Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By nemov
  • 1 Post By scotty_pimmpen
  • 1 Post By TheDave
  • 1 Post By huskerkate
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Default Google says: ICS launching Oct/Nov

Chairman Eric Schmidt announced that ICS will be ready Oct/Nov. this probably means a Nov/Dec launch for the Prime.

woot!

Eric Schmidt: Ice Cream Sandwich Coming in October or November - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    "You really know how to cover your arse Gillette, but those pants are a huge mistake." Fletch
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Google says: ICS launching Oct/Nov

So that's put all the rumors of the October launch of the Verizon Droid-Prime to rest.

The Nexus-Prime wont be out until at least mid November. Most likely Thanksgiving time, and more rumors point to it coming to several carriers under the "Nexus" brand and Verizon will call it a "Droid"

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So that's put all the rumors of the October launch of the Verizon Droid-Prime to rest.

The Nexus-Prime wont be out until at least mid November. Most likely Thanksgiving time, and more rumors point to it coming to several carriers under the "Nexus" brand and Verizon will call it a "Droid"
    What rumor suggests it's coming to multiple carriers? There's no concrete source other than one BGR article for the name "Droid Prime." You sound like a broken record.
    Thanked by 2:
    sndplace and trenchkato like this.

ROM
    Cyanogen 7

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

I don't really understand where you got any of that from. He said ICS would be launching Oct/Nov... nothing about the Droid/Nexus Prime or carriers.
    nemov likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

If you want a nexus S now, 20 dollars and it will get ICS? I may get one cheap and ram custom roms by aspiring devs down its chips and use the encrypted machine ruler for school. Besides, I checked nur med, and Android DOES have all required apps! Woot! No iphone reduced life. Need some ICS though.

ROM
    Stock

I have a hard time believing that Google will release such a revolutionary, buttonless OS such as ICS without a proper device that uses it.....

Yeah lets debut the OS that will stabilize the platform on an old device that its not primed for....?

I see them debuting both at once, using ICS debut as the announcemnt of the Prime during the unveiling, releasing the phone the following week or so.
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The hardware is there lol, just undercover.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    The hardware is there lol, just undercover.
    kind of like "double secret probation"?? lol
    "You really know how to cover your arse Gillette, but those pants are a huge mistake." Fletch
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.

i cant wait until they name their next one Jelly. Think of the possibilities!

U Jelly
    Jelly Celly
    Jelly-filled Smartphone

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyTyFern View Post
    i cant wait until they name their next one Jelly. Think of the possibilities!

U Jelly
    Jelly Celly
    Jelly-filled Smartphone
    I'm betting it'll be called Jellybean.

Hopefully Canadian carriers don't get delayed like with the Nexus S! My contract ends in Janurary 2012..just in time for the Nexus Prime

Eric does not like the goofy naming of the OS. I agree. Enough with desert treats.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rominucka View Post
    Eric does not like the goofy naming of the OS. I agree. Enough with desert treats.

The naming scheme was cool before, now its stale. Totally agree.

I dont mind it until someone thinks of something better, though.
    Banned

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

I just hope they can ship my ice cream sandwich fast, so it doesn't melt...

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

They are INTERNAL code names made up by the engineers,who can call it whatever the hell they want; they're the ones working on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

i like it! its different. why change now? what would you change it to after a long list of desert treats? at least make it through the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    They are INTERNAL code names made up by the engineers,who can call it whatever the hell they want; they're the ones working on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    They're embarrassing and not cool at all; it's very effeminate. And if they're putting anymore than 2.5 seconds in trying to decide the next treat, they're wasting way too much time and effort.
    When I explain Android phones to people and customers I don't use the names; I either call it the new OP or 2.3, etc. I can't bring myself to do it without making a face and putting on a voice.
    Banned

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

They're embarrassing and not cool at all; it's very effeminate. And if they're putting anymore than 2.5 seconds in trying to decide the next treat, they're wasting way too much time and effort.
    When I explain Android phones to people and customers I don't use the names; I either call it the new OP or 2.3, etc. I can't bring myself to do it without making a face and putting on a voice.

Marketing 101: Say, Do, Show something that will "stick" in the consumers mind. Has nothing to do with anyone "liking" it, but your darn tooting if you call something an ice cream sandwich, people will effing remember it!

Stop reading into this so much.... your mind will turn into a turd.