Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 214
Like Tree80Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jmayer88's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Leaked Verizon Roadmap Reveals Potential Launch Dates for Stratosphere, Vigor, Bionic and More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

    DROID Bionic: (9/8 launch) You already know everything about this device, dont you?
    Samsung Stratosphere: (9/8 launch) 4G LTE device running Android 2.3
    HTC Vigor: (10/6 launch) Will replace the HTC Thunderbolt
    LG Revolution 2: (10/20 launch) Will replace the original Revolution
    Samsung Galaxy Tab P8 (November launch) Could be the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab?
    Samsung Illusion: (9/29 launch) 3G smartphone running Android 2.3
    HTC Bliss: (9/29 launch) Lower end Android 2.3 device; the chick phone?
    Motorola XOOM 4G LTE: (9/8 launch) Assuming this is the date that the 4G LTE upgrade starts.
    Jtav27 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Finally, as CK was saying on the other thread, it seems the dam is starting to break. Assuming that the Stratosphere is in fact the SGSII variant for Verizon this leaves me wondering which carrier will actually get it in the promised month of August. Ugh though I have been waiting so long and this almost makes me think I should get the Vigor less then a month later. I noticed no hint of the prime though.
    When we speak of tomorrow, nothing is ever certain.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    this leaves me wondering which carrier will actually get it in the promised month of August.
    Whoa there! I don't remember Mr. Shin making any promises.

    Edit - Oh ... if a US carrier will release their GS2 variant in August, my money is now on AT&T.
  4. #4  
    MarkAllan's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    As I said in the other thread, I don't see both the Bionic and the S2 releasing on the same day. If it comes to happen, it might be one of Verizon's dumber decisions.
    lovelexis likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkAllan View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I don't see both the Bionic and the S2 releasing on the same day. If it comes to happen, it might be one of Verizon's dumber decisions.
    Why would it be a dumb decision. It doesn't hurt them at all. It does hurt Motorola and Sammy though. In the end though Verizon is only going to sell X amount of phones and that total number isn't really going to change by releasing two phones in different weeks.

    AT&T does seem like the only viable option left for an August release. Weird though, I didn't see the iPhone on that release map. I thought it was expected to be released in September.
    When we speak of tomorrow, nothing is ever certain.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    VZW's GS2 must be the stratosphere then if i don't see anything else on that roadmap that can be the GS2 (no way can it be the Pluto, which is being released in Jan). The roadmap also says the stratosphere is 4g! awesome!
    eksplosions likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    Weird though, I didn't see the iPhone on that release map. I thought it was expected to be released in September.
    *Steve Jobs calls Dan Mead*

    *Rings*

    Dan Mead (answers): Hotshot CEO speaking!

    Steve Jobs: Hey Dan it's Steve

    Dan Mead: Hey wassup Steve? We still on for golf Saturday?

    Steve Jobs: Yeah looking forward to it. But I have something more important to discuss.

    Dan Mead: Sure what's up?

    Steve Jobs: Put my crown jewel on your release roadmap and I'll come down there and I'll eat yours (crown jewels) for breakfast and wash them down with a nice mimosa. Then I'll pull my phone from your network. Got me?

    Dan Mead: Yes sir. *sulks*
    Thanked by:
    rosser 
    rosser and MasterGiraffe like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    VZW's GS2 must be the stratosphere then if i don't see anything else on that roadmap that can be the GS2 (no way can it be the Pluto, which is being released in Jan). The roadmap also says the stratosphere is 4g! awesome!
    On the other hand though, just to feed the rumor mill, this map starts in September. It is 100% possible that the SGSII variant is going to be released in August as promised and this is actually the slider coming out in September.
    When we speak of tomorrow, nothing is ever certain.
  9. #9  
    redraider133's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    It's weird they say the blackberry curve is 4g yet they dont have that listed next to vigor as being 4g.
  10. #10  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    811 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,169 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    i think people keep forgetting about that 4G samsung with the keyboard...
  11. #11  
    redraider133's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    VZW's GS2 must be the stratosphere then if i don't see anything else on that roadmap that can be the GS2 (no way can it be the Pluto, which is being released in Jan). The roadmap also says the stratosphere is 4g! awesome!
    I wouldnt get your hopes up the stratosphere is most likely the slider shown awhile back although I hope it isnt that.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    I wouldnt get your hopes up the stratosphere is most likely the slider shown awhile back although I hope it isnt that.
    Why is it "most likely?" I'm more sure that it is the gs2 variant than the slider. We all are 99.9% sure that the g2 will be coming to sprint, att, and vzw. We are less sure about that leaked vzw slider. There was that single picture of it, but for all we know, it couldve failed one or more of the pre-release tests (Merge anyone?).
  13. #13  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Look at the origional name of the stratosphere. It is the Aegis which is a netbook so what's going on here? Something is wrong.
  14. #14  
    nemov's Avatar

    Posts
    995 Posts
    Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    Why is it "most likely?" I'm more sure that it is the gs2 variant than the slider. We all are 99.9% sure that the g2 will be coming to sprint, att, and vzw. We are less sure about that leaked vzw slider. There was that single picture of it, but for all we know, it couldve failed one or more of the pre-release tests (Merge anyone?).
    Or the Stratosphere is the 4G Samsung slider and the Samsung Illusion is the regular GS2 to be released 9/29.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    If it is the illusion aka viper then it is only 3g :-(
  16. #16  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Well thank god the SGSII already had its release date in my dreams. It was woonnnnndderrfull.


    For all we know though, the slider is the GSII variant. It would kind of make sense considering there seems to be these two camps of people and we have heard no rumors about this slider other then the picture. Its possible that that picture is the slider and the GSII variant for VZW. Dear god though I hope not.
    When we speak of tomorrow, nothing is ever certain.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Or the Stratosphere is the 4G Samsung slider and the Samsung Illusion is the regular GS2 to be released 9/29.
    Many people here (including myself) with insider info believe the gs2 will come with lte, but you could be right
  18. #18  
    redraider133's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    Why is it "most likely?" I'm more sure that it is the gs2 variant than the slider. We all are 99.9% sure that the g2 will be coming to sprint, att, and vzw. We are less sure about that leaked vzw slider. There was that single picture of it, but for all we know, it couldve failed one or more of the pre-release tests (Merge anyone?).
    How many pics have we seen of the sgs2? Yeah none for verizon. I am just saying that since it is coming out the same day as the bionic you would think it wouldnt be a more powerful phone than the bionic but I hope I am wrong and it is the sgs2.
  19. #19  
    nemov's Avatar

    Posts
    995 Posts
    Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Just for a moment let's assume this leak is correct and that the Stratosphere is a 4G version of the GS2. What a disaster for Motorola. What is the key selling point of the Bionic vs. the Stratosphere in that scenario?
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    How many pics have we seen of the sgs2? Yeah none for verizon. I am just saying that since it is coming out the same day as the bionic you would think it wouldnt be a more powerful phone than the bionic but I hope I am wrong and it is the sgs2.
    I fear you may be right. Origional name of stratosphere is aegis which is a netbook. This is probably going to be a 4g netbook.
  21. #21  
    MarkAllan's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    The map says 4G smartphone at the very, very right of the screen though. Who the hell knows at this point.
  22. #22  
    redraider133's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Just for a moment let's assume this leak is correct and that the Stratosphere is a 4G version of the GS2. What a disaster for Motorola. What is the key selling point of the Bionic vs. the Stratosphere in that scenario?
    It has been sent back to the drawing board 3 times so it has to be better lol
  23. #23  
    nemov's Avatar

    Posts
    995 Posts
    Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    I fear you may be right. Origional name of stratosphere is aegis which is a netbook. This is probably going to be a 4g netbook.
    It says it's a 4G smartphone... so no.
  24. #24  
    garrettfarnum's Avatar

    Posts
    409 Posts
    ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

    Default Re: New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    I fear you may be right. Origional name of stratosphere is aegis which is a netbook. This is probably going to be a 4g netbook.
    Maybe, on the road map it says "Android 2.3" and "4G smartphone" who knows though, we'll know in September!
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkAllan View Post
    The map says 4G smartphone at the very, very right of the screen though. Who the hell knows at this point.
    That's why I said something isn't right. Conflicting information. All searches on Samsung Aegis shows it is a notebook though. The suspense is killing me. I know we all want it to be the 4g gs2 but we need to calm down and look at the evidence ...or lack thereof
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions