Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By trenchkato
  • 3 Post By soap
  • 1 Post By TuxDotKing
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus Prime - What do you think it will look like?

Hello ANDROID buddies...My first thread here.

Just was wondering how everyone is imagining the Nexus Prime will be.

I was looking at the fake Nexus 4 website () and I would love the new Nexus to be like the phone in this website. I think it looks classy with the steel edges while still maintaining the ergonomic design.

Forgive my ignorance... I am a novice regarding android devices... do you guys think that image is a made up one or is there any phone like that already. Because i see the front camera is kind of waaay towards the left...that it normally is on other phones.

Shoot your thoughts..

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

I think it will look like a mix between the nexus one and nexus s. Sort if like the phone on the fan website. It also might look like a galaxy s 2.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.
    Banned

ROM
    CM7

Default Re: Nexus Prime - How do you think it will look like?

It's gonna be so sexy. Samsungs latest and greatest is gorgeous.

I don't care what it looks like. I just want it to get to Sprint ASAP! But, to answer the question, I believe it will look somewhat similar to the GSII, but still have a unique style.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

It's going to be shiny black plastic. The typical samsung look.

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    It's going to be shiny black plastic. The typical samsung look.
    Chances are it will. I hope not though. I'm interested in having a metal or aluminum backing.
    So many phones, so little time.

Have no idea what the Droid-Prime will look like, most likely a Galaxy S2 style, but I really want to see pic's of the next Nexus device, who cares about another Droid phone. Nexus-Three FTW coming this December.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

ROM
    Stock ICS!

it's definitely a fake, but it does look nice. i think i'd like it to look like that... but honestly, i care more about the internals and whether or not it comes to AT&T
    If I've made a difference, please make sure to thank me.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Have no idea what the Droid-Prime will look like, most likely a Galaxy S2 style, but I really want to see pic's of the next Nexus device, who cares about another Droid phone. Nexus-Three FTW coming this December.
    Would u stop spamming about the Droid prime not being a nexus device. That only came from bgr. U know that they can be wrong, right?

Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    Would u stop spamming about the Droid prime not being a nexus device. That only came from bgr. U know that they can be wrong, right?

I am not spamming, just saying the Prime has not been confirmed to be the third Nexus device, nobody knows. Some are saying it will be the called Droid-Prime, and be a beefed up Galaxy S2 with 1.5ghz dual core, running LTE. Others say it is the Nexus-Three running the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream OS.

But at this point in time it is pure speculation, and for all we know there truly is a Nexus-Three in development that no one has seen leaks of, or pic's yet.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

I am not spamming, just saying the Prime has not been confirmed to be the third Nexus device, nobody knows. Some are saying it will be the called Droid-Prime, and be a beefed up Galaxy S2 with 1.5ghz dual core, running LTE. Others say it is the Nexus-Three running the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream OS.

But at this point in time it is pure speculation, and for all we know there truly is a Nexus-Three in development that no one has seen leaks of, or pic's yet.
    Not even a Google employee and ex-Verizon engineer who would be the last guy to not know about there being a different "Nexus-Three"? (black_man_x)
    -Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon
    -Nexus S on no network
    -White 32GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus Prime - What do you think it will look like?

Zorachus, I totally get where your coming from.

However, the "Rumored Devices" forums by design is based on speculation. So really any discussion is on the table.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by TuxDotKing View Post
    Not even a Google employee and ex-Verizon engineer who would be the last guy to not know about there being a different "Nexus-Three"? (black_man_x)
    Love the replies to my first thread.. Like most of you here..although i don't care how it would look like I would love it to look like the one on the fan website..It does include some metal..around the edges and some plastic on the back I guess....
    But again.. I can't wait for it to come on ATT. or T-mobile (preferably ATT). I need it to be a GSM phone..

I think I am pretty sure it will be coming to all the networks...I mean Google going against Apple with out releasing it on all the networks is probably impossible....I guess it is just basic thinking..especially when you are hearing all these rumors that iphone will be coming to all the networks. That's what I think..

ROM
    Cyanogen 7

I am not spamming,
    You are spamming. Every thread I look at you post the same thing... we get it, you don't like the Droid platform.
    Thanked by 3:

dude i rarlely actually post.. but you are getting on my nerves with this... every thread you chime in with this
    Thanked by 5:
    TuxDotKing and masaokun like this.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM7 XRON 2.9.1

I don't post a whole not either but lets keep in mind this particular forum is dedicated to speculation.

I'm a fan of this site because everyone acts grownup for the most part, with little trolling, screaming teenagers, and helpful posts. Lets not go down that other dark road
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Gratificulous View Post
    I don't post a whole not either but lets keep in mind this particular forum is dedicated to speculation.
    I'm not sure anyone needs to be reminded of this fact... If you post the same exact thing day after day in 4 different threads and create new threads that say the exact same thing that's crossed over from speculation into spamming.

We get it... the Droid Prime isn't the Nexus 3. Now please just add something to the speculation.
    Thanked by:

Curved glass, edge to edge screen and a sexier evolution of the bump on the back:

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    Curved glass, edge to edge screen and a sexier evolution of the bump on the back:

I hope the Prime has an edge-to-edge screen. I've seen edge-to-edge phone concepts and they were all extremely slick looking... I'd be shocked if Apple doesn't put one in the iPhone 5.
    -Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon
    -Nexus S on no network
    -White 32GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
    Mac58 likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Sleak and sexy a chick phone

Sent from Tapatalk using Droid BionicX!
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

ROM
    cyanogen

I hope the Prime has an edge-to-edge screen. I've seen edge-to-edge phone concepts and they were all extremely slick looking... I'd be shocked if Apple doesn't put one in the iPhone 5.
    Edge to edge screen might not be that great of idea. You would be touching the screen by just holding the phone a lot.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post

Looks great.. But I don't know if it will have an edge to edge screen. Won't it be too uncomfortable. Almost looks like the one in the fan website. I would love the width to be not as big as the other samsung phones. It should be longer and thinner (width wise.. I'm sure it will be slim.. thickness wise)
    Smaller width will be comfortable to hold.. and i guess 1280 X 800 does achieve that reading from oter threads. Google does put emphasis on ergonomics.. I hope they make it comfortable to hold.

This.
    It would make sense since icecream is supposed to connect honeycomb to gingerbread and will not have buttons.
    I hope its like this