Wow, this device will be thin!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Pulled from user: TonKy (Reddit)

Here's an interesting comparison he mashed up. These device continues to get more and more sleek!

qvYzT.png

Here's another picture...all cleaned up. Awesome!

Z6AwB.jpg

Last edited:

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
not sure how he did the calculations here....and what does he mean NS is 10.8mm (NOT inches) thick. care to explain?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish it were a 6.4mm phone clocked at only 4.29". But I'm willing to bet this thing will be about 9.5mm and of course a 4.65" display. We shall see though. :)

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish it were a 6.4mm phone clocked at only 4.29". But I'm willing to bet this thing will be about 9.5mm and of course a 4.65" display. We shall see though. :)

Yeah I'm with you. I did the calculations and if it really is 320 dpi, I'm betting on 4.6 inches (I calculated 4.59), however it should still be roughly the same size as most 4.3 inch phones, and still quite thin, probably between 8.5mm - 10mm.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So how thin are we are talking here, just to get a perspective..? Like...iPhone thin?

More or less. It may not beat the GSII, but it could still be considered very thin. Also, the curved design kinda makes the device feel thinner in the hand. I compared the Nexus S to the Galaxy S a while back, and the NS actually felt thinner, though it was beat by about half a millimeter.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
So, the power button is on the same side as the dock connector? Can't see that causing any problems...

If it's true it definitely fills Samsungs awful button design quota. I still haven't gotten used to the volume and power buttons being on opposite sides of my Charge.

Last edited:

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it would be okay. It may not be aesthetically pleasing and if there was a problem with it being there....well then I doubt Samsung would have put it there in the first place.

I'm sure they know what they are doing.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How's thin supposed to be good? Is this gonna be powered by dilitheum crystals? If it's 4G Lte ain't it going to be sucking up lots of juice. I'm not a big fan of putting a phone on a charger every few hours. I think I'd feel better if it was less 'sleek'.

Sent from my Xoom

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Do yu guys think this has a metal chassis because this was one of the rumors I loved and I remember one rumor say it would be 8.8mm thin. But metal chassis? 8.8mm thin?

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
How's thin supposed to be good? Is this gonna be powered by dilitheum crystals? If it's 4G Lte ain't it going to be sucking up lots of juice. I'm not a big fan of putting a phone on a charger every few hours. I think I'd feel better if it was less 'sleek'.

Sent from my Xoom

Look at it this way... If the rumored 2000 MaH battery isn't large enough, the slim build lends more estate too a 3500 MaH without being much larger than say the bionic :). Or a nice super strong case... Cause looks like this thing wouldn't survive a fall..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I did something similiar. By my measurements, it's 6.4mm thin at the thinnest point and a 5" tall phone (4.65" screen). From the lowest point the the highest I measured about 13mm though.

king38

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Im liking this info more and more.. One thing i hope that happen is that bottom bezel to be the place samsung or carriers stamp their logo... I hope it come in a White or All red lol... but at least please have a micro sd slot please... thats wut will turn me off i need to be able to slang memory with no worries....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz