Nexus-4.0 made by LG ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like most recent rumors point to LG being the next manufacturer for the upcoming Nexus this Fall ? Not Samsung like rumored.

It will use a new Texas Instruments processor, which LG already uses thier parts, Samsung does not. And the Prime nickname goes well with LG, they.already have an.Optimus name .

Plus Google said couple years ago, they want a different company making the Nexus each year. I thought it would be Motorola's turn for the third Nexus. But no one really knows yet 100%, WW just have to wait until closer to launch .

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Google chooses each of the parts of the phone separately. What LG, or Samsung for that matter, have put out in the past are irrelevant for the CPU.

“What we do is pick our partners, a semiconductor partner, an operator, and an OEM and then combine them all together. This is the device that engineers have on their desk when they come in the morning.”

From Andy Rubin himself.

Last edited:

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the "Optimus" logic lol nice catch.

Would you all buy a LG Nexus phone?

What would you assume the upside and down sides of an LG Nexus to be.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well if this is true and the GSII is out then I will then just that and see how it goes.... I don't really mind LG just like Sammy a bit more.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Google chooses each of the parts of the phone separately. What LG, or Samsung for that matter, have put out in the past are irrelevant for the CPU.

From Andy Rubin himself.

Hmm...ok, but I just can't see an HTC phone without a Qualcom processor, or Samsung using a Texas Instruments cpu just doesn't make business sense, if they can just make their own.

I have a strong feeling the Nexus-Three will be made by LG, I prefer Samsung myself, but have heard that LG is making some bad ass screens lately, and have new stuff in the works to rival Super AMOELD+. And LG already using Texas Inst. cpu's currently in their phones, and that Google has rumored the next Nexus will have a TI processor, it is seeming to add up ?

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Hmm...ok, but I just can't see an HTC phone without a Qualcom processor, or Samsung using a Texas Instruments cpu just doesn't make business sense, if they can just make their own.

I have a strong feeling the Nexus-Three will be made by LG, I prefer Samsung myself, but have heard that LG is making some bad ass screens lately, and have new stuff in the works to rival Super AMOELD+. And LG already using Texas Inst. cpu's currently in their phones, and that Google has rumored the next Nexus will have a TI processor, it is seeming to add up ?

If Samsung doesn't want to do it, I'm sure Google can find someone else.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is always willing to try other tech. Them having to use an OMAP processor is not an issue if Google asks them to do so. HTC on the other hand, using Qualcomm and only Qualcomm, o chances are if they would decline to use that processor or just decline the Nexus 3. What really decides the manufacture of choice is what they have to offer to showcase the latest OS. HTC offered the best specs and design for the N1 and Samsung offered their Super Amoled display and top notch hardware to showcase Gingerbread. Looking at how ICS might turn out, I think Samsung offers the best to showcase the new update. LG doesn't really offer much, they're lackluster.

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Even so lg can make good devices take the revolution for example that has good build quailty and even though there not the best manufacturer but it has pure google android and people will buy it regardless 1) because it would have stock google experience 2) because its the newest thing.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This might be something LG needed. Notice how people are saying that if LG's high end phones had the latest software, it would've been a really good phone? Well, you're looking at it.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a LG Android phone before. How are the screens ? Close to Samsung's AMOLED+ ? Hopefully at least better than HTC, I think both my og EVO 4G and 3D look washed out and too light lacking the deeps

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a LG Android phone before. How are the screens ? Close to Samsung's AMOLED+ ? Hopefully at least better than HTC, I think both my og EVO 4G and 3D look washed out and too light lacking the deeps
They have the NOVA display which is the brightest screen on the market today, if that's what you're looking for. From the reviews that I read on this site, they say the display has quite good contrast and color, but not to the level of SAMOLED+.

Note: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's an IPS display?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
They have the NOVA display which is the brightest screen on the market today, if that's what you're looking for. From the reviews that I read on this site, they say the display has quite good contrast and color, but not to the level of SAMOLED+.

Note: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's an IPS display?

Ok thanks. Maybe LG has a Nova + display for its next gen stuff, like a new Nexus-Three ?

So it seems to be heading in the direction of LG and not Samsung, for the upcoming Nexus ?

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. Maybe LG has a Nova + display for its next gen stuff, like a new Nexus-Three ?

So it seems to be heading in the direction of LG and not Samsung, for the upcoming Nexus ?

Rumors said samsung idk where people got lg but I guess we will find out in the next few months once more starts to leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret