How is the Sound

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone knows how the sound of the phone is as it pertains to music and headphones? I listen to music while working and its loud where I work so high volume is needed.

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'd want to know more about the loudspeaker actually. I thought the iPhone 4 one was bad but after changing to HTC Sensation, the iPhone's was much better IMO.

Hopefully the loudspeaker on the GN will be great. I remember before the iPhone days, many phones have real awesome speakers. (Nokia N95 for example)

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you own or have you considered in ear monitors? They can be a bit uncomfortable if you've never used them before but you get used to them. Different brands and models vary in sound isolation. Since these headphones will block out ambient noise from your workplace you will be able to play your music at a lower volume and also save your hearing.

wheezy276

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'd want to know more about the loudspeaker actually. I thought the iPhone 4 one was bad but after changing to HTC Sensation, the iPhone's was much better IMO.

Hopefully the loudspeaker on the GN will be great. I remember before the iPhone days, many phones have real awesome speakers. (Nokia N95 for example)

I too am most curious about the loudspeaker volume/quality..
Every time I crank my OG droid up folks always say "wow that's louder than my phone", which are usually HTCs or iToys.. ;)

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you own or have you considered in ear monitors? They can be a bit uncomfortable if you've never used them before but you get used to them. Different brands and models vary in sound isolation. Since these headphones will block out ambient noise from your workplace you will be able to play your music at a lower volume and also save your hearing.

Yeah I have noise canceling headphones sennheisers but the source of the music still matters and the htc phone I have not good for it.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What are the ohms on those Sennheisers? For portable devices the lower the ohms the better. The lower they are the easier the phone will be able to drive the headphones. But too low will blow the circuitry. 16 ohms is recommended as the lowest level. If those Sennheisers are say 32 ohms the volume they will produce will be lower than if you used headphones that were 16 ohms.

Another option is try using an app from the market that can boost the output or gain. Do a search in the market for volume boost and you'll get some results. Volume Booster worked for me for a while. An app called Equalizer is one that I use for bass boost but you can also raise the gain level.

Last edited:

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
sound is quite nice.. very loud but does get a bit distorted when cranky up really loud. I do prefer the HTC BEATS integration but with all the apps out there that do great audio processing headphone listening sounds amazing..

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
sound is quite nice.. very loud but does get a bit distorted when cranky up really loud. I do prefer the HTC BEATS integration but with all the apps out there that do great audio processing headphone listening sounds amazing..

So the Beats integration actually does improve audio quality on the phone?

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
What are the ohms on those Sennheisers? For portable devices the lower the ohms the better. The lower they are the easier the phone will be able to drive the headphones. But too low will blow the circuitry. 16 ohms is recommended as the lowest level. If those Sennheisers are say 32 ohms the volume they will produce will be lower than if you used headphones that were 16 ohms.

Another option is try using an app from the market that can boost the output or gain. Do a search in the market for volume boost and you'll get some results. Volume Booster worked for me for a while. An app called Equalizer is one that I use for bass boost but you can also raise the gain level.

They are 16 ohms I will check out some of the apps you mentioned.

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

So does beats really help with the music Quality? Or is it just the headphones?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded poweramp from the market for my xoom and, it's very nice. I found out about it after researching beats audio on the rezound. A article I read said that poweramp would do everything htc beats would do because it has a eq.

I admit, poweramp is a very nice app and, I will use it on the GN if, the default music app is not good enough. It's probably the best audio app I've had.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded poweramp from the market for my xoom and, it's very nice. I found out about it after researching beats audio on the rezound. A article I read said that poweramp would do everything htc beats would do because it has a eq.

I admit, poweramp is a very nice app and, I will use it on the GN if, the default music app is not good enough. It's probably the best audio app I've had.

I love poweramp's audio quality, I really hope that once google music comes out of beta google releases an api for 3rd party apps to take advantage of right now I use poweramp for all the music I can fit onto my device and google music for the rest, but I'd prefer to use poweramp for everything

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49