Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DolfanCole
  • 2 Post By nemov
  • 1 Post By equake
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Could this be the Nexus Prime?

Phil posted this awhile back in the Bionic forums. What do you guys think about this being the Prime?
    Docs from a Verizon focus group [unconfirmed]

Carrier
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Default Re: Could this be the Nexus Prime?

It could line up well. And I would hope so. But, just as the discussion was then, I believe what Phil posted was probably not features of a specific phone, but more buzzwords, desired featureset, etc., of things that might excite customers.
    slimjamm likes this.

Carrier
    Stock

Possible, but agree with DolfanCole. Just gauging specs, not a whole device.

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    It could line up well. And I would hope so. But, just as the discussion was then, I believe what Phil posted was probably not features of a specific phone, but more buzzwords, desired featureset, etc., of things that might excite customers.
    except for the 4.3 screen

Quote Originally Posted by trenchkato View Post
    I wouldn't mind a 4.3 screen. These super sized screens are too much.
    DolfanCole and EggoEspada like this.

Carrier
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by trenchkato View Post
    Not necessarily. It's still all speculation what it might have, whether it be 4", 4.3", 4.5", 4.6", or something greater. I personally don't want anything bigger than 4.3".
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Obviously, any of the specs could change over time. Interesting though, it is a vzw test group and a Samsung device. If vzw is involved, it has to do with making money. This test group could have shown them how much interest people would have in a Nexus device on their LTE network, with the early specs they had. Lots of interest equals lots of money for them. Lots of speculation, hope for some solid facts soon!

Carrier
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by slimjamm View Post
    Obviously, any of the specs could change over time. Interesting though, it is a vzw test group and a Samsung device. If vzw is involved, it has to do with making money. This test group could have shown them how much interest people would have in a Nexus device on their LTE network, with the early specs they had. Lots of interest equals lots of money for them. Lots of speculation, hope for some solid facts soon!
    Maybe. Obviously the SAMOLED advanced screen means it would be a Samsung device. But, that may have just been a feature that resonated with the focus group as a nice-to-have. It's just all wild speculation on what the document really was though.

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    I wouldn't mind a 4.3 screen. These super sized screens are too much.
    I agree, the big screens make for a heavy pocket. Besides a 4 in or 4.3 will make for a better PPI which beats the Retina display.

As long as it has a true HD screen, dual cores, LTE, ICS or upgradeable to ICS i'll be happy.
    EggoEspada likes this.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    Not necessarily. It's still all speculation what it might have, whether it be 4", 4.3", 4.5", 4.6", or something greater. I personally don't want anything bigger than 4.3".
    What about 4.5 in the chassis of a 4.3?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

Always gauge a phone by its size, not the size of the screen ~Technology forward thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    What about 4.5 in the chassis of a 4.3?

No. The current 4.3 phones are already too big.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

This sounds more like a next generation iphone. The ipod touch has a thickness of .28". Also see this link about Apples interest in a carbon fiber body.

AppleInsider | Apple interested in creating colorful, durable carbon fiber devices
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Doesn't sound like an iphone at all. The screen is obviously Samsung, the thickness also follows their trend, and it's Kevlar, not Carbon Fiber. Too much customization, definitely not an I-anything.
    Remain Calm!

Carrier
    FI

How about this. Take the Fassy form factor, replace the capactive buttons with a larger 4.5 inch screen. (ICS does not need buttons.) You have a 4.5 inch phone in the thinnest lightest possible form factor.

Carrier
    Stock

Nothing wrong with a 4.5 if the borders are minimal

Carrier
    ICS flavor of the day....

http://androidandme.com/2011/09/news...me-we-hope-so/

If this were real, this would be sweet......

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

As long as the chassis isn't full metal, I'm in. I'd rather have polycarbonate like the Nokia N9 (i think that's the one) -- no dents and minimal antenna attenuation like that observed in metal phone bodies.