What are you upgrading from for the Droid Prime?

sblantipodi

Banned
Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
At work I have many many phones, many good and bad phones,
in real life I use a good old Sony Ericsson Satio, I'm a romantic and I want to have a good camera
for important moments :cool:

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Those alerts were driving me crazy. I ended up installing CM7 and no longer receive them.
The RAM still continues to get low, but it can now run without the alerts.
I've been using the Fast Reboot app to quickly gain by my RAM.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to playing around with technology, but rooting just seems so overwhelming to me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Joruus2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
OG Droid.

It'll be a shock to go from 556 mHz processor, 256 MB of RAM, and 512 MB of onboard memory to a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM, and a screen the size of my Droid (in HD no less!). I'll be sad if the Prime doesn't have an SD card slot. It's come in handy on my Droid.

The Droid will get placed in airplane mode, then dropped on it's dock to become nothing more than my alarm clock.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt. I don't hate the phone, it's performance, or even Sense all that much, but I really miss unmolested Android since I retired my Droid. I got the Thunderbolt right before Verizon discontinued one-year contracts. I was going to get a Nexus S, but I wasn't blown away by it. If the rumored specs are true, a dual core, 720p LTE phone with AOSP is something I've waited for over a year now.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading from a Droid X. Originally was waiting for the Bionic, but then decided to wait for the Prime. The X will then be going to the mother-in-law, whom I gave my BB Tour to to get her into the unlimited plans before 7/7/11. She likes the DX and I promised it to her when I upgraded.

(Also note, this way I have three upgrades now since she and the Mrs got devices off contract, yay me)

trainplane3

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Bionic. Gonna give the Nexus a few days out of the gate to see what issues it has. If its a mostly smooth launch, the Bionic is being Craigslisted. I've had nothing but issues with this phone. I would have thought with all the time Moto had to fix problems, they wouldve. Can't wait to go Samsung!

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Storm 1. Literally the most frustrating product ownership experience of my life. Anyone who still uses one can get their upgrade knowing that they deserve it. Performance was so laggy and buggy that absolutely any phone would be considered an upgrade.

Donating this miserable device to a shelter would itself be an act of abuse. I can't decide what would bring me more pleasure- throwing it against a brick wall from a moving car or sell it on eBay for $70.

I was waiting for the Bionic, but it took so long to arrive that I thought I'd wait to see if the new iPhone would have LTE. By the time that came out it made no sense to pursue anything but the Prime.

I feel better now.

Reactions: Ferris.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just think battery life will suck if it's LTE. Part if me hopes its only 3G. I might just wait until Krait phones in Q3 to burn an upgrade.

By then I'd compare the best Krait phone to i5 to hopefully Sgs3 with Exynos 4212. Ah tech!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NexusPrimeTime

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Craptastic Verizon Palm Pre Plus. Nothing but problems since day one. Updated to 2.1 thanks to homebrew. It has tided me over but the end of Oct can't come fast enough. Can't wait to upgrade to a real phone and ditch this POS once and for all!

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Bionic. Gonna give the Nexus a few days out of the gate to see what issues it has. If its a mostly smooth launch, the Bionic is being Craigslisted. I've had nothing but issues with this phone. I would have thought with all the time Moto had to fix problems, they wouldve. Can't wait to go Samsung!

Would you care to elaborate about the problems with the Bionic? I planned on getting one as a backup plan to the Prime if it were to fall short of expectations for some reason.

essercb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
From my Thunderbolt... passing it on to my brother, who is using an Incredible... Though I'm not sure he'll appreciate the battery life... :p