Android Authority Blowing Smoke?

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I Recently came across the following article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/dro...ame-release-date-same-selling-features-21050/

Is there something big we missed or is this article condensing rumor and writing it as fact?

I would love to believe the article is 100% true, regarding a souped up GS2 with LTE coming to verizon as the stratosphere, but i'm really pretty sure we would have heard about it before now. And as far as these released docs go, he makes them sound as if there are some that more or less confirm that A) Stratosphere is a GS2 variant, B) with 4G, and i am unaware of any docs that can come close to doing that.

Please please please someone prove me wrong!

EDIT: I guess we do "know" the stratosphere is 4g, but the rest is some impressive, wishful connect the dots.

Reactions: Castor Troy

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Nobody can dispute this article as correct or incorrect. Just as easy as it could be incorrect it can be correct. I've been saying this for some time. The Stratosphere could be anything. I put my money on it being the GS2 and if I'm wrong I would go with this article of it being a beefed up version. I mentioned in another thread it could be our version of the Korean LTE handset.

Don't be surprised to see an awesome phone known as the Stratosphere being announced.

Sent from my Droid

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Nobody can dispute this article as correct or incorrect. Just as easy as it could be incorrect it can be correct. I've been saying this for some time. The Stratosphere could be anything. I put my money on it being the GS2 and if I'm wrong I would go with this article of it being a beefed up version. I mentioned in another thread it could be our version of the Korean LTE handset.

Don't be surprised to see an awesome phone known as the Stratosphere being announced.

Sent from my Droid

Right now, I'd be surprised (and excited) if anything is announced.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I would have a hearty laugh it it ends up some low-mid tier device LOL. All this secrecy for THAT. It will get ugly and Verizon will be berated like nobody's business. I don't even want to see what will happen.

Sent from my Droid

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
I would have a hearty laugh it it ends up some low-mid tier device LOL. All this secrecy for THAT. It will get ugly and Verizon will be berated like nobody's business. I don't even want to see what will happen.

Sent from my Droid

I can see it now. Half a dozen geeks that spend way too much time reading tech sites are going to storm the Verizon CEO's mansion with full LARPing gear, and home made catapults.

For the record, I'm one of the 6 :)

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
...you're one of the 6 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

In other news it appears the Prime is dubbed the GT-I9220 (W43) for now, it will have Android 2.3.3 and feature the world’s first Super AMOLED Plus HD display at 4.3 inches, with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. Under the hood, it will feature an incredibly powerful 1.4 Ghz dual core processor, and an 8-megapixel camera.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic. The author makes quite a statement in saying "the Samsung Stratosphere, revealed as the second generation S II,"

Revealed where? How do they make these statements without any verification? (rhetorical question) It's irresponsible. Back these statements up I say.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic. The author makes quite a statement in saying "the Samsung Stratosphere, revealed as the second generation S II,"

Revealed where? How do they make these statements without any verification? (rhetorical question) It's irresponsible. Back these statements up I say.

It was revealed to him in the char marks on his english muffin this morning. The other half was the Virgin Mary's face.