I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. Why?

wbonnefond

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you take a look at AC's recent post (http://www.androidcentral.com/veriz... markets-today-more-come-november-17#comments) you'll see that LTE just went up in 22 cities with more cities to get it coming November 17th. If you'll note that today is Thursday and Nov. 17th is Thursday and that Verizon usually releases phones on Thursday, then you might believe like I do that the Nov. 17th is the day for it to be released.

Why? Because why would Verizon want to release a brand new 4G LTE device a week or two before they open up LTE in a bunch of new markets when they could wait that week or two and release the Galaxy Nexus alongside the LTE activation's. That way more customers would be able to access LTE right away. These are just my thoughts on the whole thing.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus drops Nov. 17. W

I say it still comes out the 10th because LTE is covering over half the country already. Why wait??

Stein357

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

"Early November" would seem to point to the first half of the month.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Playing devils advocate:

1. Do you really think laypeople know that LTE isnt nationwide yet? If its in a phone they can use it, right?
2. Thinking too hard maybe? A week or two early would give the device to reviewers and early adopters (thats us!) so laypeople would know it exists (and destroys worlds...:D)

Who knows, though? cant say your argument doesnt make some sense

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

VZW has been bringing new LTE areas online regularly. It makes absolutely no sense that they would release new phones to coincide with new LTE areas going live. They haven't done it so far with any other phones, why would they do it now?

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you take a look at AC's recent post (http://www.androidcentral.com/veriz... markets-today-more-come-november-17#comments) you'll see that LTE just went up in 22 cities with more cities to get it coming November 17th. If you'll note that today is Thursday and Nov. 17th is Thursday and that Verizon usually releases phones on Thursday, then you might believe like I do that the Nov. 17th is the day for it to be released.

Why? Because why would Verizon want to release a brand new 4G LTE device a week or two before they open up LTE in a bunch of new markets when they could wait that week or two and release the Galaxy Nexus alongside the LTE activation's. That way more customers would be able to access LTE right away. These are just my thoughts on the whole thing.

Yeah! Go hokies! Haha, anyways I agree, they would want to open up more cities to lte with the three new flagship phones coming. Vigor razr and nexus

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Playing the wet blanket

I for one say that until we see a press release, announcement, email, or anything else official from Verizon then the phone isn't ever coming out(on Verizon). If you look at it this way, then you can't possibly be disappointed if/when the phone is pushed back to next year.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Got my Bionic Thursday 9/8, discovered 4G LTE was working the following Monday morning...PRIOR to the announcement it was to begin in my area Thursday 9/15.

I agree with racedog,and I see these announcements regularly on twitter.

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

I for one say that until we see a press release, announcement, email, or anything else official from Verizon then the phone isn't ever coming out(on Verizon).

i for more than one say that following this logic, while rather logical in and of itself, destroys any hope that we as consumers in today's economy need to have (as a whole) to keep from destroying it.

Verizon Wireless, and many MANY other companies rely on viral marketing to make money on the services and announcements they provide us, whether it be official or otherwise. If you follow the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality, that's your choice, but do so knowing that you may not be helping those of us who are infinitely ecstatic that VZW might finally be getting the Nexus love we were promised nearly 18 months ago.

I can agree that its worthless to be thrashing leak after leak around like its the holy grail of the mobile world - but i think its absurd to say that since there has not been an official announcement yet, VZW is not getting the gnex. I feel it's more appropriate to say that the VZW variant has yet to be officially announced...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol