Verizon customers: What phone will you be switching from?

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a DX that I've been using since the day of its release. Needing a breath of fresh air that will show up in the form of a Galaxy Nexus.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I would be upgrading from the OG, but I had an upgrade when the Bionic released, so I got it. Sent it back a week later. After reactivating my OG, I missed the speed and 4.3" screen.... so I bought a DX from eBay. Been rocking that since.

I have ALWAYS wanted a Nexus on VZW. Even attempted to order the Nexus One from Google back at release. You know how that worked out.

Please VZW, give us geeks what we've always wanted.... finally. PLEASE.

*customized tapatalk signature*

NRA_Bear

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to dump my Touch Pro 2. It's been bearable with the Energy ROM I put on there, but too many trips out on the jet ski left the hard buttons barely useable and the slider just stopped working yesterday. At least we've got a press release from Verizon now :D

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'll be switching from an HTC Trophy. While Windows Phone 7 is great as a concept, it still needs some work to truly be competitive even after the Mango update.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been due for an upgrade for a while since I got the Droid X on day one. I'll most likely get the Nexus as the Vanilla ICS is the biggest draw for me, knowing that it's optimized for the hardware it's on.

Plus the HD camera is some high quality stuff and I don't have a camera of my own.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from and HTC EVO (rooted with CM7) she has been an amazing phone and been put threw hell but she is starting to show her age and sprint has been pissing me off with all of there new policy changes as well as such slow 3g speeds compared to people I know with verizon and at&t in this area. (probably over worked towers) and limited wimax coverage here.

UWPVIOLATOR

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid Incredible and am eligible for upgrade in February. Verizon would of let me upgrade early to the iPhone 4S so I assume they will do the same here.

How do I go about selling my DINC? Do I have to buy the Nexus Directly from Verizon or can I get a better deal elsewhere? I have unlimited Data still so I do not want to lose this. Any help would be appreciated.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Switching from Blackberry to my first Droid. RIM is so far behind the times and my company has pretty much opened up the email to iPhone and Droid phones now, where in the past they only allowed Blackberrys on BES.

They only issue BB's but you can get the Droid or iP of your own and use them for work and personal.

4runner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Droid Eros running OMFG. That ROM had breathed new life into this P.O.S. Tried CM7 before this and found that to be really buggy on this phone. Been sitting on an upgrade since August just waiting. Had to get the wife a DINC 2 so she wouldn't complain about me getting the GNexus.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving for Afghanistan next month so it would be pointless for me to buy it now. But I'll dump my tbolt and iPhone the gnex.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a lot of people who have the original droid. That must have been a really good phone.

It still is!! I am very hesitant to leave my OG Droid and go to the Galaxy Nexus. However, I have a feeling this new phone will be pretty solid.

acaplinger

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Palm Pre+. I'm going to desperately miss webOS, but since ICS is the start of Matias Duarte's work on Android (he was the lead designer of webOS), the Galaxy Nexus will be the next best thing. I'm a little apprehensive about the size of the device compared to my very pocketable Pre+, but I am looking forward to some real app selection.

I'm a little surprised I don't see more webOS people in this thread, although I suppose Verizon didn't have quite the following that Sprint had back in the day.

Xephik

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How do I go about selling my DINC? Do I have to buy the Nexus Directly from Verizon or can I get a better deal elsewhere? I have unlimited Data still so I do not want to lose this. Any help would be appreciated.

You can try Craigslist or selling it to a relative for like $50 but in all honesty you're probably better off charging the batteries to 50%, chucking them in the freezer, and keeping the phone in a desk drawer. YOu never know if you're GN is going to get wrecked somehow.

I have never ordered a phone from Verizon directly, it's a waste of money. There will probably be a legit deal on Amazon or Newegg like a week into the release, you should wait a week or two for that.