radio quality

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This thunderbolt is the first VZW phone I've had. The mobile network drops constantly. I've heard people that were less than pleased with Samsung call quality. I've also heard seller things about MOTOs radio. I'm torn between the two, but I'm wondering what you guys think. Not too impressed with HTC radio quality.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For what it is worth I believe moto has the best radio signal. I have had very bad luck with htc and have never owned a samsung. A lot of people had trouble with the thunderbolt.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried moto, but I'm willing to. My family's Droid Charges and 1 epic 4g had gps problems (4 Charges and 1 Epic). Using a droid inc 2 right now and I'm always around -100 dbm...in places where I had decent signal with the charge.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well we can't speak to the 4g radio for Moto, but if their track record holds, they make the best radios in the business...Samsung's generally haven't gotten quite as good data speeds as HTC or Moto, but their overall build quality and factory software is fantastic.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
On the whole motorola has great signal strength and call quality. The GPS units are good as well.. the first line of samsungs galaxy s devices have poor reception and GPS takes forever to get a lock... A lot of it is software but mostly hardware I hope the next Samsung devices are great

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This thunderbolt is the first VZW phone I've had. The mobile network drops constantly. I've heard people that were less than pleased with Samsung call quality. I've also heard seller things about MOTOs radio. I'm torn between the two, but I'm wondering what you guys think. Not too impressed with HTC radio quality.

I though the latest software upgrade fixed that issue with the TB? I have TWO friends that use the TB, one is rooted and the other is not and BOTH of them claim they have no issues now with drops from LTE/3G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad