LOL..this looks like like the Bionic forum did

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
this is funny.... this forum now looks EXACTLY like the Bionic forum did prior to launch...same questions even....

I have a bionic but plan on getting the prome for my wife....thats why I am here, but gotta tell you...this is too funny

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Let's hope it doesn't continue to look like the Bionic forum AFTER the release, where lots of "major bugs" were very quickly reported.

That and the Costco thread where no one could find the darn phone...

Katherine

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
every phone and tablet has bug releases, heck even my blackberry storm when it was released people was calling it a beta phone and not ready for release.

I am very happy with the bionic and enjoying my 29 mps downloads and now on my xoom also.

but there will be lots of expectations crushed, lots of bug reports, the fan boys will come to the phone's rescue...like like in the blackberry forum, the X forum and the bionic forum :)

Let's hope it doesn't continue to look like the Bionic forum AFTER the release, where lots of "major bugs" were very quickly reported.

That and the Costco thread where no one could find the darn phone...

Katherine

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
every phone and tablet has bug releases, heck even my blackberry storm when it was released people was calling it a beta phone and not ready ...

Lol please don't go there. I can't believe you brought up the Storm.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I still call my Storm a beta phone amongst a bunch of other things that would get me banned if I typed them here. I don't care what issues the Nexus might have, I'm buying it immediately and I will be happier than I ever was with the Storm. Blackberry completely dropped the ball with the Storm line and really screwed customers over. I just love that I try to download certain apps that work for all OS types, but the exception for Blackberry is the Storm phones.

End of rant.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Isn't any forum about a desired device going to have much the same questions in it?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yes, there is going to be a similar set of questions in nearly every pre-release device forum, depending on how much is already "known". That includes the Prime and the Bionic, along with a long list of phones. I remember pre-release atrix forums where similiar. "Will there be a notification light?" "Will it have X feature?" "Will Y work?" "How much internal storage?" etc.

Most threads in a prerelease device forum are either questions based on rumors, or threads that do nothing at all, such as this one. Everyone's just impatiently waiting for the phone and jumping on every marginally juicy rumor till then :p

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
lets see if any hearts are broken like the bionic forum had...I wantto get the prime for my wife, but I have a bad taste in my mouth after getting the galaxy tablet...I gave that junk away to my mom...I am gonna have to play with it first before I get another samsung device..if not the prime then the droid razor I think

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am still rocking a Storm 1. Something happened to the screen cradle last weekend though forcing me to press really hard on the screen just to get the phone to receive inputs. Hence why I am going all in on this phone. Was going to get a Bionic but decided to wait for the Prime/Galaxy Nexus.

Can't wait to get rid of this phone.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
But usually nexus phones are much faster and have less bugs than phones with manufacturer ui.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Gherkin Savorus

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I still call my Storm a beta phone amongst a bunch of other things that would get me banned if I typed them here. I don't care what issues the Nexus might have, I'm buying it immediately and I will be happier than I ever was with the Storm. Blackberry completely dropped the ball with the Storm line and really screwed customers over. I just love that I try to download certain apps that work for all OS types, but the exception for Blackberry is the Storm phones.

End of rant.

I'm in a similar situation. Currently using a Storm2 (which never quite got out of beta), but got sick of being effectively "end-of-lifed" on most of the interesting applications. Plus it never really seems to have gotten out of beta, either. I like my phone, but it is aging very poorly compared to current offerings.

My upgrade was due in July, so I monitored the Bionic forums/release with great interest, and now am doing the same with the Prime/Droid Prime/Galaxy Nexus, whatever they are calling it today (that and the Droid HD/RAZR/Spyder). Yes, the similarities are rather amusing. "This will be the greatest phone ever" giving way to "love it", "hate it", "oh noes, it has bugs", and "battery life sucks" threads. It will be interesting to see what people are saying after it actually hits the market. I highly suspect it will be more of the same, although perhaps Samsung will hit a genuine home run with this one.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I jumped on the Bionic day one, day two I was out of juice by 1:30. I had read the leaked remarks about "awesome battery life" and was WTF. I think the number of views and size of the Bionic battery tips thread speak volumes. I hope this phone does better but yes, deja vu all over again.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
But usually nexus phones are much faster and have less bugs than phones with manufacturer ui.

This is debatable, speaking from my Xoom experience its not the case at all. While I get updates from Google there have been a few bugs. Xoom owners outside the USA get their updates from Motorola who take more time fixing bugs. Manufacturer UI is another line of defense against bugs. But then again the UI could introduce bugs....

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
This is debatable, speaking from my Xoom experience its not the case at all. While I get updates from Google there have been a few bugs. Xoom owners outside the USA get their updates from Motorola who take more time fixing bugs. Manufacturer UI is another line of defense against bugs. But then again the UI could introduce bugs....

Very true. But I'm talking about nexus phones meaning a nexus s or nexus one. Honeycomb itself was beta. Google rushed it. Their phone os seem to be a little more polished than their tablet os. I remember seeing a video where a nexus s was faster than an evo 3d.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Every phone's forum is full of the same unanswerable questions before release and the same bug complaints afterwards. The happy users say little to nothing about the phone and the few that have troubles raise hell about it. There's not a new phone out that doesn't have it's forum pages filled with problems, but that's what these forums are for.

As an example, I've got a Bionic that runs all day in 4g territory and has 30% to 50% battery power left at midnight when I plug it in, takes great pictures with the camera, has an amazing screen, and has never rebooted itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1