Droid Prime in October for Verizon

joeyguard

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is right we should have had the GS2 a long time ago.

I have att with 4 lines and I was gonna wait for the prime but now who knows.

this sucks

Xephik

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... could it mean that Verizon has exclusivity to the DROID Prime because they own the DROID name, and then the rest of the carriers get a Nexus Prime at the same time?

BoozeRob

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... could it mean that Verizon has exclusivity to the DROID Prime because they own the DROID name, and then the rest of the carriers get a Nexus Prime at the same time?

My money is on a timed exclusive this it will roll out with the Nexus moniker on other networks after.

Sqube

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does "Droid" Prime instead of Nexus Prime conjure visions of VZW bloatware for anyone else?
Yes. Yes, it does. The only thing that makes me feel marginally better is that Samsung seems to have seen the light when it comes to locked and encrypted bootloaders, since they gave those phones to Cyanogen and the squad.

To be honest, I'm mad at the possibility that the first ICS phone won't be a pure ICS experience. That'll be the first time that's happened, won't it?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So I take it there will not be a Nexus Prime, or a Nexus 3? I would have really preferred Google release a Nexus 3 and launch it on all carriers instead of doing this exclusive game and fragmenting Android even more.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I hope google didn't bend over backwards just to launch the device on verizon. A skinned, bloated nexus really defeats the purpose. I have a feeling that this isnt the next nexus, just a similarly specced device. Samsung Celox maybe?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
My guess is this comes late October or gets pushed back. Take a look at the phone landscape. Samsung doesn't have the GS2 coming to the largest carrier in the United States and the Bionic is coming out Sept. 8.

It's in Samsung's best interest to leak as much information about this phone as possible to keep people from buying the Bionic. October sounds like "best case scenario" to me.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Yes, it does. The only thing that makes me feel marginally better is that Samsung seems to have seen the light when it comes to locked and encrypted bootloaders, since they gave those phones to Cyanogen and the squad.

To be honest, I'm mad at the possibility that the first ICS phone won't be a pure ICS experience. That'll be the first time that's happened, won't it?

It'll be handled the Motorola Xoom was handled probably. Itll be full stock experience and first with updates. Only trace of Verizon we might see on the device is branding (hope not though)

Reactions: ChuckG73

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy your Os while other phones gets updated you'll still be sucking ics. Hey maybe this time the GPS will work.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
this just means that instead of getting the GSII they are opting for a ICS phone that resembles the NP I can't see Google not coming out with the N3 first, Just doesn't make sense. What i can see is the release of the GSII's in Sept. then the N3 in OCT Mid month and after that the Dprime. Even after the GS1 came out and is the same phone as the NexS it still hasn't received 2.3. Partly to Sammy's doing... I just can't see this as being the Nexus Prime and not being released as a Google phone.Droid is to Carrier specific and Google would want there phone to be a Neutral name and be known as there phone not Verizon's phone on other carriers... The only thing i can think is that under contract Google will allow them to call it Droid but still have it recognized as the Nexus phone. just MO nothing confirmed by anyone yet anyway..

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Figure Big Red was going do something along these lines.
All that is left now is a waiting game to see if all the hype is well worth the wait.