Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mav

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm also rocking the droid incredible. I've wanted a Nexus phone since they came out but Verizon is the only way to go for me. I want that Google phone with bloat removed, current OS updates and ICS. I would like to know the prices on the 16gb/32gb versions. I'll be picking up this phone as soon as the pre-order drops.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im guessing the 32g model will be 299.00 with 2 year contract.
I will be using my upgrade that has 50.00 credit on it to ,so that will help some

sent via TaPaTaLk

nailerdog

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I really want a pure Google phone on LTE. I'll pick one up at launch and sell my Bionic.
I'm really concerned however that Verizon will mess this up by loading a pile of bloatware on it and blocking Google from updating it directly.

eestubbs104

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So now that Verizon made our night's sleep a bit easier and officially announced this beauty, what's everyone's plan?

I'm coming from a Venerable Dinc. Aside from it's self-worth issues from being hated on by Phil, it's been a great phone. My only complaint is the (sadly typical) HTC Battery life. I've held off from getting any of the current 4G phones because none of them really impressed me. I'll be getting the nexus on launch day (or the first day I'm off work after launch day)

Why am I excited about it?
-It's a pure google phone
-I'm a geek and NFC makes me happy.
-Ice Cream Sandwich

What about you? Are you going to jump on it, or will you wait to see what the Rezound/RAZR will be like?

I got a whole year left on my current contract with Verizon and the Thunderbolt, but if the reviews on the Nexus are really good (service, battery life and 4G connectivity) and I WILL pay the early fee /penalty to get the Nexus upgrade

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Nah. I only buy when I've got an upgrade and if my current phone isn't cutting it, so I'll see what's available next summer or so.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I really want a pure Google phone on LTE. I'll pick one up at launch and sell my Bionic.
I'm really concerned however that Verizon will mess this up by loading a pile of bloatware on it and blocking Google from updating it directly.

How would we be able to tell if Verizon blocks direct updates from Google?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
So now that Verizon made our night's sleep a bit easier and officially announced this beauty, what's everyone's plan?

I'm coming from a Venerable Dinc. Aside from it's self-worth issues from being hated on by Phil, it's been a great phone. My only complaint is the (sadly typical) HTC Battery life. I've held off from getting any of the current 4G phones because none of them really impressed me. I'll be getting the nexus on launch day (or the first day I'm off work after launch day)

Why am I excited about it?
-It's a pure google phone
-I'm a geek and NFC makes me ha
ppy.
-Ice Cream Sandwich

What about you? Are you going to jump on it, or will you wait to see what the Rezound/RAZR will be like?

1 OS Updates!
2 Dev Community will be huge

Those are my reasons. I won't need a new phone for the next two years.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought Verizon would never get a nexus phone because of its habit of well, being Verizon. But that glorious day has come and this is hands down the best iteration of the nexus line to be conceived ever. You damn right in gonna be getting one the first day they are released, it's a good thing I've kept my Droid x in flawless condition, should sell for a decent price on craigslist to help cushion the cost of the nexus XD

Reactions: precon22

pjazzy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm really tempted. I've been on iOS but want to make the switch. I'm waiting on reviews, looks like a really nice phone. The larger screen makes all the difference imo.

Reactions: DonaldMissingP

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade its not until May, but having a Fascinate that only gets updates with me flashing Roms and kernels, I just want something that gives me what google intended without all the messing around until 1am. Who an I kidding...i will still be flashing.

Razieltov

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely getting it. I've been waiting for a nexus device on vzw since the
nexus one came out. And why are at&t customers and the company calling hspa+ 4G.? It's technically only really fast 3g.

Because people who have Verizon call their network 4G. "It's technically only really fast 3g."

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I will definitely be getting one. Already took off work on the 10 th and 11th just in case :) hell if a legit ebay hit i would jump on that. Want this baby now lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Philip, yes you keep unlimited data as long as you stay on a smartphone. Never ever change to a simple phone even as a back up. Verizon also has a trade in program but you can actually just get more money selling it to someone else who needs a phone.

not sure if this was addressed yet by someone else but....

i had to send in my phone for repair and had to use a flip phone as a backup

i called verizon, they switched me off my unlimited, made a note on my account...when i got my phone back they put me back on unlimited

kruizin

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I will most likely pick this phone up, but since the RAZR and Rezound are rumored to be released the same day, I'll probably take a look at all three...

jonzey231@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guy, I opened up a verizon account last week just to try out the 4s, but immediately closed it cause i just couldnt handle that phone...LOL....anyway, heres my question...if i wanted to open my account again and say pick up the Droid Bionic and pre-order the Nexus. If i was within the 14 days could i return the Bionic and exchange it for the Nexus?...i have sprint right now and they would let me do that,, but im not sure if Verizon would. Any info would be great..thanks guys!!!

Yes you could definitely do that. I did this a couple years back when I bought the Pre Plus. Took it in after a friend of mine came home with the Droid X and immediately went to swap. Although you will have to pay a $35 restocking fee.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If i bought a Droid X last July so am I still eligible for the "New Every Two" 1 year upgrade that was dismantled last January? I've heard that existing customers that have signed the contract before January are still eligible... and how much of a discount will I receive? Do I get it at the regular upgrade price? my Droid X is CRAPPING OUT ON ME! I NEED MY NEXUS!!

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Is this the one that does not have a micro card slot or the one that you can not remove the battery? I cannot have a phone with any of these two options. I will pass then.