Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JerryRecords

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I been waiting for a bad ass Samsung phone for a while now. OG Droid is still hanging in there with a pushed in volume-down rocker. I can only raise volume now. And yes it takes a while to load my homescreens at times and maps crashes on me at times while searching but from there on works great. I need a bigger, faster device with LTE. Hopefully battery life is not bad. I don't want to add an extended battery that'll be ridiculous. Ill keep using it for maps for when I go out of town, browsing, and tethering to my tab 10.1 wifi only. I'm also getting a new bag for all my devices. Even that's taking forever to ship. Thanks BB!

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm With Att, so not now. I think I may hold out for Kel-El chips to come for phones if I can. I'm still rocking my rooted Captivate and it does what I need it to do. There is always something better in the pipeline of products. That said this phone, on paper, is a MONSTER! Can't wait to see actual reviews.

pepitosegrilla

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a quick search on this thread and didn't see anybody worried about the pentile matrix on the screen. It's pretty disappointing for me.

I was going to switch from my SGSII, but I'm not so sure now. ICS is the thing I like, but the screen, and the CPU / GPU aren't that good on paper (even worse with Tegra III so close to appear).

So the answer is "maybe" becasue for me SW is 80% of the phone, but the price for the HW has to be fair, they can't sell it as a masterpiece like it was the SGSII when it came out. I don't thing is any better than the SGSII HW-wise, which is not very old, but had to be beaten by new hot devices like this

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Not me...sounds like a great phone, but I waited long enough with my BB Storm2 and got the Bionic and I LOVE it. By the time I am ready for a new phone the second generation LTE chips will be out and I will look at a new phone at that time.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
A lot of Incredible owners like myself! I had an OG Droid and then I got my Wife the Incredible. My Droid died awhile back so I was forced to replace it! I wanted to wait hold on to my upgrade, so I upgraded my Wife to an Incredible 2 (she loves it!) and I got the Incredible. But I've been waiting for something that takes the next step and I think the Galaxy Nexus fits the bill.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I still have my Dinc. Great phone, but it's getting to be time to replace it.

I may wait for my upgrade in a few months, though, although I'm not sure anything more compelling than the Galaxy Nexus will be out by then.

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm 100% picking it up on day one. I have been waiting all year for this phone and would have switched carriers. Glad I get to stick with vzw. Mostly excited about NFC, ICS, A pure Google experience.... and immediate updates.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guy, I opened up a verizon account last week just to try out the 4s, but immediately closed it cause i just couldnt handle that phone...LOL....anyway, heres my question...if i wanted to open my account again and say pick up the Droid Bionic and pre-order the Nexus. If i was within the 14 days could i return the Bionic and exchange it for the Nexus?...i have sprint right now and they would let me do that,, but im not sure if Verizon would. Any info would be great..thanks guys!!!

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting one, my contract is up and I'm on a Droid 2 I bought used from ebay. Doubt I'll buy one on day one, I don't buy anything at full retail. I'll wait a week or two, or even six if necessary until a deal hits. If there's one thing I know about Samsung their ability to crank out mass numbers of devices.. The Nexus won't be hard to find on sale after the first few weeks.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
there is some concern if I'll be able to upgrade a little early since I'm coming from the Incredible, I got that a few weeks after it launched so not sure how much Verizon is going to be willing to work with me on that. :/ but either way "HECK YES!" they had me at Nexus!

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guy, I opened up a verizon account last week just to try out the 4s, but immediately closed it cause i just couldnt handle that phone...LOL....anyway, heres my question...if i wanted to open my account again and say pick up the Droid Bionic and pre-order the Nexus. If i was within the 14 days could i return the Bionic and exchange it for the Nexus?...i have sprint right now and they would let me do that,, but im not sure if Verizon would. Any info would be great..thanks guys!!!

Yes IF the Nexus comes out in 14d. That's pretty doubtful. I think the 11/10 date is probably for a preorder. Having it in your hot little hands is unlikely to happen till mid Nov, if not even later...

K

chisox05matt

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid Incredible and am eligible for upgrade in February. Verizon would of let me upgrade early to the iPhone 4S so I assume they will do the same here.

How do I go about selling my DINC? Do I have to buy the Nexus Directly from Verizon or can I get a better deal elsewhere? I have unlimited Data still so I do not want to lose this. Any help would be appreciated.
Damn, that news does not work for me either im up in March and was hoping to beg and grovel for them to let me upgrade early so i can get this phone. I wonder if i tell them im willing to bypass the loyalty discount and just let me pay the new subscriber fee then i would do that.

beaker42

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes. Gotta upgrade my original Droid and I was pretty upset when Big Red passed on the Galaxy SII :'( , but now it's all good! Come on Verizon and confirm the Nov 10th release date already! Can't wait for all of that Nexus/ICS/LTE goodness ! :-$

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It's going to be a long wait until February as that is when I'm due for an upgrade and use my last "new every 2" (I think I can still use it...). Regardless, this will be my next phone.

beaker42

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not too worried about the PenTile screen. It is a new generation of the technology and everyone who has actually used it says it is gorgeous. IMHO the underclocked CPU and Overclocked GPU are actually a good thing, the battery should last all day! And at some point overclocking may be an option if people want to push it. There is hardware optimization in ICS so this should make up for a lot of the fears people may have regarding *only* a 1.2ghz dual core cpu on the G nexus. The OMAP 4460 processor is a very capable CPU ( the core ARM cortex A9 is the same one used in the Exynos), it has dual channel memory for multitasking, and it is optimized for low power consumption so you get high performance without draining the battery in 4 hours. It is also supposed to be significantly better at video encoding/decoding than the other "high end" CPU's because it has the IVA 3 hardware accelerator, and with a 4.65" screen, people can realistically watch movies so it is important. Allegedly the ~2x overclocked GPU is close in performance to the dual core GPU on the iFone 4 - we'll see. I think I'll be pretty happy going from my original Droid to the G Nexus, I'm not worried at all...

I did a quick search on this thread and didn't see anybody worried about the pentile matrix on the screen. It's pretty disappointing for me.

I was going to switch from my SGSII, but I'm not so sure now. ICS is the thing I like, but the screen, and the CPU / GPU aren't that good on paper (even worse with Tegra III so close to appear).

So the answer is "maybe" becasue for me SW is 80% of the phone, but the price for the HW has to be fair, they can't sell it as a masterpiece like it was the SGSII when it came out. I don't thing is any better than the SGSII HW-wise, which is not very old, but had to be beaten by new hot devices like this

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on a Droid Charge, which I love, but I'm due an upgrade in July 2012, so I'll probably be switching then

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781