Do most current Nexus owners run Cyanogen?

Stock or Cyanogen Mod

• Total voters

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I know this is an opinionated subject, and I realize that a Cyanogen mod wont be out for ICS right away, but I wanted to know if current Nexus users typically run it, or just leave there vanilla device stock? I've never run Cyanogen, but I believe it's intention is to mimic vanilla android on non-nexus devices. I guess the question is, does Cyanogen clean up any of the stock code so that it might even run faster/smoother with better battery life, or does it get no better than stock Nexus?

I added a poll to your post. If you hate me, send me a nasty PM and I'll remove it :p

Reactions: greydarrah

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an opinionated subject, and I realize that a Cyanogen mod wont be out for ICS right away, but I wanted to know if current Nexus users typically run it, or just leave there vanilla device stock? I've never run Cyanogen, but I believe it's intention is to mimic vanilla android on non-nexus devices. I guess the question is, does Cyanogen clean up any of the stock code so that it might even run faster/smoother with better battery life, or does it get no better than stock Nexus?

You can almost run it like the stock with a few useful features. First, it gives more storage pace for Nexus one. You can have things like battery %, trackball wake, a modified lock screen and power widget in the notification pull-down... things like that. There are tons of more things you could do with, but I run it mainly for things mentioned above. I think it is better than the stock.

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I did run CM7 for a long time on my Nexus S 4G and still do on my Nook Color. But I've become and big fan of Peter Alfonso's GPA/Bugless Beast ROM since he started for the NS4G.

CM7 has lots of great features and a good community but Peter's stuff is just fast so it's my daily driver now.

Loved Pete's work on my old D1.. he makes the fastest cleanest smoothest roms bar none

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781