1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Restoring a different phone to the Nexus using TiBU

If I have a Bionic and make a Titanium Backup of Apps + Data, what do you think would happen if I installed Titanium on the Nexus and restored all apps + data? The plus here would be that I wouldn't have to mess with re-downloading all my apps as well as going through all those settings. I realize this is a theoretical discussion, as the phones not out yet, but I wondered if anyone has ever tried that when switching other phones out?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    If I have a Bionic and make a Titanium Backup of Apps + Data, what do you think would happen if I installed Titanium on the Nexus and restored all apps + data? The plus here would be that I wouldn't have to mess with re-downloading all my apps as well as going through all those settings. I realize this is a theoretical discussion, as the phones not out yet, but I wondered if anyone has ever tried that when switching other phones out?
    Sure people have done this, but going to the same or similar OS. Restoring data from an older OS to Ice Cream Sandwhich could cause problems. If you want to try, make a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery first. If Koush is as fast as he was with the Nexus S, there should be a custom recovery out for the Galaxy Nexus within a day or two.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Default Re: Restoring a different phone to the Nexus using TiBU

Restore the app only. Not data.