What's the selling point for the Prime?

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Assuming the recently leaked specs for Verizon's version of the Galaxy Nexus are accurate, what is going to be the top reasons why everybody here chooses to buy the Galaxy Nexus? Nobody will likely be buying it for specs. The specs list is very modest.

I think the top selling point for me, at this point, would be cosmetic. I really like the style of the Galaxy Nexus. I am still debating between the Nexus and the upcoming HTC Vigor, though.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I like to keep it Nexus because its Android as intended. Some skins enhance certain aspects but in the case of liking a certain feature, the mod and rom community and devs in general are very supportive of these devices.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Being pure Google, having a great camera, bigger battery, 720p display and the device looks fantastic. Granted the big battery doesn't mean it'll last long and it's unconfirmed about the camera, its still a solid choice for me.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Since when is a duel core 1.2Ghz processor and a 720p screen "very modest"?

You guys are either seriously hard to please or just down right unrealistic in your expectations.

Dual core 1.2 ghz is modest because it's old news. That's been around for a year now thanks to the Galaxy S II phone. The HTC Vigor is expected to be clocked at 1.5 ghz with a 720p screen and coming out around the same time as the Prime.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Dual core 1.2 ghz is modest because it's old news. That's been around for a year now thanks to the Galaxy S II phone. The HTC Vigor is expected to be clocked at 1.5 ghz with a 720p screen and coming out around the same time as the Prime.
no phone has been out with duel cores for a year let alone 1.2ghz. Show me any phone that is out right now in the US that has specs this high? None. Not sure how that makes this a modest phone.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Since when is a duel core 1.2Ghz processor and a 720p screen "very modest"?

You guys are either seriously hard to please or just down right unrealistic in your expectations.

Why is it unrealistic to expect the same specs as other high end phones?

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
For me: Software buttons and ICS, Super AMOLED 720p screen, higher quality camera (if the 5MP spec is right), NFC, Nexus status, OMAP 4460 (Even if it's underclocked at 1.2 ghz, I can overclock it to where it should be or higher), and I just can't wait anymore (4g coming out this year really fudged me up, as I refused to get a phone without 4g and dual core, and by the time that came out, 1ghz dual core was too slow).

The only thing giving me pause is the battery. The fudging Atrix is a 3g phone (HSPA+ doesn't count) and it had a 1930 mAh battery, but yet they're only giving the Prime 1750? And this while probably underclocking the processor for the sake of battery?

Last edited:

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
what phone in the US has higher specs? Zero. 1.2Ghz vs 1.5Ghz is not going to make a noticeable difference.

Noticeable difference isn't the point. The point is potential, even if it's not that much greater. Stop worshiping the material and tangible and enjoy the pleasures of the abstract.

mastawyrm

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I always make sure the phone I have can be fully rooted and I always have the most recent version of pure android. I like the newest sense but it seems to get in the way sometimes. Having a Nexus makes sure I can do this.

Honestly I think the biggest thing for me with this phone is that ICS is changing things by going with on screen buttons and I'd like to have a phone without the built in stuff as soon as I get ICS.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Noticeable difference isn't the point. The point is potential, even if it's not that much greater. Stop worshiping the material and tangible and enjoy the pleasures of the abstract.
well u can have fun paying for or waiting longer for extra for your abstract unrealistic potential that doesn't exist in the real world.

mastawyrm

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If it turns out to be the same processor, then they'll hit the same max when overclocking, same potential. Who cares what its stock clock is? They can clock it at 100Mhz for all I care as long as it's a good processor.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If it turns out to be the same processor, then they'll hit the same max when overclocking, same potential.

I know, which is why its clock speed doesn't matter much to me in this case. However, if it turns out to be the OMAP 4430 I'll be pissed and likely skip it.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
what phone in the US has higher specs? Zero. 1.2Ghz vs 1.5Ghz is not going to make a noticeable difference.

So if the .3 isn't that big of a difference why is 1.5 unrealistic? Also the TI4460 makes it very realistic.

Selling point for me is the pure google experience.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I've always wanted to own my own Nexus device. I'm a very big supporter of Google and Android and I really do believe in them and want to participate, support, and involve myself with whatever offerings they provide.

The (supposed) specifications are at LEAST current....I'm also coming from the OG Droid (I can't wait to move on from this device yeesh!) so anything at this point would be better. For me it will be like going from a Pinto to a Stealth Fighter.

The 720P Super AMOLED HD Screen...button-less design, Dual Core with the latest and greatest chip, finally I can enjoy the LTE experience...it's sleek, thin, no physical keyboard and I can finally try out the whole face to face calling with the front-facing camera. It's the stuff of sci-fi movies.

Not to mention that it will have ICS and will be the first to receive updates. It will be a pure Google experience. It's easily rootable and whatever ROMs and Kernels come out for it from the supporting community will probably only better this device from what it was at stock.

On a side note, I'm very interested to see how the battery life will pan out with LTE, a Dual Core CPU, and a 720P HD going on in the phone. I know that Super AMOLED is suppose to somewhat help battery life....ICS may handle battery life better as well, in fact it should. LTE is a bit scary, just look at the battery life on the Bionic with LTE on. I believe some people were getting like 6-8 hours with LTE on.

Everyone knows that battery life in phones needs major improvements. I'm hoping this new device has improved on just that.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So if the .3 isn't that big of a difference why is 1.5 unrealistic? Also the TI4460 makes it very realistic.

Selling point for me is the pure google experience.
everyone wants the 1.5 exynos that even isn't in production yet. That's the unrealistic part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12