Super amoled hd screen annnounced

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
No, it's huge. And that's just too big IMO. I really wouldn't want anything bigger than 4.3, and I think the newer 4.52 GS2s are too big. I think they're just trying to put too much into a device, and forgetting that it really is a phone first.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That phone strikes me as one geared towards bluetooth users who like to do a lot of tasks on their phone at the same type. So business users might like it, especially if it has a stylus.

For most others I think it is too big. I once held a Dell Streak and just couldn't see many people using a phone that size on a regular basis and this new one by Samsung is bigger.

Might be nice for games and videos, but I rarely use Bluetooth now and this would look rather ridiculous being held up to my head. Although really big guys like you find in the NBA and NFL would probably like the added size.

masaokun

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I like big screens and I cannot lie. Personally, I was hoping for a re-release of the Dell Streak with updated specs and an LTE version for Verizon. That's the perfect size for me. The note looks fantastic, and I hope it comes to Verizon with LTE, and soon!

Greatbape

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Dream phone right here. Slap Ice cream sandwich on it... perfect. Hopefully this has nfc. No led notification is my only problem with this. Don't think the nexus could possible top this phone.. other than being more convenient in size.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
LOL I love it . 199 on contract.. geezz it is big though . I think too wide but its geared towards the business types imo. I would have loved to see the Streak on Sprint will dual core in it...

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
No, it's huge. And that's just too big IMO. I really wouldn't want anything bigger than 4.3, and I think the newer 4.52 GS2s are too big. I think they're just trying to put too much into a device, and forgetting that it really is a phone first.

I would probably not go bigger than 4.3" if there were capacitive buttons (my cousin's Infuse is gigantic). If there are no buttons, and a larger screen on the same size phone, I'm OK with 4.5".

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd really like to get the Galaxy Note, but I hear that it won't hit the U.S. until around mid-late next year. Too long for me just to wait around for it. :( Specs are quite impressive though.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have a beautiful Samsung screened phone at that giant size.
In fact, before I learned how sub-par the Dell Streak was, I was thinking of getting it.

phantomash

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I personally am really eager of seeing this screen on the Nexus 3, can't wait!

I rather the screen to be 4.65" like some of the rumors said, that 1.5" increase isn't really that significant, but it sounds kinda special, which in turns makes the Nexus 3 special :p

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does it still have over saturated colors? Samsung screens drive me nuts. I hesitate to recommend a samsung to my fiance because the screens are so terrible.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does it still have over saturated colors? Samsung screens drive me nuts. I hesitate to recommend a samsung to my fiance because the screens are so terrible.

some may consider the colors to be "over-saturated," but many (including myself) consider Samsung to make the best screens in the business. I don't think they're over-saturated, they're just more vibrant than any other screen out there, and I guess some people aren't used to that.

Sorry if that came across as arrogant or something; I guess some people can have different experiences, and they're certainly entitled to they're own preference/opinion

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Vibrant is the laymans term for oversaturated. Having worked in graphic design, the colors on the samsung screen drives me crazy. Of course I'm not used to colors being wrong, lol.

I'm not saying they aren't bright or crisp screens. They would be fantasic if you could fix the colors. See, for me, I can enjoy a movie with a good or bad image, but when the colors are wrong, I can't think of anything but how wrong the colors are.

Edit
Now that I think about it, I think photoshop's slider for creating over saturated images is called Vibrance.

Last edited:

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Super amoled hd screen announced

Vibrant is the layman's term for over saturated. Having worked in graphic design, the colors on the samsung screen drives me crazy. Of course I'm not used to colors being wrong, lol.

I'm not saying they aren't bright or crisp screens. They would be fantastic if you could fix the colors. See, for me, I can enjoy a movie with a good or bad image, but when the colors are wrong, I can't think of anything but how wrong the colors are.

Sucks for you.
I also have worked in the visual media field, at the mass market end, and I can assure you that "hyped" sells. I, along with the majority of the rest of the world, am not looking for a piece of instrumentation equipment in a phone. I like a little razzle dazzle, as does the majority of Android handset owners seeing as Samsung is the number 1 Android manufacturer.
So unless your fianc? is as neurotic as you, I'm sure she will LOVE a Samsung phone. :p

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Vibrant is the laymans term for oversaturated. Having worked in graphic design, the colors on the samsung screen drives me crazy. Of course I'm not used to colors being wrong, lol.

I'm not saying they aren't bright or crisp screens. They would be fantasic if you could fix the colors. See, for me, I can enjoy a movie with a good or bad image, but when the colors are wrong, I can't think of anything but how wrong the colors are.

Edit
Now that I think about it, I think photoshop's slider for creating over saturated images is called Vibrance.

It is my understanding that there is an option in TouchWiz 4.0 that allows you tone down the saturation/vibrance. For a Sammy device running pure Android, I don't know if there would be the same option though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC