Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you announce a phone it should be pretty much set to go...so I'm not buying into it being rushed....if its not ready than don't announce the damn thing....to add to it people have been waiting a long time for big red to get this and that is why people are crazy for this phone

When did they say ever "Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon?" Oh they haven't. They simply stated LTE capable version and US carriers. They never said VzW or when it would hit for VzW.

I'm worried because of the fact they didn't have an LTE version at the show yesterday. That's simply the only thing making me curious but w/e it will come to VzW I'm sure.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the mindset that there will just be no major hoopla over the phone being on Verizon because if it is indeed a pure Google experience, VZW would rather push other phones, where it makes money off selling bloatware and forced verizon apps. With the Prime, there is no extra side revenue implicitly available to them, so there is no incentive to hype the phone, outside of appeasing us, the rabid fanbase. They will sell it, but there will be no tickertape parade announcing its arrival, because it just isn't a cash cow for them. I think this same logic applies to P3droid asking on twitter if we would pay full retail for the phone, because bloatware and vcast help subsidize verizon phones. Irregardless, I'll be anxiously awaiting this phones arrival.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When did they say ever "Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon?" Oh they haven't. They simply stated LTE capable version and US carriers. They never said VzW or when it would hit for VzW.

I'm worried because of the fact they didn't have an LTE version at the show yesterday. That's simply the only thing making me curious but w/e it will come to VzW I'm sure.

There were LTE versions there.. But what could they run on? the US LTE hardware doesnt work in Hong Kong, no signal the entire time....

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There were LTE versions there.. But what could they run on? the US LTE hardware doesnt work in Hong Kong, no signal the entire time....

Why did no one take pictures of them? Not calling you wrong just haven't seen a photo of an LTE version other than the screenshot from their demo video.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
A certain, reasonable delay, coupled with some strategically placed leaks, creates pent up demand. More than that and it turns into frustration for customers (a la Bionic-esque 9 month delay followed by bug-ridden letdowns).

Plus it's the holiday season. It's big bucks to miss the main shopping time of the year during this otherwise lousy economy.

Katherine

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I would say let Verizon wait . And T-Mobile bring it on!!!

Yep T-Mobile is the "Nexus" carrier, they were the first ones to bring out the now classic Nexus-One, and had the Nexus-S first for 6 months.

If T-Mobile doesn't get the Galaxy-Nexus soon, it would be like ATT all of a sudden not getting the newest iPhone on release.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the insight. I'm on vzw now but was gonna go to tmo once the nexus dropped. Then i hear its vzw exclusive for now. Now this. IM SO CONFUSED!!!

I stayed on Verizon just to have an EXCLUSIVE NEXUS phone, if this fails then I'm bailing to whoever launches this baby first.... maybe. :p

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why did no one take pictures of them? Not calling you wrong just haven't seen a photo of an LTE version other than the screenshot from their demo video.

to pull out a device that is akin to a brick with no data services at the unveiling of the device and OS its running isn't a smart PR move. US carrier announcement and launch will be done on US soil with data working devices...

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
to pull out a device that is akin to a brick with no data services at the unveiling of the device and OS its running isn't a smart PR move. US carrier announcement and launch will be done on US soil with data working devices...

Makes sense now. Putting the LTE version there with it reading no service would look pretty bad. Thanks for the info!

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the mindset that there will just be no major hoopla over the phone being on Verizon because if it is indeed a pure Google experience, VZW would rather push other phones, where it makes money off selling bloatware and forced verizon apps. With the Prime, there is no extra side revenue implicitly available to them, so there is no incentive to hype the phone, outside of appeasing us, the rabid fanbase. They will sell it, but there will be no tickertape parade announcing its arrival, because it just isn't a cash cow for them. I think this same logic applies to P3droid asking on twitter if we would pay full retail for the phone, because bloatware and vcast help subsidize verizon phones. Irregardless, I'll be anxiously awaiting this phones arrival.

There are other selling points to this phone that overshadow the bloat etc. First 720p device, nfc capabilities, another 4g LTE device, strong specs. Don't get me wrong, vzw loves their bloat, but they aren't oblivious to 'cutting edge'. And in reality, how much money do they make off the bloat?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just hope costco gets them in... Kind of wondering what's going on with the whole pulling of bionics due to 'unsellability'

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
There are other selling points to this phone that overshadow the bloat etc. First 720p device, nfc capabilities, another 4g LTE device, strong specs. Don't get me wrong, vzw loves their bloat, but they aren't oblivious to 'cutting edge'. And in reality, how much money do they make off the bloat?

I'm sure they make plenty off the added software. And I know the phone sells itself, but the lack of additional revenue surely sticks in their craw.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Sprint and Tmobile don't make me laugh!!!!!!!we all know that those carriers are for people with no credit!!!

Sprint and Tmobile are quite good and just because they are considered value carriers doesn't mean they don't have better plans and more compelling devices then the big two of verizon and att...

making blanket statements about people because of their cellular carrier isnt a an intelligent statement.. I hope you were joking..

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. How much proof do we need? Everything points to Verizon getting the freaking phone. Give it a couple of days. I’m sure Samsung will announce the release date. IMO Verizon might not say crap because of the RAZR. But this is getting stupid. How can something with no release date get delayed? Hmm….. I want this phone just as bad as most of you but some need to relax. Woosah. All is well. :cool:

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Slightly off topic but do you know anything about the bionics disappearances from stores BMX? I was staying with the Bionic instead of costco swapping but if there is an issue I want to swap for the nexus. Just trying to get an idea.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off topic but do you know anything about the bionics disappearances from stores BMX? I was staying with the Bionic instead of costco swapping but if there is an issue I want to swap for the nexus. Just trying to get an idea.

heard about it but thought it was a rumor since i was traveling.. I would say they understand that it was bad idea to sell the device since the razr is the true flagship..

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say thanks to BMX and P3 for their insight throughout this thread. Truer words could not be spoken. We all know VZW will carry the device. Panda speaks the truth and helps us all out with leaks and info when he can divulge it. The same goes for P3. Both of these guys help out the community in enormous ways and I think some of us can forget that from time to time. Everything that either one of them has stated in this thread I agree with. And remember guys, it is still just a phone. As much as I love Android there are more important things in life than phones. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to own my very first Nexus device, and use it on Big Red. It will be here before too long, and by the sound of it, as bug free as possible, which is how we all want it anyway. Let them take the time to iron out the bugs and give us a better user experience. I know I will appreciate that much more than rushing it to the stores to start selling it before it actually functions properly. I have made that mistake before, hence why I no longer use a Thunderbolt. Just my thoughts. Hopefully I won't get razzed too much for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2