Google says: ICS launching Oct/Nov

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So that's put all the rumors of the October launch of the Verizon Droid-Prime to rest.

The Nexus-Prime wont be out until at least mid November. Most likely Thanksgiving time, and more rumors point to it coming to several carriers under the "Nexus" brand and Verizon will call it a "Droid"

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
So that's put all the rumors of the October launch of the Verizon Droid-Prime to rest.

The Nexus-Prime wont be out until at least mid November. Most likely Thanksgiving time, and more rumors point to it coming to several carriers under the "Nexus" brand and Verizon will call it a "Droid"

What rumor suggests it's coming to multiple carriers? There's no concrete source other than one BGR article for the name "Droid Prime." You sound like a broken record.

Reactions: kieelo and slimjamm

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't really understand where you got any of that from. He said ICS would be launching Oct/Nov... nothing about the Droid/Nexus Prime or carriers.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want a nexus S now, 20 dollars and it will get ICS? I may get one cheap and ram custom roms by aspiring devs down its chips and use the encrypted machine ruler for school. Besides, I checked nur med, and Android DOES have all required apps! Woot! No iphone reduced life. Need some ICS though.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time believing that Google will release such a revolutionary, buttonless OS such as ICS without a proper device that uses it.....

Yeah lets debut the OS that will stabilize the platform on an old device that its not primed for....?

I see them debuting both at once, using ICS debut as the announcemnt of the Prime during the unveiling, releasing the phone the following week or so.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Eric does not like the goofy naming of the OS. I agree. Enough with desert treats.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Eric does not like the goofy naming of the OS. I agree. Enough with desert treats.

The naming scheme was cool before, now its stale. Totally agree.

I dont mind it until someone thinks of something better, though.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

They are INTERNAL code names made up by the engineers,who can call it whatever the hell they want; they're the ones working on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i like it! its different. why change now? what would you change it to after a long list of desert treats? at least make it through the alphabet.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
They are INTERNAL code names made up by the engineers,who can call it whatever the hell they want; they're the ones working on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
They're embarrassing and not cool at all; it's very effeminate. And if they're putting anymore than 2.5 seconds in trying to decide the next treat, they're wasting way too much time and effort.
When I explain Android phones to people and customers I don't use the names; I either call it the new OP or 2.3, etc. I can't bring myself to do it without making a face and putting on a voice.

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
They're embarrassing and not cool at all; it's very effeminate. And if they're putting anymore than 2.5 seconds in trying to decide the next treat, they're wasting way too much time and effort.
When I explain Android phones to people and customers I don't use the names; I either call it the new OP or 2.3, etc. I can't bring myself to do it without making a face and putting on a voice.

Marketing 101: Say, Do, Show something that will "stick" in the consumers mind. Has nothing to do with anyone "liking" it, but your darn tooting if you call something an ice cream sandwich, people will effing remember it!

Stop reading into this so much.... your mind will turn into a turd.:confused: