Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

Nexus Prime might be called the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, sporting a 4.65" HD screen and metal chassis

Have to say, the specs line up...

But that name just isnt happening....

Also, this differs from the Verizon version, that one sooner than this?? Doubtful...

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

I can see the name helps selling the Nexus, with it being the Galaxy series. But this could mean that everyone will start associating the Nexus brand with Samsung, which isn't nice.

I personally like the name being Nexus Prime.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

I just dont see google allowing thew galaxy name attached. period.

its a google nexus phone, they will call it such. no droid, galaxy, etc
    Thanked by:
    Wicell 
    DolfanCole and Wicell like this.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    I just dont see google allowing thew galaxy name attached. period.

its a google nexus phone, they will call it such. no droid, galaxy, etc
    That was my initial thoughts as well. If it's going to be a Nexus, then leave "Galaxy" out of it. You could argue that the Nexus S could also be called the Galaxy Nexus just based on the hardware.

Finally matching up

i dont care what it's called or how everyone will judge me for having a galaxy phone or how everyone will associate nexus with samsung. im going to get a phone that works for me. the end.
    EggoEspada likes this.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

dont matter whats it called..i want it period..please come to sprint first forget verizon

there are rumblings that this isn't vzw's phone. and that vzw's version (1515) will come closer to end of november. and that 1515 won't be a nexus, just an ICS phone. **** U VZW!!!!!
    oh yea, take this with salt

dammit. I was all set to get the Epic 4G Touch...but if this phone drops at the end of October, im gonna be upset.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Please come to Verizon without bloat... Please?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Sounds sick but I am excited to see what the newly combined forces of motorola and google brings! finally a vanilla droid worthy of kings I believe.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Screw Sprint, show me some VZW love baby!!!

A shame if the naming is true. Awesome if the hardware is true! Could we rename it the Nexus Galaxy, though? At least then it sounds cool.
    - Josh

My personal blog, The Walking Blogger
    Add me on Google+!
    Or if you prefer, try @joshmunoz on Twitter!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I know the nexus line always gets the updates first, and that's all that matters to me. I don't even think I'd root my nexus. Lock, stock and vanilla for me. Oh and VZW of course. ;-)
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Munoz View Post
    A shame if the naming is true. Awesome if the hardware is true! Could we rename it the Nexus Galaxy, though? At least then it sounds cool.
    Yep, as a community we could call it whatever we want. Screw those fools naming phones all crazy.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    i dont care what it's called or how everyone will judge me for having a galaxy phone or how everyone will associate nexus with samsung. im going to get a phone that works for me. the end.
    Do people really judge each other on their phone? You might want to reconsider those associations.

"You know yankdez, me and the guys have been talking. We really don't appreciate you coming around here with a single core processor."
    Randizzledante likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaulc View Post
    Do people really judge each other on their phone? You might want to reconsider those associations.

"You know yankdez, me and the guys have been talking. We really don't appreciate you coming around here with a single core processor."
    Just think back to the (sort of) old "Phone Shame" commercials Best Buy used to air. Granted, those weren't smartphones at all, but I guess it's in the same vein?
    - Josh

Add me on Google+!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    Please come to Verizon without bloat... Please?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I'm not picky. Keep the bloat if you must. As long as I can Rule the Air on the nations largest 4G network.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaulc View Post
    I'm not picky. Keep the bloat if you must. As long as I can Rule the Air on the nations largest 4G network.
    A Nexus is gonna be rootable anyway. Therefore, bloatfree.
    - Josh

Add me on Google+!

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

I suppose it's possible that it might have some variants of the same device on each carrier.. say the Nexus Prime for T-Mo and where ever else the Nexus is offered globally. On Sprint it might be the Nexus Prime 4G, Verizon will be the Droid Prime and maybe this Nexus Galaxy stuff is for the likes of AT&T? the real question at that point would be if the "renamed" ones have bloat and even worse manufacturer UI's.. the same hardware (and ICS?) just different names on different carriers (much like the current Galaxy lines). Before y'all execute my mental musings it could be possible in the sense that Google might be wanting to offer the phone in a more broad manor and this would be a way.

also even if they did have manufacturer ui's and bloat we'll eventually have root and in my limited knowledge of making a ROM I'd think it would be easy enough to port the Nexus Primes stock plain vanilla build to the other devices since the hardware would be identical (outside of radios).

just my thoughts

this Verizon only rumor is really disappointing me, Google has always supported GSM, CDMA only nexus phone is gonna be such a small circuit of customers to go after. More then likely they'll release an international version... Guess im gonna have to import it.. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by shanx View Post
    this Verizon only rumor is really disappointing me, Google has always supported GSM, CDMA only nexus phone is gonna be such a small circuit of customers to go after. More then likely they'll release an international version... Guess im gonna have to import it.. Sigh
    There's nothing really small about Verizon.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

this is why I believe that it'll not be the Nexus on Verizon but rather a variant of the same phone. CDMA is Verizon and Sprint as far as I know it doesn't exist outside the US and that would make no sense to limit the Nexus phone like that.. however the Droid Prime makes perfect sense. it may also come out first with the Nexus Prime following shortly after much like the OG Droid followed by the Nexus One.

It will not only be on Verizon. You'd be foolish to think they'll never release it on other carriers in the states.
    - Josh

Add me on Google+!
    TuxDotKing likes this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast