Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE?

Any hint or leaks about this being lte on vzw?
    Just wondering. I heard that this might make it to vzw and it would seem like a waste to not make it lte if the lte network was available

Default Re: LTE?

If it is coming to VZW I would say its 99.99999999999999% going to be LTE.
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post
    If it is coming to VZW I would say its 99.99999999999999% going to be LTE.
    Agreed. It better.

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

no way does Google release its cutting edge phone with the latest OS, dual core, etc, etc, and not have LTE - it will.

The rumors about the reasons for Google pushing up ICS seem to suggest that the Prime will be on vzw. One of the reasons was "to stop OG Droid users from getting an iPhone 5 when their contract is up." How would they accomplish that if the Prime isn't on the same carriers as the iPhone 5? Plus, every rumored spec-list says it'll be an LTE device.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by modidlee View Post
    The rumors about the reasons for Google pushing up ICS seem to suggest that the Prime will be on vzw. One of the reasons was "to stop OG Droid users from getting an iPhone 5 when their contract is up." How would they accomplish that if the Prime isn't on the same carriers as the iPhone 5? Plus, every rumored spec-list says it'll be an LTE device.

I fall in this category but I would not get an iPhone. Just not for me. Good os. Just doesn't have enough customization for me. I'm going with some high end android from vzw with lte so I'm hoping this comes to vzw

Sent from my Droid who cooks me waffles

ROM
    Stock ICS!

i would agree with what people have said above. no way google will release such a high-end phone this far into LTE's rollout and not have it be LTE. In fact, i would bet that it wil have the second-gen LTE radio. What do you guys think about this? (I don't know much about the release of devices with this radio)
    If I've made a difference, please make sure to thank me.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ibejack96 View Post
    i would agree with what people have said above. no way google will release such a high-end phone this far into LTE's rollout and not have it be LTE. In fact, i would bet that it wil have the second-gen LTE radio. What do you guys think about this? (I don't know much about the release of devices with this radio)
    i agree with you because the vigor and rev. 2 are supposed to be coming out bout October and how is the rev. 2 "incredibly thin" with first gen. lte radios and there not gonna release it without lte its the successor. i think the vigor, rev. 2, and prime will come with 2nd. gen lte.
    Wishlist: HTC, Dual Core, and 4G (Verizon)
    I'm quite inVIGORated right now !

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    i agree with you because the vigor and rev. 2 are supposed to be coming out bout October and how is the rev. 2 "incredibly thin" with first gen. lte radios and there not gonna release it without lte its the successor. i think the vigor, rev. 2, and prime will come with 2nd. gen lte.
    The Rev2, Vigor and Droid HD are next gen devices with the 2nd gen LTE chip. While I'm positive the Nexus Prime will sport LTE, I'm unxertain if its the 2nd gen. I hope it is though.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    So many phones, so little time.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    The Rev2, Vigor and Droid HD are next gen devices with the 2nd gen LTE chip. While I'm positive the Nexus Prime will sport LTE, I'm unxertain if its the 2nd gen.
    Sent from my ADR6400L
    I hope it is though.
    How sure are you or do you have a source I'm just asking that's what I was thinking oringinally but I just need confirmation.

LTE baseband chips are far and few between. Unless it is the Snapdragon Krait 4th Gen SoC I don't think the phone will have battery life for more than a days charge. All the older chips use way too much juice. The Vigor may use Krait and it could be Verizon's version of the Nexus Prime.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

There's no way the Vigor uses Krait; Krait hasn't even begun sampling, and it typically takes 8-12 months after sampling for a phone to reach market using that tech, sometimes up to 18 months. That's standard dev cycle.

I honestly don't think the Prime will be worth it if you want really decent battery life. I'd be willing to buy it just for the (hopefully) stock ICS alone and future updates direct from Google, else I'm more curious about the HTC Vigor and LG Revo 2.

If none of these phones have decent battery life, I may just wait until Summer 2012 for something with Krait. Krait is the SoC to beat if you want LTE.

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    LTE baseband chips are far and few between. Unless it is the Snapdragon Krait 4th Gen SoC I don't think the phone will have battery life for more than a days charge. All the older chips use way too much juice. The Vigor may use Krait and it could be Verizon's version of the Nexus Prime.
    HTC will not be making a version of the Nexus for Verizon, if there is a version of the Nexus on Verizon it will be a Samsung phone. Just like the HTC Nexus One and the HTC Incredible.

ROM
    Stock

If they are claiming it to be a 0.88 cm phone (as rumors have it), then 2nd gen lte chip would pretty much be a necessity, no?

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    If they are claiming it to be a 0.88 cm phone (as rumors have it), then 2nd gen lte chip would pretty much be a necessity, no?
    A new Samsung LTE radio passed through FCC on August 31. Samsung had already put out the Charge so I can only assume that this is a new radio.

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    A new Samsung LTE radio passed through FCC on August 31. Samsung had already put out the Charge so I can only assume that this is a new radio.
    As I posted in that thread, its not a radio chip.. its a base station (a cell tower transceiver)
    god of thunder.

ROM
    Latest CyanogenMod

Heres the way i see it.

This phone isn't getting LTE because it happens to be on Verizon. This phone is coming to Verizon first because of its LTE network.

Google wanted to lead with its best foot forward. If it is coming to all the carriers as rumored with 4G then why not fire an opening salvo of LTE... lets face it. It blows away Sprint's WiMax, TMo's HSPA+, AT&T's HSPA+, and even blows away AT&T's LTE

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Even if it uses a custom lte chip, I'd be surprised if it got over 8 hours battery life with LTE on. If it gets over 10 hours, I'd say 3G battery is over 14-16 hours which isn't bad. We'll see.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by th0r615 View Post
    Heres the way i see it.

This phone isn't getting LTE because it happens to be on Verizon. This phone is coming to Verizon first because of its LTE network.

Google wanted to lead with its best foot forward. If it is coming to all the carriers as rumored with 4G then why not fire an opening salvo of LTE... lets face it. It blows away Sprint's WiMax, TMo's HSPA+, AT&T's HSPA+, and even blows away AT&T's LTE
    Absolutely correct sir, no doubt. Especially with the iPhone NOT being LTE, this one will to show off how superior it is. It will have ICS to cancel out the "5" aspect of the iPhone.

This is a cage match between Google and Apple, and Google will have them beat down this time. I am not saying that the iPhone won't sell a ton, just that this time around, they are going to be the winners as long as ICS isn't a bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    Even if it uses a custom lte chip, I'd be surprised if it got over 8 hours battery life with LTE on. If it gets over 10 hours, I'd say 3G battery is over 14-16 hours which isn't bad. We'll see.

Isn't the Bionic getting great battery life on LTE?

Quote Originally Posted by ejaymd11 View Post
    Isn't the Bionic getting great battery life on LTE?
    I think it's better than the other LTE phones but still not great.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Most reports are pegging it under 8 hours with LTE on. That sucks. Some rare people are getting much more than that.

I doubt the prime will get more than 10 hours with lte on.

ROM
    stock

With a SAMOLED+ screen, 2000 mAh battery, and a more efficient processor, i see no reason why it wouldn't get 8-10 hours stock. Rooted, 12+ hours easily
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    With a SAMOLED+ screen, 2000 mAh battery, and a more efficient processor, i see no reason why it wouldn't get 8-10 hours stock. Rooted, 12+ hours easily
    I want to believe that but LTE has me doubting...

ROM
    stock

The Bionic's battery is 1800 or less. The Prime's battery is gonna be at least 1800. And LED screens use MUCH less juice, especially when you have the brightness cranked all the way down because they're still very visible - much more so than an LCD screen set to the same brightness level. I have no doubts at all
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast