Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: Engadget Spec Update - Exynos?

No chance its 4430. I would say more accurately - 4460 likely, Exynos has an outside shot. Maybe those OMAP supply problem rumors forced a switch.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Man those specs are niiiiice haha. I have a hard time believing it to be true, but man a boy can dream. Especially that little bit of a gsm/cdma in one set! I could use that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig618 View Post
    No chance its 4430. I would say more accurately - 4460 likely, Exynos has an outside shot. Maybe those OMAP supply problem rumors forced a switch.
    Is that due to the video issue? If so, what is the cause, is it simply native speed or architecture?

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

I think it will be lame if the Verizon version is dumbed down.

What gives me hope is the way it is phrased about that supposed insider from Google, he is saying the specs are wrong/old. You would think if there were two versions then he would have said something about the initial spec leak being only one version.

Oh well, a few more days and we will know the truth. The first specs listed aren't bad, but the most recent specs definitely sound better and I would much prefer to have that. Like others have mentioned, I think it would be lame for all over carriers to get the S2 and a better Nexus while VZW gets one with lower specs and just for 60 days of exclusivity.

Would Google really want there to be two versions of their next flagship Nexus? Were there two versions of the other ones? It seems to me that they'd have a much harder time determining stability of the OS on two different hardware setups. Perhaps the two differences are nothing more than just the network radios?
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    Dizzing indeed. Sad how frustrated this stuff is getting for me, and Ive never even owned a decent smartphone before!

Heres to hoping whatever Google / Samsung have cooked up uses the freshest ingredients possible, if you catch my drift....
    yes to make it future proof and they do have a 1.5ghz samsung chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Csaba View Post
    yes to make it future proof and they do have a 1.5ghz samsung chip.
    I agree

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network
    It's been real...

Yeah, what ManBearPig said... no way it's 4430. According to the TI site, that is good up to 1ghz. 1.2 is > 1.0 so... gotta be the 4460 instead.

If not the Exynos, of course.

Pure craziness going on with this device! ! Craziness I tell you! !!

*customized tapatalk signature*

My conclusion:

Whichever device comes to Verizon, I am going to purchase.

Simple as that :-) Tey are both going to be awesome. I don't care which it is at this point, although I would obviously prefer it to be the latter (Exynos version)

ROM
    Stock

If bgr's specs are true I will be getting the vigor but if gsmarenas specs are real I will be getting that.

New update!

The Nexus Prime is fitted with The Flux Capacitor and is clocked at 1.21 jigawatts. First 25 pre-orders get a DeLorean! Have your phone ready people if ya want the time machine!!!!
    Thanked by 2:
    ChuckG73, s14tat and ejaymd11 like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Thumbs up Re: Engadget Spec Update - Exynos?

Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy77 View Post
    New update!

The Nexus Prime is fitted with The Flux Capacitor and is clocked at 1.21 jigawatts. First 25 pre-orders get a DeLorean! Have your phone ready people if ya want the time machine!!!!
    I'll definitely be buying the car mount accessory for it then. 88mph here I come!
    Thanked by 2:
    wyseguy77 likes this.

Both BMX and britishturbo are saying the BGR specs are bs.

https://plus.google.com/106493827472...ts/eXXc6W3s91f
    Last edited by slimjamm; 10-06-2011 at 08:24 PM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by slimjamm View Post
    Both BMX and britishturbo are saying the BGR specs are bs.
    But BGR is never wrong.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5.
    RMT2142 and slimjamm like this.

Britishturbo on G+, Oh I just know people and things. And I'm very good and putting things together.
    If I was to "guess" I would have to say Verizon will be getting Prime first... around the end of October unless there are problems...
    Prime will also appear on other carriers at a later date... But will it be called Prime? we'll see

I wouldn't expect anything on AT&T for a while though... They are just now getting the SGSII and take forever to get anything. Plus they suck :P

But no one is really going to know everything until next week...
    Just know the Prime will make you happy... The Software will make you even more happy.

Cheers.
    ChuckG73 likes this.

Sounds like it will be called "Samsung Galaxy Prime" on vzw. Not even using "Nexus" in the name, hmmm?

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

The Bionic is stupid fast with a 1ghz dualcore and 1gb of ram the prime will be freaking amazing with 1.5ghz dual.

I'm taking these specs as rumor, most tech sites just want to be the first to report SOMETHING. The only thing that would disappoint me is having to wait another month! I was disappointed when we didn't get the GSII, but I think it will be worth wait!

I think this spec looks more correct. Come on, same graphics as the first Galaxy S but with 720p screen? It just doesn't make any sense (I'm talking about the SGX540 in that TI)

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

This will be my next phone!!!

ROM
    Stock+

Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE announced in Korea with 316ppi | This is my next...

here it is. The nexus prime is basically the galaxy s2 hd lte (and we all thought the Evo 4g shift was a ridiculous name) with that curved glass design. now if the rumor of an "exlusive" (read: inferior) version for verizon is to be belived, the repackaged GS2HDLTE would be the one for other carriers. While I have no offical information confirming this, I feel very confident that the nexus prime's innards have already been released with a samsung body and soul over in korea.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Quote Originally Posted by goldkear View Post

here it is. The nexus prime is basically the galaxy s2 hd lte (and we all thought the Evo 4g shift was a ridiculous name) with that curved glass design. now if the rumor of an "exlusive" (read: inferior) version for verizon is to be belived, the repackaged GS2HDLTE would be the one for other carriers. While I have no offical information confirming this, I feel very confident that the nexus prime's innards have already been released with a samsung body and soul over in korea.
    Same except for the buttons and the software.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Quote Originally Posted by goldkear View Post

I'm not going to lie, but I'm a bit nervous that you may indeed be right. I really do wish for something new and big, exclusive to US and Verizon for now...but we may just be getting a rehashed version of something that has already released in another, overseas market.

I really do hope that is not that case....ICS, button less design...all these spec rumors would add up to an entirely different device compared to the Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE....maybe they will just be similar but the Prime offering improved specifications...?

one can only hope and wait till the 11th.

Soon.

Global Posts
    1,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I will buy this phone the second it pops up on Verizon's site....

Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy77 View Post
    New update!

Correct. Calendar widget is proof:

wyseguy77 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12