Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S II HD Lte, is this the nexus/prime?

Maybe, hmmmm?

http://thisismynext.com/2011/09/26/samsung-galaxy-ii-hd-lte-launch-korea-316ppi/

Default Re: Galaxy S II HD Lte, is this the nexus/prime?

Nope.
    Thanked by:
    Alucardsyco likes this.
    Don't call me a nerd

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Scottatron View Post
    Nope.
    Why not? Specs match the rumored prime. The only difference in the US would be lack of the buttons at the bottom. We have seen that before, they replaced the physical with 2 capacitive. I'm going to go with this is the international version of what MAY become the US Prime.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Rumors by definition don't always pan out....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Don't call me a nerd

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    Rumors by definition don't always pan out....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    This is true...but the question posed was could this be. So, yes, it could be.

If anything it tells us the rumored specs are plausible (although I'm curious what specific dual core processor they are using in this one).

As far as look goes, I'm expecting it to look different. All rumor accounts so far have it looking more like the Nexus S than anything else.
    god of thunder.

ROM
    Latest CyanogenMod

I think its plausible this could what the Desire was the Nexus One and what the first Galaxy S was to the Nexus S.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mooem View Post
    If anything it tells us the rumored specs are plausible (although I'm curious what specific dual core processor they are using in this one).

As far as look goes, I'm expecting it to look different. All rumor accounts so far have it looking more like the Nexus S than anything else.
    The only "Nexus S"-like rumor that I've heard is that it will have the same curved glass as the Nexus S. Not sure you can tell that from straight-on images. What other rumors are there that it will be like the Nexus S?

Call me strange but samoled is good enough give me the phone in the low res version to save battery and more performance.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by whitecomet View Post
    Call me strange but samoled is good enough give me the phone in the low res version to save battery and more performance.
    If you're strange, then so am I. I went to the Sprint store this past weekend to check out the Epic 4G Touch. The SAMOLED+ display was just amazing to me. And I would love that display on my next device. Increasing the resolution, but falling back to a Pentile matrix, has me a little worried although I'd have to see it first to see how it compares. But, the bar set by the SAMOLED+ on the GSII is very high and I'd be more than happy with that.
    snowmancomic likes this.

The Galaxy S II HD, will almost for sure be the Verizon phone coming in November, big difference being, Android 2.4 "Ice Cream" and no hardware buttons, plus will have the shape of the Nexus-S and T-Mobile Galaxy S2 with rounded corners.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    The only "Nexus S"-like rumor that I've heard is that it will have the same curved glass as the Nexus S. Not sure you can tell that from straight-on images. What other rumors are there that it will be like the Nexus S?
    I don't remember where I read it but I distinctly remember some sources indicating that it looks like a bigger version of the Nexus S. Of course, taking any rumor at face value would be unwise.

I personally prefer the look of the GSII over the curvy Nexus S. I guess it shouldn't be long before we find out how the "Samsung Super Nexus Droid Prime Epic HD Touch 4g LTE w/ Google™" will look like.
    Thanked by:
    DolfanCole likes this.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

I don't remember where I read it but I distinctly remember some sources indicating that it looks like a bigger version of the Nexus S. Of course, taking any rumor at face value would be unwise.
    Gotcha. I just hadn't seen anything other than the curved glass.

I personally prefer the look of the GSII over the curvy Nexus S. I guess it shouldn't be long before we find out how the "Samsung Super Nexus Droid Prime Epic HD Touch 4g LTE w/ Google" will look like.
    I went by the Sprint store this past weekend, and the E4GT was very impressive. If I was on Sprint, I'd be sporting a new device right now. If whatever Verizon gets is similar to that, I'll be quite happy. I like pretty much everything about that device.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I for one just want a picture of the hardware to leak. We've seen the Droid RAZR, we've seen the Vigor, we've seen the new LG...come on Samsung! Let one out into the wild so at least we can get some blurrycam action!
    scotty_pimmpen and Lucki like this.

IF the Galaxy SII HD LTE is coming to Verizon with whatever moniker the foist on it here is a really nifty size comparison chart from a link someone named Thomas on Androidandme.com posted a short while ago.

The site is in German but the size chart at the bottom doesn't need translation:

To the people saying the would prefer Super Amoled +. HD Amoled is +. They dropped the + because it's not really needed anymore. Go check out the galaxy note reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    To the people saying the would prefer Super Amoled +. HD Amoled is +. They dropped the + because it's not really needed anymore. Go check out the galaxy note reviews.
    Those folks are saying they want the SAMOLED + because there is no Pentile with the SGS2 displays, and the SAMOLED HD is rumored to have a Pentile matrix (which is disliked wildly by some, but is also a bit polarizing regarding just how noticeable it is in every day use - not everyone believes it's a big deal). With a HD screen it may be even less noticeable if at all. We will see.

If (for instance) the Bionic was $199 then i would say the screen is acceptable. But at $299 it's unforgivable.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Those folks are saying they want the SAMOLED + because there is no Pentile with the SGS2 displays, and the SAMOLED HD is rumored to have a Pentile matrix (which is disliked wildly by some, but is also a bit polarizing regarding just how noticeable it is in every day use - not everyone believes it's a big deal). With a HD screen it may be even less noticeable if at all. We will see.
    It comes down to pixel density. Even at 4.3" qHD, the pixel density isnt high enough to hide the subpixel alignment, low 200s for the Motorola qHDs.

At 4.3" 720p, the density rises to low 300s, as it will be for the SAMOLED HD.. that's Retina Display territory and any subpixel issues should be a nonfactor.

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rrhartjr View Post
    It comes down to pixel density. Even at 4.3" qHD, the pixel density isnt high enough to hide the subpixel alignment, low 200s for the Motorola qHDs.

At 4.3" 720p, the density rises to low 300s, as it will be for the SAMOLED HD.. that's Retina Display territory and any subpixel issues should be a nonfactor.
    It technically is a 'Rentina Display'. The idea behind that is you reach a certain density where the human eye can not see any pixels -- which is anything 300ppi+. And regardless of the pentile arrangement, at such a high density, it might become unnoticeable (like you stated).
    So many phones, so little time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

actually it is more the non-linear shape of the pixels. linear (square) pixels ALWAYS look better. just like back in the day of the first HD plasmas with non standard resolutions, the pixels were rectangular. also pentile is not that bad, it is the RGBW pentile that looks bad to me. the every fourth white sub-pixel is just irritating.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The RGBW display on the Bionic didn't bother me. I thought the screen was nice. You could see the nonlinear matrix, but not at a level that detracted from the crispness of it. You could really dial down the text and it would remain readable.

I just LOVE super amoled+ displays (except they seem a little dark, as I am used to a sheet of white under the color arrangement.) The contrast and color are beautiful. Quality photos look amazing and so does video.

Those issues are apples to oranges, and I am not sure there is a winner, just a personal preference. What killed me today was loosing data on the Bionic 5 times and not being able to communicate via data on break at school. For 300 bucks, I figured the LTE/CDMA radio trade offs would have come around. I don't think LTE is stable or that LTE devices are good, unless you are in the big city or airport. Then it must be nice.

That would be my one desire for the Nexus, a good LTE radio capable of hand offs, and a stable connection.

Verizon NEEDS a Samsung of high caliber.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

i agree with you on your opinions of displays. the RGBW arrangement on Bionic wouldnt bother me enough to not buy it. I am being very picky when i slam it! i just MUCH prefer Samoled. Pentile or not. Pick your evil. I can tell you one thing if the prime is the GS2HD, i would be absolutely tickled pink!!!!! if the prime does anything better or styled/crafted better, than hell yeah, ill take it as a plus!

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    i agree with you on your opinions of displays. the RGBW arrangement on Bionic wouldnt bother me enough to not buy it. I am being very picky when i slam it! i just MUCH prefer Samoled. Pentile or not. Pick your evil. I can tell you one thing if the prime is the GS2HD, i would be absolutely tickled pink!!!!! if the prime does anything better or styled/crafted better, than hell yeah, ill take it as a plus!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all pentile screens have RGBW sub pixel arrangements? Isn't that what a pentile screen is?

Maybe, I hope so. Even more, it's mostly opinion anyway. I have the Samsung Fascinate which is a Galaxy S 800 x 480 SAMOLD Pentile display. I LOVE it. I have zero issues with how it looks. Other owners may feel differently. I don't think one can quantify everyone's perception of the screen as much as folks try to do sometimes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast