Verizon Map

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
From the "grasping at straws" department this new VZW map shows the Droid Charge coming to an end 9/30. My guess is Samsung will not want that competing against whatever the Prime turns out to be. Also, the model number floating around for the Prime is SCH-i515 and the Charge is SCH-i510. That makes the Prime seem like the successor as well.

Verizon Map

Last edited:

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up. Every device gets the standard 6 month pricing period regardless if the price changes or not for the next cycle.
And even though the Charge's end date is the 30th doesn't mean we'll stop selling it afterwards. It just means that there isn't a scheduled price for the next cycle.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up. Every device gets the standard 6 month pricing period regardless if the price changes or not for the next cycle.

I didn't realize this had anything to do with hope. Even without a replacement device the Charge is on its last legs. It won't stack up to the Bionic and the new HTC device coming down the pike.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. You have to understand that enthusiasts make up a very small percentage of verizon's concerns. They'll figure something new to do with the current 4G phones to make it worth the average customer's while.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter. You have to understand that enthusiasts make up a very small percentage of verizon's concerns. They'll figure something new to do with the current 4G phones to make it worth the average customer's while.

Don't get your hopes up.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Well excuse me if Verizon made a stupid mistake not releasing the GS2. I'm pretty sure the sales speak for themselves besides if there is a nice phone on the market customers will buy regardless of being an enthusiast

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
besides if there is a nice phone on the market customers will buy regardless of being an enthusiast

Regular people have NO IDEA what good phones are. To them, the Droid CHarge IS the top-end phone to get. Most people go on price alone.....

Sad but true. Thus, Verizon gets away with it more often than not.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What I mean about "hope" is don't expect the Prime to be released on the 31st, or even in the entire month of october based on that information. They have nothing to do with each other.

And the Charge is currently the best phone, overall, that VZW currently offers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish