Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What accessories do you want on release day?

I would like to see a windshield mount and a car charger. Hopefully it will be micro USB but Samsung has a history of using proprietary ports on their devices.

An anti-glare screen protector and a silicone case would be good as well.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I would like to see a windshield mount and a car charger. Hopefully it will be micro USB but Samsung has a history of using proprietary ports on their devices.

I want it to work. Don't care if its proprietary as long as it is 100% functional on day 1... unlike the accessories that weren't fully utilizable on the galaxy s devices.

Default Re: What accessories do you want on release day?

I'd also like to have a car dock/charger specialized for it. Although I could always make do with my current generic one.

Maybe also a desktop dock cradle.

Id like an extra battery and a holster. I bike to and from work and like the holster to know if I get a notification via vibrate and to have easy access to the phone as I listen to music with headphones when biking.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

All that I really like to get is a charging dock for my nightstand and maybe a leather sleeve.

ROM
    Stock

Car dock, desk dock, spare battery w/charging dock (like they have for the SGSII)
    ChuckG73 and Stang68 like this.

ROM
    stock

no accessories at all if possible. Just the clean 'n awesome phone.
    Thanked by:
    kath00 

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Some type of case just to protect it initially until some better ones come out. Something to protect the screen as well.

Eventually I will get a dock, but not sure if that is a day 1 buy for me.

Car charger is likely and wouldn't kind getting a windshield cradle since I plan on making use of GPS features.
    DolfanCole likes this.

On a related note, since the Nexus appears to have magnetic charging points rather than a female power port, do you think we may finally see a charging dock that allows recharging without taking your case off the phone first?
    It's been real...

+1 for car dock. I use GPS semi-frequently.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by SlowieFSU View Post
    Some type of case just to protect it initially until some better ones come out. Something to protect the screen as well.

Eventually I will get a dock, but not sure if that is a day 1 buy for me.

Car charger is likely and wouldn't kind getting a windshield cradle since I plan on making use of GPS features.
    Exactly what I plan to do.

Do not like car mounts with long extensions. Had a vent mount that worked on one car but not its replacement. Found that mounts on the CD player. Works great and barely hides the clock. Highly recommend.
    Thanked by:
    defdc 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Car mount, desk dock, and an extra battery I will wait for a Seidio case and better screen protector.
    qnet likes this.

At least a car mount/dock as that's what I got with my Thunderbolt on launch day. I don't really use it anymore, but eh, it's nice to have when traveling to places you've never been.
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mrmurdstone View Post
    On a related note, since the Nexus appears to have magnetic charging points rather than a female power port, do you think we may finally see a charging dock that allows recharging without taking your case off the phone first?
    Oh, god, I hope so. My biggest gripe with my OG Droid. Brought a desktop dock, holster case, and car dock. Snapping off that holster case EVERY TIME...

But I doubt it. The phone in the holster case probably won't fit into the car/home deck.

I won't get any accessories day one, but I'd like to get a car dock at some point for my GPS-based needs. I suppose a desk/bedside dock would be nice, if it isn't too crazy expensive.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 and 4.2

All I want is a snap-in holster for it. I don't like putting phones in my pocket, so as long as I can get a holster I'll be happy.
    "My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last forever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian

Quote Originally Posted by Salacon View Post
    All I want is a snap-in holster for it. I don't like putting phones in my pocket, so as long as I can get a holster I'll be happy.
    Yeah a holster like I have for my Thunderbolt and like my wife has for her Revolution would be perfect. The phone faces in toward the holster and I still put the phone in my pocket, but I clip it to the outside of my pocket so I don't have to reach so far down to grab my phone.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I want an extended battery (just in case), a hard silicone case, this phone is too sexy to ruin with a bulky otterbox or seidio, a invisishield, and window mount.
    Last edited by TitansJonne; 10-18-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I work in a rough environment so I need a hefty holster like an Otterbox or Seidio. Personally I've been happier with my Seidio case for my DroidX. What else? An extended battery for sure. Car dock depending on its design.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Desk dock/multimedia station.

Charging dock for my nightstand please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stein357 View Post
    Charging dock for my nightstand please!!
    This.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post

As far as it was covered so far, weren't we looking at contact charging(for docks) on the GN/NP? Maybe I just made that up but it would require new docks all the way around. I want to see a Samsung laptop dock, but since it doesn't exist I know I'm just picking up a few HD Docks and calling it a day.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Extended battery, and hopefully a good case that fits the extended, and even more longshot: a dock that fits both the ext battery and the case.....

I'm probably the only person in the world who hates how thin/light phones have gotten, I always feel like I'm going to break the newer models in half just holding them...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast