Galaxy S II LTE

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Here are my S2 LTE predictions based on my very close following of the leaks and rumors.

The Prime will probably be very very similar to an S2 and will have LTE and will release with VZ in time for the holiday shopping season.

The actual S2 itself with LTE will probably release in Europe before that, as the leaked S2 LTE was claimed to work with German frequencies. It makes sense because the GS2 release schedule is ahead in Europe than it is in North America.

VZ will release a slider phone with LTE in the next month or two, and that will be its only top end Samsung LTE phone until the Prime is released.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Here are my S2 LTE predictions based on my very close following of the leaks and rumors.

The Prime will probably be very very similar to an S2 and will have LTE and will release with VZ in time for the holiday shopping season.

The actual S2 itself with LTE will probably release in Europe before that, as the leaked S2 LTE was claimed to work with German frequencies. It makes sense because the GS2 release schedule is ahead in Europe than it is in North America.

VZ will release a slider phone with LTE in the next month or two, and that will be its only top end Samsung LTE phone until the Prime is released.
^ I'm 100% with you on that! Can't clear it up any better than that!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
^ I'm 100% with you on that! Can't clear it up any better than that!

Given VZW's phone strategy over the last 2 years there's no reason to believe that a Nexus phone fits into the picture. HTC/Motorola will have a dual core 4G phone, and VZW will allow a developer phone for Samsung?

I'd love to see it, but history isn't on the Nexus Prime's side.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Given VZW's phone strategy over the last 2 years there's no reason to believe that a Nexus phone fits into the picture. HTC/Motorola will have a dual core 4G phone, and VZW will allow a developer phone for Samsung?

I'd love to see it, but history isn't on the Nexus Prime's side.

There is always a first for everything. Just like the I*hone. To many signs point to a Verizon nexus prime

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read where anyone said the exact Euro version was coming to the US. In other news, the exact Euro version of the GS2 won't work in the US either.

Wrong. People have bought the Euro version SGS2 unlocked and used it on at&t.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wrong. People have bought the Euro version SGS2 unlocked and used it on at&t.

I believe he's referring to the recently leaked LTE GSII, that's supposed to be unveiled in Germany this week. That particular device, will not work on Verizon's LTE network based on the bands it's reported to have (Asia and Europe LTE bands).