Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. Why?

    If you take a look at AC's recent post (http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...er-17#comments) you'll see that LTE just went up in 22 cities with more cities to get it coming November 17th. If you'll note that today is Thursday and Nov. 17th is Thursday and that Verizon usually releases phones on Thursday, then you might believe like I do that the Nov. 17th is the day for it to be released.

    Why? Because why would Verizon want to release a brand new 4G LTE device a week or two before they open up LTE in a bunch of new markets when they could wait that week or two and release the Galaxy Nexus alongside the LTE activation's. That way more customers would be able to access LTE right away. These are just my thoughts on the whole thing.
  2. #2  
    radgatt's Avatar

    Posts
    1,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    I say it still comes out the 10th because LTE is covering over half the country already. Why wait??
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    "Early November" would seem to point to the first half of the month.
  4. #4  
    TheDave's Avatar

    Posts
    360 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    Playing devils advocate:

    1. Do you really think laypeople know that LTE isnt nationwide yet? If its in a phone they can use it, right?
    2. Thinking too hard maybe? A week or two early would give the device to reviewers and early adopters (thats us!) so laypeople would know it exists (and destroys worlds...)


    Who knows, though? cant say your argument doesnt make some sense
  5. #5  
    racedog's Avatar

    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    VZW has been bringing new LTE areas online regularly. It makes absolutely no sense that they would release new phones to coincide with new LTE areas going live. They haven't done it so far with any other phones, why would they do it now?
  6. #6  
    whiteshadow001's Avatar

    Posts
    1,206 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,215 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbonnefond View Post
    If you take a look at AC's recent post (http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...er-17#comments) you'll see that LTE just went up in 22 cities with more cities to get it coming November 17th. If you'll note that today is Thursday and Nov. 17th is Thursday and that Verizon usually releases phones on Thursday, then you might believe like I do that the Nov. 17th is the day for it to be released.

    Why? Because why would Verizon want to release a brand new 4G LTE device a week or two before they open up LTE in a bunch of new markets when they could wait that week or two and release the Galaxy Nexus alongside the LTE activation's. That way more customers would be able to access LTE right away. These are just my thoughts on the whole thing.
    Yeah! Go hokies! Haha, anyways I agree, they would want to open up more cities to lte with the three new flagship phones coming. Vigor razr and nexus

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk
  7. #7  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    Playing the wet blanket

    I for one say that until we see a press release, announcement, email, or anything else official from Verizon then the phone isn't ever coming out(on Verizon). If you look at it this way, then you can't possibly be disappointed if/when the phone is pushed back to next year.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    Got my Bionic Thursday 9/8, discovered 4G LTE was working the following Monday morning...PRIOR to the announcement it was to begin in my area Thursday 9/15.

    I agree with racedog,and I see these announcements regularly on twitter.
  9. #9  
    EggoEspada's Avatar

    Posts
    774 Posts
    Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Buglessbeast/Stock

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    Quote Originally Posted by Stein357 View Post
    "Early November" would seem to point to the first half of the month.
    Yea, which would mean either the 3rd or the 10th. The 17th would fall under mid-November IMO.
  10. #10  
    brinox's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Liquid Smooth JB

    Default Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    I for one say that until we see a press release, announcement, email, or anything else official from Verizon then the phone isn't ever coming out(on Verizon).
    i for more than one say that following this logic, while rather logical in and of itself, destroys any hope that we as consumers in today's economy need to have (as a whole) to keep from destroying it.

    Verizon Wireless, and many MANY other companies rely on viral marketing to make money on the services and announcements they provide us, whether it be official or otherwise. If you follow the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality, that's your choice, but do so knowing that you may not be helping those of us who are infinitely ecstatic that VZW might finally be getting the Nexus love we were promised nearly 18 months ago.

    I can agree that its worthless to be thrashing leak after leak around like its the holy grail of the mobile world - but i think its absurd to say that since there has not been an official announcement yet, VZW is not getting the gnex. I feel it's more appropriate to say that the VZW variant has yet to be officially announced...

Posting Permissions