Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock+

Default What's your backup plan?

Lets play a roll playing game:
    So you're a verizon customer, You've been holding on to an upgrade for months, possibly due to the ridiculous delays on the bionic. You've always wanted a nexus device but you've pretty much given up on big red ever getting one. Then like a shining beacon of hope, rumors of the nexus prime show up. You're intrigued but skeptical, chatter grows louder and you become excited. The CTIA event next week passes and.... nothing. Ok, no big deal, it is a convention more for people in "the biz" than for consumers. The Rumored launch day isn't untill november, so you budget appropirately for buying a new phone. Then the day arives and just like the n1, they annouce and launch the same time! rejoice! But wait a minute, didn't they say GSM radios? I didn't hear anything about CDMA. Sounds like they are making it as globally usable as possible, and you're stuck without your phone. Good news is you have an upgrade and money burning a hole in your pocket. What do you do? Do you go with the bionic? wait for the stratosphere or the vigor?

Personally I would probably just buy the bionic, with an extended battery, since it doesn't look as awful as some other phones *cough*tbolt*cough*

Default Re: What's your backup plan?

flame me if you want but here is my preference: 1) prime 2) ip5 3) droid hd

Back to the Iphone because android phones shouldn't have skins and no phone should have crapware. Vigor would be nice but HTC can't make a phone with good battery life and apple and samsung's screens kick the hell out of htc.
    United States Air Force

Stratosphere or Vigor. I'm getting a bit annoyed at poky 3G data...it wasn't a problem before but now that I've moved...I barely get any signal indoors for data.

Plan A) Nexus on Verizon. My plan B) Nexus on Sprint.

1) Nexus Prime slider on Verizon
    2) Droid 4 (if it comes out this year)
    3) Droid 3 or Stratosphere, then buy Droid 4 next year

ROM
    Stock 4.0.1 Rooted

Not a problem I will have (since I'm not on Verizon or even in the US) but for the sake of argument if I was what I did next would depend on were I lived, what phone I had and why Verizon was not carrying the Nexus. If it turns out that they turned down the Nexus because they were not allowed to put their crapware or branding on the phone then I would leave Verizon After sending them a letter explaining why they had lost me as a customer, maybe starting up a campaign to get others to drop verizon for this reason.
    If it was for some other reason then I would look at the other phones available from Verizon and any other carriers that had good service in my area. The age of my phone and how much I needed/wanted features it didn't have would decide how much longer I would be willing to wait for something else (ie another phone with ICS) to come along.

I have another question for you. What if you were told at the nexus prime launch that the Verizon version was coming soon, like they did with the nexus one, would you trust them to deliver this time?

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Well I might go for the HTC Vigor or just save my upgrade. My Thunderbolt is completely capable, I just want the Nexus experience.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    So many phones, so little time.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

1) droid hd
    2) droid 4
    3) iPhone 6 with LTE

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Unfortunately, the Nexus Prime is my Plan E or F. I've been sitting on an upgrade since Aug. 2010. If no Nexus though, then I'd seriously consider the Vigor, Bionic, Stratosphere, and possibly the Droid HD depending on release schedule. I really plan on getting new phone by Thanksgiving.
    cdmta likes this.

I've been sitting on an upgrade since April. Tried the Bionic but did not like it. If the Prime either never comes or somehow disappoints, I would probably give T-Mobile or AT&T a try.

Believe it or not, Verizon gets a bad signal at my house. AT&T and T-Mobile are better there. So giving one of them a try might make sense regardless.
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Probably go back to the Bionic, get the Vigor, or get a Thunderbolt off eBay to save my upgrade for something else later on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Pretty good member

Role playing, not roll playing. Sorry, couldn't help myself! I'd probably get a cheap TB or DB off eBay until I could try a 4.6" HD screen.

Thanks, Robrecht

Global Posts
    1,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I would either keep what I got or get a Bionic or Iphone 5. The Nexus phone is my number one though.

My plan B? I'd probably hang on to my TBolt until something truly awesome came along. I don't NEED to upgrade; I just want to.
    AZDROIDX and djrakowski like this.

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

1) Verizon Nexus
    2) Sprint Nexus

I'd probably just stick with my Bionic. The Droid HD seems like it could be very nice but nothing I'm willing to pay full price for. I'll just wait a year before Verizon allows me to do another early upgrade and by that time better phones will be out.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Follow the Nexus wherever it goes. Hasta la vista, Big Red (if necessary).
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Perfect Screen Shot Ad Free (App)
    Perfect Screen Shot (App)

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

at this point, i don't think there's any way i would get the Bionic. the Nexus and Moto Spyder are at the top of my list. if vzw screws with the Nexus, then i will wait for the Spyder.

now, the Droid HD has been showing up in vzw's CelleBrite. but, some indications are that the DHD may be the new D4, or it could be the Spyder (aka Droid RAZR). while i certainly like my OG, i may be done with pkb's. i'll probably wait for the Spyder, regardless of when it comes out.
    "You really know how to cover your arse Gillette, but those pants are a huge mistake." Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    at this point, i don't think there's any way i would get the Bionic. the Nexus and Moto Spyder are at the top of my list. if vzw screws with the Nexus, then i will wait for the Spyder.

now, the Droid HD has been showing up in vzw's CelleBrite. but, some indications are that the DHD may be the new D4, or it could be the Spyder (aka Droid RAZR). while i certainly like my OG, i may be done with pkb's. i'll probably wait for the Spyder, regardless of when it comes out.
    So you think VZW won't screw with the Spyder?

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by cdmta View Post
    So you think VZW won't screw with the Spyder?
    oh, i'm certain that they will. but, if i have a choice between a vzw-messed-with Sammy and a vzw-messed-with Moto, i'll take the Moto device. that being said, if the Nexus still has an unlocked BL (which, by all accounts, it should) then that could change things. i'm just waiting to see how things play out with these 2 devices before i make a choice.
    "You really know how to cover your arse Gillette, but those pants are a huge mistake." Fletch

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I don't really have a back up. If for some reason the Nexus is horrible (which I really, really, really can't see it being) I'll probably just do nothing. I really want a 4.5" + screen, and VZW doesn't offer anything in that department.
    wyseguy77 likes this.

If the Prime doesn't work out (Doubt it) then I might do the iPhone 5 or Vigor. Trust me when I say it though, I'll dump that iPhone in an instant if the Nexus 4 or whatever else that's awesome in the future pans out.

1. Prime

2. Droid HD (If before December)

3. Now my choices come to a GS2 on sprint, or a Bionic with a small possibility of a Vigor .

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

honestly, if verizon doesnt get nexus this time that will be the impetus for me to leave, t-mobile has always seemed like it could save me lots of money.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast