% chance that VZW doesnt get the Samsung Galaxy SII??

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
What do you all think the chances are that VZW does not get the GS2? I was just over at droid life and they posted that there are rumors that VZW is skipping the GS2 in favor of the Nexus Prime.

Im not willing to switch carriers just for this phone, so I would be super upset if they dont get it.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
That would be rather foolish on Big Red's part if they did. Especially with all the hype that's been floating around about this device.
Rumors are rumors.
Don't believe it until you have solid concrete proof to back it.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd say 0% they don't get it. It just would not make any sense to me that they would bypass the GSII for the Prime. I'm still not sold that Verizon will get the Prime, but even if they do, it still wouldn't make much sense to not carry both. The GSII is the best selling smartphone internationally. Why in the world would Verizon give that up for a device that will appeal to a much lesser group of consumers?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would say .05% chance they won't get it. We all thought VZW was getting the HTC Merge and look what happened.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I strongly think that Verizon will not put out a GS2. There has been more Nexus information than GS2 information on Verizon.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm thinking to try to make a new phone with LTE, when they are building a prime with LTE, makes no senseas a phone manufacturer as well as a bad timeframe to build, test and design. I mean that because LTE is new, expensive and very hard to predict.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of 0% chance. It's not a question of if ... it's when. The only real lingering questions, which should be answered in exactly 6 days, is slider or no-slider, and LTE or 3G.

I honestly still have no clue what VZW will end up with, but I made the statement a few weeks ago that it would be a non-slider, LTE device. Then the Stratosphere buzz hit which caused me to waver. Still, LTE is more important than the slider IMO. If their SGSII doesn't have LTE it will be a flop, where it should still sell well if it's a slider.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of 0% chance. It's not a question of if ... it's when. The only real lingering questions, which should be answered in exactly 6 days, is slider or no-slider, and LTE or 3G.

Why would Samsung be feature dumping on the size and thinness of the phone and introduce a slider on Verizon? If Samsung launches a LTE slider named Stratosphere on the 8th it will not be a GS2 phone.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Why would Samsung be feature dumping on the size and thinness of the phone and introduce a slider on Verizon? If Samsung launches a LTE slider named Stratosphere on the 8th it will not be a GS2 phone.
Why has it not passed the fcc? Because its either not coming or will be out later. The conference and ad is for other carriers.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I totally agree, but I also regularly remind myself that anything is possible in this business. Such as "Introducing the Galaxy SII on Verzion, the world's thinnest phone with a slide-out keyboard!". :p

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Why has it not passed the fcc? Because its either not coming or will be out later. The conference and ad is for other carriers.

According to the leaked roadmap there are two Samsung phone's on the horizon. The Stratosphere and the Illusion. The Stratosphere is 4G and the Illusion is 3G. Both are supposed to be out before October.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
IMO many of you are oblivious to the obvious and are in for a big let down by putting such high hopes on a superphone under secrecy. As I stated earlier, there has been more information about the nexus on Verizon, with much better specs, than a gs2. To keep the gs2 more secret with lower specs is not going to happen. I'm not being pessimistic I am being realist. Too many of you are blinded by optimism.

Reactions: Serial Fordicator

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There's a better chance of Google starting their own wireless carrier and offering unlimited everything for $30 a month and selling all Android phones for no more than $100 than VZW not getting the GS2.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
There's a better chance of Google starting their own wireless carrier and offering unlimited everything for $30 a month and selling all Android phones for no more than $100 than VZW not getting the GS2.

The most likely scenario is that the GS2 comes in October to VZW. The Prime if it comes at all would likely drop in January/February.

Verizon has too much invested in the Bionic to release the GS2 around the same time. It's pathetic and it's the reason I'm thinking about jumping ship. Motorola dropped the ball on the Bionic. Why should customers have to wait?

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Stars Have Aligned - The First Samsung Galaxy S II In The U.S. To Arrive September 9th, 2011?

Either:
A) the GSII is not the Sept. 8 stratosphere, and will launch after Sept 9 as something else not seen on the verizon roadmap

B) Verizon is not getting the GSII, the roadmap is right and the stratosphere is something else

C) This rumor is wrong, and VZW will have the first GSii as the stratosphere on the 8th, and the first US gsii - (not likely, imo)

Now, we are finding out that the roadmap appears correct so far. My assumption is that the Stratosphere is not the gsii, and that the linked article is likely right. now, whether or not the gsii gets its release later on, as not-the-stratosphere and not-on-the-roadmap, I cannot say.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance