Things I like about the Galaxy Nexus

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Since there have been a few threads about what people don't like, I'd thought I would post some things that I like about this phone.

1.) Pure Android. (From my experience, the phone runs faster, updates quicker and, pretty much everything Google related runs very well).

2.) Folders (probably not a big deal to most but, I really like the new look and how it works).

3.) Google Voice integration

4.) Some of the WebOS like functions ( It's nice to see that WebOS hasn't totally disappeared and, I'm glad they're including elements of it in 4.0)

5.) The app drawer transitions and the inclusion of widgets in the same area. ( The transitions remind me of some third party launchers).

6.) Super-Amoled screen over the plus. ( From my experience with the Nexus S these are really nice screens and work very well in sunlight).

7.) LTE ( if any of you are in a city that has it, you will understand).

8.) The overall look of the phone. ( I like the design and, the fact that there are no buttons or manufacture & carrier names on the front, just a black screen).

I could go on & on. If it's the version in most videos (4.0.0.1) which I don't doubt it will be, I will be very happy. It will probably be awhile - if ever - that I will add any launchers or themes with this phone.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
9.) Organic LED screen that isn't firing up the pixels for black color, so longer battery life and rediculous contrast ratio
10.) ICS Native Hardware Acceleration
11.) ICS Highly optimized for Muticore processors
12.) Face Unlock

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
16. No heavy gorilla glass to weigh you down
17. No dumb SD card to worry about losing...

Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist....

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
16. No heavy gorilla glass to weigh you down
17. No dumb SD card to worry about losing...

Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist....

You know, this is just another thread where I've seen you posting one negative after another. There are a lot of phones that I don't want. So, here's what I do. I avoid going into their forums and dissing their stuff. They have a right to buy and like what they want.

Yes, there are some negatives to this phone, but, I'm still looking forward to it coming out so that I can make a decision one way or another as to whether or not it is going to be my next phone. In order to make that decision I don't have to keep scouring around the Nexus threads posting negative comments and bringing people down.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as WebOS, and I don't know exactly what you were referring to, but I think it may have been the notifications. I just want to say that Android has not really changed here. You still don't close apps. That menu of apps is still basically a "recently used" app list, along with whatever apps may really be running in the background (music). Now you can swipe to remove them from the list, but you are not swiping to close them. If you click on one of those apps, it's state is restored from RAM, like it was before you left it.
WebOS had a novel way of closing apps. Android still does not need the user to close apps.

The folders look neat, but they seem pretty similar to what iOS already does, right? I use Circle Launcher currently and it does a similar thing.

I want that screen
I want Google updates
I want NFC
I want the video camera
I want a unified OS experience. One app for all platforms. That will be nice (I'm a developer, but have no Android apps yet)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as WebOS, and I don't know exactly what you were referring to, but I think it may have been the notifications. I just want to say that Android has not really changed here. You still don't close apps. That menu of apps is still basically a "recently used" app list, along with whatever apps may really be running in the background (music). Now you can swipe to remove them from the list, but you are not swiping to close them. If you click on one of those apps, it's state is restored from RAM, like it was before you left it.
WebOS had a novel way of closing apps. Android still does not need the user to close apps.

The folders look neat, but they seem pretty similar to what iOS already does, right? I use Circle Launcher currently and it does a similar thing.

I want that screen
I want Google updates
I want NFC
I want the video camera
I want a unified OS experience. One app for all platforms. That will be nice (I'm a developer, but have no Android apps yet)

I was just commenting on what the reviewers said about it being like WebOS, I haven't actually used it. I had a co-worker who had a palm pre and, I remember the swiping away apps and, thought that was cool. I didn't know Android doesn't actually close them. Either way I like it.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
There are no negatives for me because I am purchasing this phone knowing full well what I am getting.
The biggest draw for me is the pure experience (out of the box) on the network that I use.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that's what I like about the folders, I always liked how it was done in IOS. I also had a app with IOS like folders but, I'm glad it's built into Android now.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Pure Android has been my goal since I got an Android phone.. Infact I almost bought an OG Droid even though it was severly outdated for the pure Android experience.

So that right there is a major +

ICS is a major +

the style of the phone is a major +

theirs about a hundred other things that I could list that are positives about the phone, it would be simpler just to list what I view as negatives then list all the positives.

I'm not gonna do that though.. theirs plenty of other threads for that.

basically I am very impressed with 90% of the aspects of this phone.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Pure Android has been my goal since I got an Android phone.. Infact I almost bought an OG Droid even though it was severly outdated for the pure Android experience.

So that right there is a major +

ICS is a major +

the style of the phone is a major +

theirs about a hundred other things that I could list that are positives about the phone, it would be simpler just to list what I view as negatives then list all the positives.

I'm not gonna do that though.. theirs plenty of other threads for that.

basically I am very impressed with 90% of the aspects of this phone.

It's weird because, I was with Verizon for years and when the original Droid came out I knew nothing about it. I left Verizon for the Nexus One on T-mobile but, have now come full circle and I'm back with Verizon. I'm glad they will have this phone

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You know, this is just another thread where I've seen you posting one negative after another. There are a lot of phones that I don't want. So, here's what I do. I avoid going into their forums and dissing their stuff. They have a right to buy and like what they want.

Yes, there are some negatives to this phone, but, I'm still looking forward to it coming out so that I can make a decision one way or another as to whether or not it is going to be my next phone. In order to make that decision I don't have to keep scouring around the NexusAside from " threads posting negative comments and bringing people down.

Search before you post. The only hint of negative you'll find from my post toward the GN is the concerns thread where I wish it had gorilla glass and I'd hardly consider that a negative would you? So before you post back in this thread search and show a list of post where I talk negative about the GN. And I don't mean dumb stuff like "I wish it had Gorilla glass but that's not a deal breaker" legitimate negative post. K thx bye

EDIT. I'll help you out. Everyone of my post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/search.php?searchid=2834391

Last edited:

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The pure android experience is an awesome perk. And add in the fact that the phone is designed for ICS and you can make a very strong case for the Nexus Prime.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Am i the only one super pumped for notification light similar to the Nexus One? Haha going from the N1 to the NS was brutal with a stock setup.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Am i the only one super pumped for notification light similar to the Nexus One? Haha going from the N1 to the NS was brutal with a stock setup.

A notification light is crucial to me. There is no notification light on my Fascinate and I have learned just how important that feature is. I'd love to see an official confirmation of there being a notification light, though. All I have really seen so far is the hint of one during the ICS event video.

I always go by the rule that until proven otherwise, I don't trust Samsung to put a notification light on a phone...Just like they love their plastic chassis.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I think one of the webOS references are about how you can bring up the multitasking and swipe away programs.

Things I like about the GN:
-Notification light (different from all others in that it glows. Not just a light)
-Form factor and feel.
-Advanced design (curved screen and lack of buttons)
-Pure vanilla
-It's on the network I'm on. FINALLY!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the notification light. A reviewer said it was on the bottom but, I never seen it in action, is there a review were they actually show it?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm thrilled to have the notification light, although I've become used to/accustomed to NoLED on my Fascinate that shows different symbols for different emails, texts, etc. I know. I could still use it on this. The LED probably uses less battery

Love that there is no Bloatware!!!! :D

Love the pure Android

Folders seem nice. As has been mentioned, they seem to have taken a lots of things that I prefer in 3rd party launchers and built them into theirs.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
There's not much I don't like about this phone other than the lack of an SD card slot. Camera is fine, I'm sure the CPU/GPU will be fine, the screen is supposedly amazing, etc. This is a nice change from all the "Things I hate about the Galaxy Nexus" threads.

I am also very happy about the notification LED. The Incredible's light is extremely hard to see at certain angles, so I'm sure this will be an upgrade from that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers