Screen snap of nexus prime?

nashdroid

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I did notice, without using photoshop, that that area of the image in picture is "blacker" than the other areas of the phone. Could be the user/camera blocking out ambient light, but it certainly looks different.

I pretty much always see eye-to-eye with you when I'm reading this forum. I do now as well. That area of the image is ABNORMALLY darker than the rest of the image. Also, though the new Nexus will, reportedly, have the curved glass, I just can't see this thing being just a larger Nexus S. I think it will be a lot different. If it was just a larger Nexus S, then that wouldn't be revolutionary or game-changing. It would just be old-hat, and boring. Again, just my opinion. This thing has been so tightly under wraps that I think we are in for something very special and game-changing. I've never seen a phone, in the last few years, arrive without even one credible image leak. This phone, in my opinion, might make it to announcement without a real image being leaked, and I believe that speaks volumes as to how amazing and game-changing it will be. At least, that's what I hope will happen.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
October 4, 2011-- "GSM Arena, this is Mission Control (Google). You're clear for take off".

There's no doubt this is a marketing ploy by the Sammy/Google team for us Android Geeks just in time for the iPhoney event.

Looks very promising. :).. Additionally, my perspective of it in his hands sees this phone as being VERY thing. (Hump or no hump on bottom -> can't be determined), but at least we can kind of tell the mid-portion of the phone..

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the bezel is that big. That picture is taken at the perfect angle to maximize the perception of a large bezel. This is much ado about nothing.

the bezel to me looks in line with the Charge (which I, as in ME, like).. it helps my PTU case latch on and protects it from face-down falls!

inittowinit

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
has anyone thought it might be the nexus prime upside down. i.e. virtual buttons at the top of the screen and that's the top bevel? Although I'm not seeing a speaker grill.

phantomash

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
okay this may be off topic, but regardless what's Nexus Prime design is going to be, we know it won't be worse than what Apple has to offer now. :)

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
the screen is 4.56". it just looks and acts like a 4.3" because of the on-screen navigation buttons.

1184 x 720 = 322 dpi at 4.3"
1280 x 720 = 322 dpi at 4.56"

the missing 96 pixels are the on screen buttons

I calculated 4.33 without counting the buttons, and 4.59 counting the buttons. And that is at 319.96 ppi, since it says 320 not 322, but yeah same thing, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they officially called this 4.6 inches, I mean the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is actually 7.67 inches.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
okay this may be off topic, but regardless what's Nexus Prime design is going to be, we know it won't be worse than what Apple has to offer now. :)

.....especially now that we know there is no iPhone 5. It's the 4s. The live blog I've been watching says a A5 dual core (7X faster than iPhone 4) but same form factor and resolution. The cloud stuff seems cool. The iPhone doesn't need more speed since it's OS isn't asked to do a whole lot. Much more interesting stuff going on here IMO.

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
the more I look at it it does look like it could be a Nexus S. I was all excited for a real leak. *Shakes fist at Google* SOMEBODY LEAVE ONE SOMEWHERE!!!!

JWellington

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I also call fake. If you look closely at the image:
http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/11/10/nexus-prime/gsmarena_001.jpg

You can see at the botom how the s,w,x,y letters on the left (scaled,width,xdpi,ydpi) are off the screen. In fact that entire block of text on the bottom half appears much crisper than the top half. Also it appears to pop off the screen, whereas the top is definitely inside the glass.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

You can see at the botom how the s,w,x,y letters on the left (scaled,width,xdpi,ydpi) are off the screen. In fact that entire block of text on the bottom half appears much crisper than the top half. Also it appears to pop off the screen, whereas the top is definitely inside the glass.

That block of text also doesn't look to have quite the perspective as the top half. I also see a slight bluish hue in the top text, and not in the bottom text. Hmm..

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Could be fake, but not because of what you just mentioned. The photo was taken at an angle so the letters will look like they are touching the edge of the screen, the letters on the left edge towards the bottom are just as close as the letters from the top, "orientation" "screen" "touchscreen" etc. I think you are confused from looking at the blue-ish glare over "DisplayMetrics" which makes it look like it isn't touching the edge of the display, but really it is.

Edit: And as far as the text looking different on the bottom, focusing and perspective will do that to an image.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Could be fake, but not because of what you just mentioned. The photo was taken at an angle so the letters will look like they are touching the edge of the screen, the letters on the left edge towards the bottom are just as close as the letters from the top, "orientation" "screen" "touchscreen" etc. I think you are confused from looking at the blue-ish glare over "DisplayMetrics" which makes it look like it isn't touching the edge of the display, but really it is.

Edit: And as far as the text looking different on the bottom, focusing and perspective will do that to an image.

No, it looks as those the letters literally overlap onto the bezel...not just touch the edge of the screen. Look closely.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Agreed.