Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I am very, very wise. I am much wiser than most and I will say that the Galaxy Nexus will be released. I am positive!

Come on people! LOL

(You may also notice that I am a wise guy.)

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I am saying November 10 release. I will so happy if verizon releases next Thursday

Don't get your hopes up, I don't see that happening at all. It does not go with anything we've seen or the Razr launch. You most likely will be able to pre order it on that date though. Anything more then that is just wishful thinking.

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope for a late November release. If it is November 10th they will sell out before I can return to the US to get one :(
Please don't wish for the rest of us to get screwed because you'll be elsewhere. If the release is on the 10th and you'll be back late in the month, they'll probably have more in stock by then. On top of that, there is very little chance this phone will be universally sold out. That's the beauty of Android phones; there are a wide array of them, and the general public doesn't know what to look for. That means people will be buying up the Razr, in addition to the GN, and so there will be plenty of each to go around.

For the record, though, the 10th seems unlikely, given that the 11th is official for the Razr. Everybody gets screwed! It's a party!

Last edited:

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
A sad sad Party. Oh well. What's two weeks?

2 weeks is 14days
336 hours
20,160 minutes
1,209,600 seconds

and 14-336 lifetimes for a Mayflie

It is also an eternity for those of us who have been waiting for a phone for a while. I planned on getting a spring release bionic. When it was delayed till "summer" I figured I'd get the "summer release" GS2-LTE Then delays, and cancellations... And now hear I sit waiting on the Nexus.... close enough I can almost touch it.... I can already picture my phone, sitting in it's little box in some dusty VZW warehouse, just waiting to film me taking a sledgehammer to this BB storm.

"A watched pot never boils" is the parable that best fits here..... Along with what my old track coach used to say (about running a mile) "the last 100m are longer than the first 1500 combined".

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to check in..

see that Phil posted a shot showing Costco will be selling it at 289.00...so with them in place Radio Shack and Best Buy should have the device in their systems as well,

now if we can only get VZW to share the date..

Maybe the fact that all the media coverage of their recent announced devices mentions that customers may want to wait for the nexus would help that out.. but nope.

All this hype for a devices that are running Gingerbread and are basically evo's and droid x updates when you can be the first to have a GS2 HD level running ICS device and you sit on it?

and they wonder why people call you clueless....lol

Maybe we should have called it the Droid Nexus..:-$

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The 17th is making more and more sense to me. And i hope so. It's a week before black friday. And since we at best buy will now open at midnight, i at least want my phone to mess with for 10hours while i watch all you crazy people push and shove to save a few bucks lol.

msjohnson2868

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to check in..

see that Phil posted a shot showing Costco will be selling it at 289.00...so with them in place Radio Shack and Best Buy should have the device in their systems as well,

Is it typical for the other retailers to have the device in stock on launch day, or sometime shortly afterwards? Just curious...this will be the first device I've wanted bad enough to get it at the moment it launches!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My local Verizon store said it should be 32gb and in stock on the 17th. She said it was 299 and thanks to my corperate discount its 249 :)

Take it for a grain of salt though.. I don't know if she "knew" or really knew... but falls in line with that training material above... ill be in line on that morning :)

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
But but the Rezound is "Ice Cream Sandwich Ready"! :mad:

Lol and it only took months for the Thunderbolt to get Gingerbread.. my wife's incredible is still on froyo which is just sad... last HTC device I buy for a very long time.

And remember it will be "sense" ICS, a far cry from stock

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My local Verizon store said it should be 32gb and in stock on the 17th. She said it was 299 and thanks to my corperate discount its 249 :)

Take it for a grain of salt though.. I don't know if she "knew" or really knew... but falls in line with that training material above... ill be in line on that morning :)

I'm hoping so. I was expecting to get it for $249 because of my corporate discount also. I was able to get my Thunderbolt with 2 accessories for $249 instead of $299.