No prime for verizon?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
You do know that America isn't the only country with LTE, right? Verizon will most likely get the Prime, and Verizon said they won't be getting the Galaxy SII so they have something up their sleeves.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I do realize that there are other carriers that have LTE outside if the US and they will most likely get this... However I stay within the US and thats why I created this post... The gs2 was 'unofficially' denounced by sources, not 'officially' by verizon...so that is also why I created this post to see what others thought about this.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't mean anything. Last I heard it had a 800mhz band and Verizon's is 700mhz. There are plenty of other regions with LTE. So it's still I'm the air about the GSII vs Nexus Prime.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I suppose thats good news because I really want the prime on verizon. Where did you read about the frequency for the lte version of sg2 device?

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Its all in the radios and what not, LTE is between 700 and 800mhz depending on the provider of said waves.

If anything, this seals for the the NP is coming to verizon, and will look a lot like this (obviously with some changes). All sammy will do is change the camera (rumored) and slap on some vanilla ICS and a better screen, so verizon didnt deem a SGSII necessary.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Its all in the radios and what not, LTE is between 700 and 800mhz depending on the provider of said waves.

If anything, this seals for the the NP is coming to verizon, and will look a lot like this (obviously with some changes). All sammy will do is change the camera (rumored) and slap on some vanilla ICS and a better screen, so verizon didnt deem a SGSII necessary.

I love the passion of the opinions, but they are opinions. A GS2 LTE model phone coming to VZW is just as likely a the Prime which we know little about at this point.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do realize that there are other carriers that have LTE outside if the US and they will most likely get this... However I stay within the US and thats why I created this post... The gs2 was 'unofficially' denounced by sources, not 'officially' by verizon...so that is also why I created this post to see what others thought about this.

Actually, Verizon did "officially" say that they will not carry a Galaxy S II.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's getting the Prime. In October. We've been saying this for weeks now.

So, I'm trying to judge when to upgrade to the Bionic by the release date of the Prime. That way, if I don't like the bionic I can just return it and go with one of those hot October releases.

That being said, it would be good to know what week the Prime launches. Didn't something leak with Samsung's devices and dates? Or am I just making that up?

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm trying to judge when to upgrade to the Bionic by the release date of the Prime. That way, if I don't like the bionic I can just return it and go with one of those hot October releases.

That being said, it would be good to know what week the Prime launches. Didn't something leak with Samsung's devices and dates? Or am I just making that up?

I have three upgrades and have been waiting since Dec. I suggest just waiting for both to come out then decide if that is what you want to do. Last hing you want is to buy a temporary phone and then the other gets bumped back. Just buy a device you can be happy with and then do not worry about all the other ones.

I plan on waiting for the Bionic and Prime to be official and then deciding (and if the Vigor comes out in that time I will throw that in the mix as well)

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, right now I'm going to wait on the DHD, Vigor, and Prime to come out and see what ends up with the best reviews. Prime right now has the lead, but I want some more details before I begin to get really excited about it. Seems a lot of sites are disagreeing on some of the finer aspects of the phone.

Main thing I want to know right now is if this is a true Nexus device or some sort of Droid hybrid and I also want to know what type of screen it is packing? Camera specs would interest me as well because I do take advantage of that feature, I know initially it was mentioned that the Prime would have only 5 MP camera which I find disappointing since a lot of phones, including the SII, have 8 MP cameras now. Have we heard anything about a FFC on this phone? That is actually a feature I want and I hope it isn't just a VGA camera. I liked that the SII was 2 MP.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, right now I'm going to wait on the DHD, Vigor, and Prime to come out and see what ends up with the best reviews. Prime right now has the lead, but I want some more details before I begin to get really excited about it. Seems a lot of sites are disagreeing on some of the finer aspects of the phone.

Main thing I want to know right now is if this is a true Nexus device or some sort of Droid hybrid and I also want to know what type of screen it is packing? Camera specs would interest me as well because I do take advantage of that feature, I know initially it was mentioned that the Prime would have only 5 MP camera which I find disappointing since a lot of phones, including the SII, have 8 MP cameras now. Have we heard anything about a FFC on this phone? That is actually a feature I want and I hope it isn't just a VGA camera. I liked that the SII was 2 MP.

Remember, MP are nothing more than a marketing tool. The lower the number, the better chances are of it taking better pictures with the lens in most cell phones. The iPhone takes great pictures with 5 MP. Its biggest advantage is being backlit, something seriously lacking in Android. As far as FFC, you won't see it and the larger the files, the more data you'll be sucking up while video chatting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Remember, MP are nothing more than a marketing tool. The lower the number, the better chances are of it taking better pictures with the lens in most cell phones. The iPhone takes great pictures with 5 MP. Its biggest advantage is being backlit, something seriously lacking in Android. As far as FFC, you won't see it and the larger the files, the more data you'll be sucking up while video chatting.

I believe that the GSII E4G touch has a 8mp cam and is back lit might be Androids first but the 5mp on my Epic takes some great pics... If Sammy makes this then its sure to have it too...

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the GSII E4G touch has a 8mp cam and is back lit might be Androids first but the 5mp on my Epic takes some great pics... If Sammy makes this then its sure to have it too...

If it were standard among all 3 GSII variants then I would be hopeful for the Prime having one. I didn't know that about Sprint's, though.