Postponed

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
The speculation is now officially out of hand!! I'm reading some of the craziest things. EVEN if they did move the event to London on the 27th (I know it's BS) how does that all of a sudden mean it's launching their first, won't have a US launch, or all of a sudden it's not coming to VZW??? Things are going to get even more bat poop crazy than before smh.

Indeed. Everyone needs to take a valium and calm down.

Relax.jpg

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
This whole situation could turn out to be very damaging to the Nexus Prime. After many months of increasing hype over Google's new flagship phone (note that Google didn't attempt to deter any hype), some specs are leaked a few days ago that are not very impressive. They are especially unimpressive when you consider this phone was to be a "flagship" phone.

Then everybody has their hopes set on an October 11 date to finally get some official answers (and hopefully news that the leaked specs were not accurate). Now that the date has been postponed, Samsung and Google may find that many people begin looking elsewhere for their next phone.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This whole situation could turn out to be very damaging to the Nexus Prime.

You cant be serious. Yea I am bummed by this development. I will get the Nexus whenever it does finally come out. I mean really, unless you are an Android geek, me included, did you even know about this announcement, do normal people even know what a Nexus is?

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This whole situation could turn out to be very damaging to the Nexus Prime. After many months of increasing hype over Google's new flagship phone (note that Google didn't attempt to deter any hype), some specs are leaked a few days ago that are not very impressive. They are especially unimpressive when you consider this phone was to be a "flagship" phone.

Then everybody has their hopes set on an October 11 date to finally get some official answers (and hopefully news that the leaked specs were not accurate). Now that the date has been postponed, Samsung and Google may find that many people begin looking elsewhere for their next phone.

Looking where exactly? The 4S? It was only a few days ago that people were saying that the disappointing specs of the 4S would push people to android.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
This probably makes me a bad person but the first two thoughts that came to mind when I heard Jobs passed was: Google/ Sam better not postpone this event and oh joy I can't wait to see all the stupid celebrities act like Jobs was their hero... ugh.... both coming true at this point..:'(

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I can see where someone looking at a stack of marketing posters that have the phrase "THE iPHONE KILLER" is thinking, maybe this is not a good time to release this phone or use that language. I must admit that almost every new Andriod phone in resent past has had a review or fan boy use that phrase.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Looking where exactly? The 4S? It was only a few days ago that people were saying that the disappointing specs of the 4S would push people to android.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I think the carriers said something about it. Maybe they want to at least try and sell some of the iPhones before the nexus comes out

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I understand the reason out of respect. BUT apple didnt push back the iphone 4s because of this, they still went on pre-sale today... apple is continuing their stuff, android should too.... imo

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand the reason out of respect. BUT apple didnt push back the iphone 4s because of this, they still went on pre-sale today... apple is continuing their stuff, android should too.... imo

They made the announcement before Jobs passed away. Why would the delay the phone's release?

eliporter

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I can see where someone looking at a stack of marketing posters that have the phrase "THE iPHONE KILLER" is thinking, maybe this is not a good time to release this phone or use that language. I must admit that almost every new Andriod phone in resent past has had a review or fan boy use that phrase.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. They probably had some marketing that was either making fun of jobs, Apple, or the iPhone and now the have to rethink their strategy.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They made the announcement before Jobs passed away. Why would the delay the phone's release?

Media coverage. In 4 days the media is still likely to speaking about Jobs' death, especially with the iphone launch a couple of days later. Very few people outside of these blogs know about the nexus or have an interest in it. Google and Samsung would like to get as much press as they can, so they delay the presentation but not the launch.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Media coverage. In 4 days the media is still likely to speaking about Jobs' death, especially with the iphone launch a couple of days later. Very few people outside of these blogs know about the nexus or have an interest in it. Google and Samsung would like to get as much press as they can, so they delay the presentation but not the launch.

Sigh... I'm talking about Apple, not Google/Samsung.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the carriers said something about it. Maybe they want to at least try and sell some of the iPhones before the nexus comes out

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Why would that matter? They want to sell phones period. They could care less which one as long as they both sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles