Could this be the Nexus FCC filing

solido888

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it normal for phones destined for other countries to go through the FCC? Seems weird to me that they would go through an American agency.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it normal for phones destined for other countries to go through the FCC? Seems weird to me that they would go through an American agency.

Most of the time it means it's hitting US soil. Though I believe that when they sell a phone unlocked, for people in the US to be able to purchase, it needs to go through the FCC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course, awhile back Pocketnow had leaks of device -- one being a Galaxy Note on AT&T. So this is what we're probably looking at.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Let me ask you guys something. When did the iPhone 4S go through the fcc? Yet is out in stores.

FCC filings are not always announced or publicly shown. I wouldn't worry about it.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Many phones clear FCC on announcement day and not before. In some cases a phone will clear FCC after the announcement and before the official launch.

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Many phones clear FCC on announcement day and not before. In some cases a phone will clear FCC after the announcement and before the official launch.

Exactly....if you look at the filing I posted, there is a filing date and an announcement date. The announcement date can be requested by the filer so as not to reveal details. Additionally, parts of the filing may remain confidential for a certain period of time, or forever. For instance, schematics and block electronic diagrams won't ever be published on the FCC site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc