Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Quote Originally Posted by weave majjik View Post
    I'm of the mindset that there will just be no major hoopla over the phone being on Verizon because if it is indeed a pure Google experience, VZW would rather push other phones, where it makes money off selling bloatware and forced verizon apps. With the Prime, there is no extra side revenue implicitly available to them, so there is no incentive to hype the phone, outside of appeasing us, the rabid fanbase. They will sell it, but there will be no tickertape parade announcing its arrival, because it just isn't a cash cow for them. I think this same logic applies to P3droid asking on twitter if we would pay full retail for the phone, because bloatware and vcast help subsidize verizon phones. Irregardless, I'll be anxiously awaiting this phones arrival.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    There are other selling points to this phone that overshadow the bloat etc. First 720p device, nfc capabilities, another 4g LTE device, strong specs. Don't get me wrong, vzw loves their bloat, but they aren't oblivious to 'cutting edge'. And in reality, how much money do they make off the bloat?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just hope costco gets them in... Kind of wondering what's going on with the whole pulling of bionics due to 'unsellability'

Quote Originally Posted by 916ninja View Post
    There are other selling points to this phone that overshadow the bloat etc. First 720p device, nfc capabilities, another 4g LTE device, strong specs. Don't get me wrong, vzw loves their bloat, but they aren't oblivious to 'cutting edge'. And in reality, how much money do they make off the bloat?

I'm sure they make plenty off the added software. And I know the phone sells itself, but the lack of additional revenue surely sticks in their craw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Default Re: Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

That genuinely eases my concerns. Thanks Panda!

Sprint and Tmobile don't make me laugh!!!!!!!we all know that those carriers are for people with no credit!!!
    Thanked by:
    lilnate and ejaymd11 like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by ellobo163@gmail.com View Post
    Sprint and Tmobile don't make me laugh!!!!!!!we all know that those carriers are for people with no credit!!!
    Sprint and Tmobile are quite good and just because they are considered value carriers doesn't mean they don't have better plans and more compelling devices then the big two of verizon and att...

making blanket statements about people because of their cellular carrier isnt a an intelligent statement.. I hope you were joking..
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x
    Thanked by 3:
    kvlt, danman7 and Scottish like this.

This is getting ridiculous. How much proof do we need? Everything points to Verizon getting the freaking phone. Give it a couple of days. I’m sure Samsung will announce the release date. IMO Verizon might not say crap because of the RAZR. But this is getting stupid. How can something with no release date get delayed? Hmm….. I want this phone just as bad as most of you but some need to relax. Woosah. All is well.

Slightly off topic but do you know anything about the bionics disappearances from stores BMX? I was staying with the Bionic instead of costco swapping but if there is an issue I want to swap for the nexus. Just trying to get an idea.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by 916ninja View Post
    Slightly off topic but do you know anything about the bionics disappearances from stores BMX? I was staying with the Bionic instead of costco swapping but if there is an issue I want to swap for the nexus. Just trying to get an idea.

heard about it but thought it was a rumor since i was traveling.. I would say they understand that it was bad idea to sell the device since the razr is the true flagship..

ROM
    Stock

I just want to say thanks to BMX and P3 for their insight throughout this thread. Truer words could not be spoken. We all know VZW will carry the device. Panda speaks the truth and helps us all out with leaks and info when he can divulge it. The same goes for P3. Both of these guys help out the community in enormous ways and I think some of us can forget that from time to time. Everything that either one of them has stated in this thread I agree with. And remember guys, it is still just a phone. As much as I love Android there are more important things in life than phones. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to own my very first Nexus device, and use it on Big Red. It will be here before too long, and by the sound of it, as bug free as possible, which is how we all want it anyway. Let them take the time to iron out the bugs and give us a better user experience. I know I will appreciate that much more than rushing it to the stores to start selling it before it actually functions properly. I have made that mistake before, hence why I no longer use a Thunderbolt. Just my thoughts. Hopefully I won't get razzed too much for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Yep T-Mobile is the "Nexus" carrier, they were the first ones to bring out the now classic Nexus-One, and had the Nexus-S first for 6 months.

If T-Mobile doesn't get the Galaxy-Nexus soon, it would be like ATT all of a sudden not getting the newest iPhone on release.
    Please leave this forum if you're going to keep making off topic posts. We get it, you like T-Mobile.
    Last edited by nemov; 10-31-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Yeah... Moto-2, me-. 5 lol
    Good thing I still like both my xoom and Bionic, but I will be damned if I got a moto product without something not happening timely (xoom 4g upgrade) or happening far too Damn quick (razr> bionic) Lmao.

All due respect to P3Droid but please understand the power of the Internet/rumor that you carry. I'm not damning P3Droid but....When P3Droid post that he has the specs of the Nexus in June with a November release and then says that bloggers are just following what he said. Then says....well now....I know why VZW didn't say anything. Then we wonder why there is a rumble. Seriously? Either you know something or you've heard something. MAKE A DISTINCTION! If you are going to brag one minute and speak in enigmas the next minute you are going to have to forgive the riots.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Panda, know this and tell your Google colleagues....for every day past November 3rd that the Galaxy Nexus is not released on VZW, I will destroy an innocent Nexus S. Be warned.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by f150fan View Post
    I just want to say thanks to BMX and P3 for their insight throughout this thread. Truer words could not be spoken. We all know VZW will carry the device. Panda speaks the truth and helps us all out with leaks and info when he can divulge it. The same goes for P3. Both of these guys help out the community in enormous ways and I think some of us can forget that from time to time. Everything that either one of them has stated in this thread I agree with. And remember guys, it is still just a phone. As much as I love Android there are more important things in life than phones. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to own my very first Nexus device, and use it on Big Red. It will be here before too long, and by the sound of it, as bug free as possible, which is how we all want it anyway. Let them take the time to iron out the bugs and give us a better user experience. I know I will appreciate that much more than rushing it to the stores to start selling it before it actually functions properly. I have made that mistake before, hence why I no longer use a Thunderbolt. Just my thoughts. Hopefully I won't get razzed too much for this.
    I wont speak for P3 but I appreciate that.. I dont do it for the fame but a thank you means a lot.

Thanked by:

As someone who was (publicly) concerned, let me just thank you. This makes plenty of sense, and I apologize for underestimating Verizon's commitment.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    As someone who was (publicly) concerned, let me just thank you. This makes plenty of sense, and I apologize for underestimating Verizon's commitment.
    OOO nooo... don't EVER start giving the carriers credit for doing something right.. having been apart of their world at a high level trust me when i say... never give them credit because they dont deserve it.. keep them honest by talking with your purchases and your word of mouth..

just because they do something right this time.. doesnt mean they arent planning a sneak attack the next.. lol

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    OOO nooo... don't EVER start giving the carriers credit for doing something right.. having been apart of their world at a high level trust me when i say... never give them credit because they dont deserve it.. keep them honest by talking with your purchases and your word of mouth..

just because they do something right this time.. doesnt mean they arent planning a sneak attack the next.. lol
    LOL I couldn't have said it any better myself. I will say though I finally do feel like Verizon has listened to us by giving us the Galaxy Nexus. But I will NEVER EVER give them credit, I feel llike we are OWED this device since all we got is crappy devices all year! (not really owed but it's the least they could do for us)!!!!!
    Device : Galaxy Nexus
    Build : 4.0.3 IML74K
    Kernel: 3.0.8-g490ff3

thanks for posting this! looking forward to the nexus, when it shows up, but hey, i'd rather it be right than a week or two rushed out!

Quote Originally Posted by borgey401 View Post
    LOL I couldn't have said it any better myself. I will say though I finally do feel like Verizon has listened to us by giving us the Galaxy Nexus. But I will NEVER EVER give them credit, I feel llike we are OWED this device since all we got is crappy devices all year! (not really owed but it's the least they could do for us)!!!!!
    I feel they owe it to me for all of the Thunderbolt mistakes. I swear I will never get another HTC phone because of them and the constant reboots for 6 weeks almost made me leave Verizon. It seriously took them that long to fix that stupid update.
    azdmelani likes this.

For me this isn't about the phone. Its about businesses continually limiting my choices. What happened to fighting for my "ol mighty dollar"? So tired of people bending over and taking what companies want to give. And instead of demanding more, we turn around, smile, and ask for more. I want the standards raised. I will be one that takes my three lines and go to who will support what I want (Android)

If part of your "scoop" includes the words "details are sketchy" then maybe that's a sign you shouldn't be posting it.

What essentially happened tonight:

1) Post on your blog/forum/whatever something intended to create a #@$%storm
    2) complain when #@$%storm actually happens
    3) ???
    4) Profit!

It's about having journalistic integrity and being responsible for what you write. You can't write some sketchy rumor and then complain that the device is too hyped - don't you understand that what YOU WROTE contributes to the hype?

Thankfully we have our panda trying to calm things down. But he shouldn't have to. It comes down to having good sense and making sure you have something concrete beyond "sketchy details" before posting something that you KNOW will cause the community to get into a tizzy.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Based on the responses to this thread, it seems like you are some sort of important person in the Android world, so forgive me if I offend, but are are you serious? I too would like a true nexus device on verizon (my carrier of choice), but if you think that "a lot of customers" are going to loose faith in verizon or switch carriers based on whether or not they get a nexus device, you're nuts. You want one, I want one, developers want one, and another four or five hundred people want one, but that's about it. 99% of the android population couldn't care less about a vanilla experience. I would even go so far as to say that most all of them even prefer having all the crappy verizon bloat.
    Are you nuts? Did you not see the ICS debut? What Android has done with ICS makes it much more than just a vanilla experience. You really think after people see what Android has become with ICS only 400-500 people want this phone?
    ottscay likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Lets hope that Google and Samsung say F you to the big Red, and go to where it should, Sprint and T-Mobile first.

Actually they should just release it on all four U.S. carriers at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone. I hate this exclusivity crap from carriers.
    what? Like Apple does? It hit 4 US carriers for the first time a couple of days ago!!! It's been out for 4 years and didn't hit its 2nd US carrier (VZW) until this year! Nice example.

edit* meant to type year instead of month!
    Last edited by edizzle; 10-20-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    ejaymd11 likes this.

I heard from my super secret ninja friends and my crystal ball that it'll hit verizon when it does
    danman7 and ejaymd11 like this.
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast