Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
All,

Based on some of the things I have been reading on the net and the uncertain nature involving what I considered a stunning achievement from the Android team in 4.0 and the Galaxy Nexus I wanted to take some time to share my thoughts.

Its a shame that the past issues with Vzw have got their customers so accustomed to getting shafted on quality devices that any rumor or hint of a delay causes most to believe they will be let down again. You have to remember that some have been using the device on Verizon's LTE network for quite a while in one shape or another.

Issues arise as devices get closer to final software release concerning optimizing data services and software in final shake down. Things happen during this and at this point, there is nothing deal breaking that I am aware of concerning data connectivity on the device. Putting a new Os, LTE and Dual core with this amazing screen tech in a package this sexy means a lot has to be put into final polishing so the day 1 experience is great out the box. I caution those that are worried to calm down and accept that early Nov means you will know soon enough if your fears are valid.

Let us all as Android fans ( and yes I am still a fan) simply enjoy the fact that OUR os has grown into the biggest mobile OS on the planet and that is because of fans that are rabid about their devices and features.

This will be a massive launch for Verizon and if they screw this up then the faith alot of customers have in the company will be lost and another carrier will step up and truly become the dominate player in the US Android market...

Great network be damned, if you cant get the device you want on it...

Panda..

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope that Google and Samsung say F you to the big Red, and go to where it should, Sprint and T-Mobile first.

Actually they should just release it on all four U.S. carriers at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone. I hate this exclusivity crap from carriers.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your input Panda. You're right it is very sad the biggest wireless carrier in the USA has forced us to think like this. I know I speak for a lot more people then just myself when I say that I've got my heart set on this device. This is Verizons time to finally make it all up to us and show they've been listening to the Android community. I'm very relieved to hear that everything is still good to go. This is such a huge release for us. Once again thank you for putting the rumors in check and being one of the only reliable sources for this device. I can't wait for the day it gets released and we can all look back at this and laugh.

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Lets hope that Google and Samsung say F you to the big Red, and go to where it should, Sprint and T-Mobile first.

Actually they should just release it on all four U.S. carriers at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone. I hate this exclusivity crap from carriers.

Actually we should just say F you for suggesting something like that.. This will be our first Nexus device, come hell or high water, I'm pretty sure we deserve it.

I want everyone to have this and I want people to finally see what Android is supposed to be, no BS, nothing on top of it and no other excess. This should be the phone for the people.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the insight. I'm on vzw now but was gonna go to tmo once the nexus dropped. Then i hear its vzw exclusive for now. Now this. IM SO CONFUSED!!!

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hasnt Android grown to the point where Verizon cant treat them like this anymore? Whats to stop google from saying #youredone and watching Verizon die with no android devices? Remember, the OG droid needed verizon as a starting platform.

Who needs who this time? As if verizon makes a dent in global nexus sales.....

Really appreciate the info Panda. Im a poor college student who needs to spend his hard earned dollars on a phone for his job, and info like this makes my wallet hurt. I want that 300 or so to be worth it.

Appreciate it all Panda. I owe you a beer my friend

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Come on Google. The more appealing thing about the iphone is that it has no traces of the carrier anywhere... You can do it. Don't students. This whole 'Droid Galaxy Nexus' crap I've been hearing about is just that... Don't let a carrier water down your experience. Duarte, you said that you wanted people to love Android itself. That starts by keeping bloatware from carriers off. Pull an Apple and stand firm. If I credit anything to Apple (besides shaping the UI for the second generation of smartphones) its that they were able to seize a buttload of power from the carriers.

sorry about grammar errors, if they exist... Wrote this on a touchpad...

Jersey Tom

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If it's coming to Verizon (which it clearly is), then I don't see what the fuss is about. Maybe it comes out Nov 3, maybe Nov 10, maybe Nov 17. Makes no PRACTICAL difference to me, even if I do want to get my hands on it.

Developing any product takes time. Sometimes you get stuff done ahead of schedule, sometimes there's extra polish you want to put on. It will be done when it's done, and that's when I'll get it. I don't see what else there is to fuss over. If it goes to VZW, or Sprint, or T-Mobile first... so what?!

In any event, I'm on Verizon... grandfathered in the unlimited data plan... get a monthly discount through work, and I'm sitting on an upgrade which I plan on "cashing in" before the holidays. Until then I have a DX which is just fine in itself. I'm all for the latest and greatest stuff if it's within reach, but if it isn't then life goes on. Not going to jump from one phone to another to another, switch carriers, yatta yatta based on if one handset is available or not, or when.

Rand0m

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for another great post. Really appreciate all the information you have provided to the Android community while also dealing with the fanatics.

I think these two quotes sum up my feelings on this situation:

Its a shame that the past issues with Vzw have got their customers so accustomed to getting shafted on quality devices that any rumor or hint of a delay causes most to believe they will be let down again.

Great network be damned, if you cant get the device you want on it...

I shouldn't have to care if VZW is getting this phone or not, especially since my contract is up.

This is exactly what is wrong with the American wireless system. These exclusive deals are only hurting customers while allowing these companies to rake in millions. It truly boggles my mind that I can't simply choose a network to use my phone on like any other product that I buy. I don't buy Comcast desktops or DirectTV TVs that can only be used on their networks.

I hate I have to choose between network quality and phone quality. I either pay out the ass for a bad phone on a good network or I pay out the ass for a great phone on a terrible network. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Sorry for the rant...

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

The first iphone, iphone 3g, iphone 3gs, and iphone 4 was NOT released on all carriers at one time so what are you talking about? Or did you mean like apple did recently with ONE of their iphones?

Reactions: AZDROIDX

FedexMike

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm really excited about this phone. And it's not about the specs, because the Droid RAZR beats it specs wise. First time in a while I don't care if something better comes out 15 days after I buy this one. If it doesn't come to Verizon I will be disappointed, but there will be other ICS phones coming out soon after this one. But I really want a stock device on Verizon. If BMX says it's coming then I believe him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze