interested in this device.

Nobody said anything about these phones releasing anytime soon. This is just a sign that atleast there is some other solid phones that will be coming out. Of course it is subject to change everything is.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I think it has to do with these phones and potentially the prime because maybe verizon is just going to skip the sgs2 and get the prime since the sgs2 wouldnt have been out until oct and by then the prime should(possibly) be right around the corner or atleast be announced around that time.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you guys are reading ENOUGH into it. Read the text in the picture, especially the bottom. :p
read? This is how people read:

Glance at headline

Glance at pic

Type

Then when the Vigor doesn't come out this year they get mad and refer back to the original article. Fights then erupt when people like you tell them they should have read it in the first place. They quickly dismiss your logic and threaten to get the iPhone because Verizon are idiots and liars. You then try and calm them down and explain to them but they don't want to hear it. You are called a troll and told to leave.

Fights continue daily followed by mods warning people to calm down. After a few days somebody starts up a Facebook page called Vigor Mortis and types out cryptic messages about the handsets ability to inflict death upon any other handset that gets near it. People flock to the FB page and "like" it. The messages continue with dates about the birth of a killer and forums erupt with raging fights about the authenticity of the page. Bans and infractions are dolled out at an alarming pace by the mods and adminstrators. They quickly remind everyone to calm down.

Then after months of waiting, fighting, name calling and threats of getting an iPhone an obscure article appears on the front page of AC dated January 1st 2012 by Phil Nickenson: Vigor appears in Verizon inventory. Launch scheduled for February 3.

The masses rise up again and lavish Phil with love and affection. Some send nude pictures of themselves via text and emails. The launch is finally here. The masses are elated and typing OMFG and all other vulgar acronyms to express their delight. The party continues into the wee hours of the night when a man by the name of Jerry Hildenbrand drops a bomb on the forums front page.

It reads: "Samsung announces the Nexus Scorpion, the most venomous Android handset to date."

He tips his hat, flips us the bird and walks off.

The cycle of luncacy continues...............

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it has to do with these phones and potentially the prime because maybe verizon is just going to skip the sgs2 and get the prime since the sgs2 wouldnt have been out until oct and by then the prime should(possibly) be right around the corner or atleast be announced around that time.

You do realize while the Prime may very well be designed and manufactured by Samsung, its a bid job. It is google's phone, but the license someone else to manufacture it...

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You do realize while the Prime may very well be designed and manufactured by Samsung, its a bid job. It is google's phone, but the license someone else to manufacture it...

Ok so if it has samsung's name on it you are saying they dont make any money? Let me spell this out for you both the gs2 and the prime(supposedly) are made by samsung which means if they can wait a few extra months and release a phone that will sell more since those who wanted the gs2 didnt get a chance to get it will get it. It's simple why make 2 phones when you can make 1 and sell twice as many. It is all about making money and what they feel will sell the most.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if it has samsung's name on it you are saying they dont make any money? Let me spell this out for you both the gs2 and the prime(supposedly) are made by samsung which means if they can wait a few extra months and release a phone that will sell more since those who wanted the gs2 didnt get a chance to get it will get it. It's simple why make 2 phones when you can make 1 and sell twice as many. It is all about making money and what they feel will sell the most.

You don't understand how the Nexus line works. Nexus is a google phone, and its manufactured by third party. The Nexus S was manfactured by Samsung and the Nexus One was manufactured by HTC. They enter into a fairly specific contract regarding the number of units and cost per unit paid to the manufacturer by google. Google then proceeds to sell the phones to w/e carrier...potentially made by Samsung, but not a Samsung phone

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You don't understand how the Nexus line works. Nexus is a google phone, and its manufactured by third party. The Nexus S was manfactured by Samsung and the Nexus One was manufactured by HTC. They enter into a fairly specific contract regarding the number of units and cost per unit paid to the manufacturer by google. Google then proceeds to sell the phones to w/e carrier...potentially made by Samsung, but not a Samsung phone

I know google sells them but samsung is still making money off of them which is what I was talking about. They want to devote time and resources to what contract they have which is why I said about them not dropping a gs2 on verizon then the prime a month or two later. But yes it is a google phone not a samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude