% chance that VZW doesnt get the Samsung Galaxy SII??

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The Stars Have Aligned - The First Samsung Galaxy S II In The U.S. To Arrive September 9th, 2011?

Either:
A) the GSII is not the Sept. 8 stratosphere, and will launch after Sept 9 as something else not seen on the verizon roadmap

B) Verizon is not getting the GSII, the roadmap is right and the stratosphere is something else

C) This rumor is wrong, and VZW will have the first GSii as the stratosphere on the 8th, and the first US gsii - (not likely, imo)

Now, we are finding out that the roadmap appears correct so far. My assumption is that the Stratosphere is not the gsii, and that the linked article is likely right. now, whether or not the gsii gets its release later on, as not-the-stratosphere and not-on-the-roadmap, I cannot say.

There's also:

D) The GSII is not the Stratosphere, but the Illusion and launches on 9/29 per the roadmap.

E) The roadmap is wrong. Definitely wouldn't be the first time (nor the last).

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The Stars Have Aligned - The First Samsung Galaxy S II In The U.S. To Arrive September 9th, 2011?

Either:
A) the GSII is not the Sept. 8 stratosphere, and will launch after Sept 9 as something else not seen on the verizon roadmap

B) Verizon is not getting the GSII, the roadmap is right and the stratosphere is something else

C) This rumor is wrong, and VZW will have the first GSii as the stratosphere on the 8th, and the first US gsii - (not likely, imo)

Now, we are finding out that the roadmap appears correct so far. My assumption is that the Stratosphere is not the gsii, and that the linked article is likely right. now, whether or not the gsii gets its release later on, as not-the-stratosphere and not-on-the-roadmap, I cannot say.

There is literally no information on the Stratosphere. It doesn't even matter what kind of phone it is there's nothing leaked on it. The Bionic is likely coming out on the 8th and there's leaked images, promos, and an endless supply of info.

I think the roadmap is likely a hoax. The only thing it was right about was the Bionic and that date was the widely rumored before it leaked.

If the Stratosphere was coming on the 9th wouldn't we know more about it by now?

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
IMO many of you are oblivious to the obvious and are in for a big let down by putting such high hopes on a superphone under secrecy. As I stated earlier, there has been more information about the nexus on Verizon, with much better specs, than a gs2. To keep the gs2 more secret with lower specs is not going to happen. I'm not being pessimistic I am being realist. Too many of you are blinded by optimism.

This.

I am super-hyped about this phone (and if available, I likely will get it over the Bionic assuming its LTE), but I also have been much more pessimistic about its appearance on VZW in the next weeks. I guess we will (hopefully) find out more Monday, but I'm not holding my breath.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
longest.week.ever. waiting for this Galaxy S II conference.

I just hope we know for sure after this if VZW will be getting it and when. I am sitting on my upgrade and want a new phone. Bionic will be my 2nd choice.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
longest.week.ever. waiting for this Galaxy S II conference.

I just hope we know for sure after this if VZW will be getting it and when. I am sitting on my upgrade and want a new phone. Bionic will be my 2nd choice.

My guess is we won't have a date for release. Samsung will announce the phone is coming and which carriers are getting it. "Coming soon to Verizon." Brace for it.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
My guess is we won't have a date for release. Samsung will announce the phone is coming and which carriers are getting it. "Coming soon to Verizon." Brace for it.

As long as I know either way if Verizon is getting it or not after Monday I will be happy. I think I will wait until the end of October for it, if it is announced.....anything after that I can't say for sure I wont make an impulse buy on another phone.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
As a minimum, I want to know (1) whether it's coming to Verizon, and (2) if so, whether it will be LTE or not. If I get an answer to those questions, then I'll be good for maybe another week or so. :)

I'd also like to know release timeframe, but if I don't know the answers to the first two questions, then timeframe may not matter much. For instance, if we find out for sure that it's coming to Verizon and will be LTE, I'd be more out to wait for it, but not until Nov/Dec timeframe. I'd probably, at most, wait until Oct.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
As a minimum, I want to know (1) whether it's coming to Verizon, and (2) if so, whether it will be LTE or not. If I get an answer to those questions, then I'll be good for maybe another week or so. :)

I'd also like to know release timeframe, but if I don't know the answers to the first two questions, then timeframe may not matter much. For instance, if we find out for sure that it's coming to Verizon and will be LTE, I'd be more out to wait for it, but not until Nov/Dec timeframe. I'd probably, at most, wait until Oct.
We will most definitely know if it will be LTE next week because the phones will be on display, just like they were last year.

Reactions: DolfanCole

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
We will most definitely know if it will be LTE next week because the phones will be on display, just like they were last year.

Thanks. I just started looking last year, but wasn't familiar with how things were presented for the 1st gen Galaxy S. If they do that again, that would definitely answer both questions that I have.

jamor

Banned
Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
All of this waiting for a dual core LTE phone has burnt me out. I'm so over this.

Just going to start building my new PC instead. I'm excited. It's going to be a beast rig.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
All of this waiting for a dual core LTE phone has burnt me out. I'm so over this.

Just going to start building my new PC instead. I'm excited. It's going to be a beast rig.

Haha, I'm way ahead of you on that. Just bought my first tab, and have been looking around newegg for a gaming rig for BF3. Trying to keep my mind preoccupied with other things. SGSII excitement is getting rather dull around here.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmm anyone see an AC post in their RSS feed that mentioned the stratosphere coming on the 29th? (along with inf on the Bliss?) when i clicked the link i got errors, and the link to the source forums pulls up nothing either!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm anyone see an AC post in their RSS feed that mentioned the stratosphere coming on the 29th? (along with inf on the Bliss?) when i clicked the link i got errors, and the link to the source forums pulls up nothing either!

Some one trolled the forum with a fake picture of a Verizon map. The user said it was fake a few minutes after posting it and then proceeded to make fun of everyone. He was banned and the topic deleted.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You can bet it will be over 15 days from bionic and iPhone. They will not release phones this close because more returns. I will bet a kidney it won't be the same day as the bionic.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Nothing surprises me about Verizon. And with their so-called super strict testing period they still released the HTC Battery killer Bolt. So they are not below doing anything.
I am so beyond a slider. Ugh! My OG Droid slide is most likely gonna break if I try to open it its been so long.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You do not have permission to fly the tower, I repeat, you do not have permission to fly the tower! Hopefully a GS2 will land, because what already is, is a class of super phones. Come on VZW, one more Sammy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674