Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Results 201 to 209 of 209
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #201  
    sblantipodi's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Phone forums (US/EURO) would be bad place to measure how quickly people upgrade. Phone zealots don't wait. The overwhelming trend in the US is 20-24 for each phone.
    As I told you europe is full of phone enthusiast.
    Only kids, iphoners and non enthusiast people have the same phone for more than 12 months.

    In any case this argument isn't really an argument related to the post you quoted.
    iphoners may want to try a new device but they haven't got any new device to try actually if not 4S.
    a galaxy nexus could appease the boiling spirits of iphoners and make them waiting the nexus.

    simply my opinion, in any case your argument is really unrelated to what we were talking about.

    I'm a mobile software developer, I can tell you that my users upgrade their phone every "6-18" months at maximum.
    Their average is 12 months and we sell software all over the world specially in US and Europe.
    A customer who do not ask for a new license in 24 months is a lost customer for us since we know that we will not see him anymore.
  2. #202  

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    The overwhelming trend in the US is 20-24 for each phone.
    where are you getting these numbers? is this an opinion?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #203  

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    where are you getting these numbers? is this an opinion?
    Part opinion, part common sense, and part observation from selling cell phones back in the day. People who aren't tech-heads (most of the population) are tied into two year contracts that are eligible for phone upgrades every two years.

    Edited to add .
    Last edited by nemov; 10-10-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added fact.
    connormoore725 likes this.
  4. #204  
    BlackHawkA4's Avatar
    Drop the Bag

    Posts
    2,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Part opinion, part common sense, and part observation from selling cell phones back in the day. People who aren't tech-heads (most of the population) are tied into two year contracts that are eligible for phone upgrades every two years.

    Edited to add .
    Back in the day? How far back in the day? Before smartphones? Or when people only had BB's and it was pointless to upgrade any sooner? If I still owned a blackberry I'd still be on the Blackberry Tour 9630 with the trackball.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #205  

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Back in the day? How far back in the day? .
    2002-2004ish
  6. #206  
    ManBearPig618's Avatar

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Postponed

    Especially if you consider the typical two year track of any iPhone users that were in on the original. iPhone --> iPhone 3GS ---> iPhone 4S. I'm not surprised at why their preorders sold out as quickly as they did...this was an upgrade eligible device for a lot of apple fans....fans that weren't going to even consider the Nexus. Not to say I don't think there are some inbetweeners Google could have roped in with an earlier announcement, but they had no chance of stealing any core Apple users.
  7. #207  
    Lenerdosy's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    375 Global Posts

    Default Re: Postponed

    Any idea how long this is delayed for? My old BB is just so slow, laggy, and freezes too much and I need to decide if I should get this when it comes to Canada (contracts up March 1st) or go now and get the Iphone 4S or the SGS2. Was really hoping to hear a release date on this soon because my old phone is just brutal these days.
  8. #208  
    ManBearPig618's Avatar

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerdosy View Post
    Any idea how long this is delayed for? My old BB is just so slow, laggy, and freezes too much and I need to decide if I should get this when it comes to Canada (contracts up March 1st) or go now and get the Iphone 4S or the SGS2. Was really hoping to hear a release date on this soon because my old phone is just brutal these days.
    Nothing is delayed. Release is rumored to be November 3rd. The only thing that was "delayed" was Google/Samsung's announcement of the device. That will be sometime before the end of the month.
  9. #209  
    Lenerdosy's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    375 Global Posts

    Default Re: Postponed

    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig618 View Post
    Nothing is delayed. Release is rumored to be November 3rd. The only thing that was "delayed" was Google/Samsung's announcement of the device. That will be sometime before the end of the month.
    Yea meant announcement delayed cause I heard its coming at a later time to Canada/other USA carriers than Verizon and just hoping to hear a date of the phones release.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B