Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The "S" could once again help android?

Now I may just be reading into this a little too much, but the thought popped in my mind so I figured I would see what everyone thought.

When the android software really got its place in the market was when the OG Droid was launched in October 2009, 4 months after the iPhone 3gs was released. This may have been a coincidence, or it could have been people moving to a different software partially as a result of the new iPhone just being better internally. The improvements to the iPhone then and now are definitely big, but the lack of innovation on the design, simply recycling hardware, could again result in another shift in the smartphone market.

There is no hardcore research in this argument, I just noticed that android got big after the OG Droid, which was in the same "selling season" as the iPhone 3gs. Could the iPhone 4s lead to more of an android take over of the market with the Prime coming soon, which is supposed to be revolutionary.

I'm just curious what you guys have to say, obviously the door was left open for Google.

Default Re: The "S" could once again help android?

I think in the case of the og droid it was more of people looking for a nice comparable smartphone without having to switch carriers.
    However this time around with the 4s I think it will be the situation. There was way too much hype for way too long.