Why should I get the Nexus Prime?

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Inspire, and I must say I'm not that Inspired anymore. I've heard a lot about the Nexus brands, and know that they don't have other manufactures built-in UI's. this makes the Android experience authentic, and perhaps better!

Enlighten me.

mside78

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
no one should be able to talk you into a phone, no one knows the exact specs at this point, search the forum then make up your own mind.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am really looking forward to seeing this phone but I am souring on Samsung. The Fascinate actually treated me pretty good and the Charge is decent but developer support is non-existent. Will a Nexus device be different?

Battery life is something I would love to have. Most of my iPhone friends can outlast me on battery life ;( I am using Juice Defender which helps but I feel like it I should not need it. The Bionic seems to be a good phone and somehow Motorola can develop a thin extended battery where no one else can? I compared the Bionic screen and my Charge today in the sun and the Bionic whooped it.

Is the Nexus going to have all of this and a working GPS?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am really looking forward to seeing this phone but I am souring on Samsung. The Fascinate actually treated me pretty good and the Charge is decent but developer support is non-existent. Will a Nexus device be different?

Battery life is something I would love to have. Most of my iPhone friends can outlast me on battery life ;( I am using Juice Defender which helps but I feel like it I should not need it. The Bionic seems to be a good phone and somehow Motorola can develop a thin extended battery where no one else can? I compared the Bionic screen and my Charge today in the sun and the Bionic whooped it.

Is the Nexus going to have all of this and a working GPS?

Here's another thing I should straighten to everyone. The Nexus phones are DEVELOPER phones so that means that it gets updates the quickest, regardless of manufacturer. Next time I hear someone ask if Samsung is gonna hold up the update on the Nexus (does a Dev. phone not mean anything to people!?), I swear...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Are you serious? Just about all of the developers will be supporting the Nexus.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It should be an awesome phone. Just go to a store after it comes out and play with it. If you like it and have the money, get it.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as there is a lot of speculation about the device and that I have never owned a developer phone as I am a Verizon customer, I was serious.

My track record with a Samsung phone on Verizon has said otherwise. I don't plan on making a move until it comes out and the reviews are in so to speak.

Appreciate you refraining from swearing though.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is the REAL answer. You are currently on AT&T since you have an Inspire "4G" and will hopefully switch to VzW (if you want it right away) thus giving you REAL 4G/LTE speeds and better coverage without dropped calls. Specs aside that's the biggest plus IMO.

Plus a Nexus device = updates when Google releases them not when HTC (or any other manufacturer) gets around to it.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Also this is a phone that will truly last a contract. You know how iphone 3gs are still being sold? It's like that. Having a nexus means this phone will still be relevant for 2 years. You will be getting ICS and the next 1-3 new OS updates. And get them immediately. And when those stop, the dev community will keep you going. This phone is the safest choice. I'll take a dual core stock phone with yearly updates over a quad core skinned phone still rocking ICS 2 years from now, any day. And if you switch to verizon, do i even have to mention there network coverage? lol most reliable network in America. Good luck with your decision.

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Also this is a phone that will truly last a contract. You know how iphone 3gs are still being sold? It's like that. Having a nexus means this phone will still be relevant for 2 years. You will be getting ICS and the next 1-3 new OS updates. And get them immediately. And when those stop, the dev community will keep you going. This phone is the safest choice. I'll take a dual core stock phone with yearly updates over a quad core skinned phone still rocking ICS 2 years from now, any day. And if you switch to verizon, do i even have to mention there network coverage? lol most reliable network in America. Good luck with your decision.

Thank you for your comment, and the information on how the Nexus operates from the developers stand point. And thank you all others who gave clear input on why the Nexus is the superior choice among the androids, and not the fanboy android is better non-sense.

I personally like iOS, but I like quality more than anything else in the gadget realm. And credit is to be given where credit is due. I have used an android device for over six months and there are some good and bad, as with iOS. But in order for me to truely judge the android experience, I would need to operate vanilla, or stock android to know what the truth. Because honestly I don't like the manufactures UI's, and if they define the android experience then I don't like android. But! I know they don't. So I want to find out for myself.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
How do you it, I have really given it some thought. It worth the try, does it operate better?

The simple answer to that is: root, install recovery, create a backup, and download/install the latest build. In most cases your phone will run much better. But you should first read-up on rooting/modding your phone.

And you definitely should check out the nexus if interested for the reasons others have already mentioned. Although you'll probably miss your unlimited data plan if you currently have one.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
How do you it, I have really given it some thought. It worth the try, does it operate better?

Better is a matter of preference. A lot of people think Sense operates better than stock, some think MotoBlur does. Most don't know what the difference is but they've got strong opinions on the subject anyway ;)

I happen to like CM7 in that it will be the same on my Droid X as it will be on the Nexus or any other phone I get.

I'm sure you can find info on the AC forums for your phone, but here's the CM7-sponsored instructions:
CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Ace :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011) - CyanogenMod Forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12