Leaving Sprint - on to Galaxy Nexus, Razr, or Bionic?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I have been with sprint for 10 years, and am ready to jump ship - I can't stand the 100kbps max that I am pulling near Detroit (on my NS4G).

My wife and I are looking to continue with high-end android devices (we have the NS4G and an Evo now). I was ready to just get 2 Bionics - but figured i would kick myself if the Galaxy Nexus came out in two weeks and I was already stuck with the Bionic (which has a less than impressive screen - being used to a SAMOLED).... Then I read about the interim Razr device.... that's nice - but the same scenario holds true - will I regret not waiting for the HD SAMOLED display of the GNex.

Any guidance? Thoughts?

Thanks a ton in advance,

Matt!

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wait until the Nexus comes out on the 17th. Get them all in your hands and see which one you like best.Don't overlook the HTC Vigor/Rezound either, thats another solid device.

If I were in your shoes I'd skip the Bionic and Bionic Slim (razr) and really take a hard look at the Rezound and Nexus.

Reactions: ejaymd11

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nexus, first choice for sure .Vigor/Rezound is a second option if its needed.

sent by tapatalk

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait till they all come out, check them all out, and make the decision for yourself. You know? They call that being an adult. So tired of these same threads over and over and over.

Reactions: bbycrts

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I love my Bionic, but I would wait for the Nexus. I'm still keeping mine and buying an out of contract Nexus on release day. ICS and a better screen will be awesome.

I think you'll be very pleased with the Verizon network.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait till they all come out, check them all out, and make the decision for yourself. You know? They call that being an adult. So tired of these same threads over and over and over.

Nice....lol

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major. This saves me time... I planned on the nexus to stay with the nexus line..... now I'm practically sold.

Its gonna kill me to wait, I wanna port over today, hah.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice....lol

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major. This saves me time... I planned on the nexus to stay with the nexus line..... now I'm practically sold.

Its gonna kill me to wait, I wanna port over today, hah.

The wait is killing us all!!

I.Gearz

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Nexus No Doubt, the specs alone slay most, plus the carrier involvement in terms of wares is minimal. Samsung and Google. Im also debating the switch as well, Sprint has done us dirty in the past months changing all of the perks that got us to be 10 year loyalists # Premier, Data Cap, Upgrade from annual to 22 months. NEXUS PRIME!

I.Gearz

Reactions: KillerQ

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Some folks who pre-ordered the Razr are getting them this week, so full reviews should also come this week and next. HTC is supposed to announce the Rezound Thursday, so real reviews should be out on that soon too. Don't make a decision without reading what regular folks who have/use the new phones think. As far as waiting for the Nexus, when is your Sprint contract up, and how long are you able to be without a phone if it's up during November?

Monkey,

I'm a leaving Sprint outright.... gonna pay the ETF unless I can sweettalk my way out of it. Either way, I'm leaving and going to Verizon ....when, is up to me. Probably as soon as the GN is released....

Thanks,

Matt

sprunka

Mar 7, 2011
about.me
This is Off Topic for the forum, and doesn't address the OPs question. However, I think it is valid and does relate to the OP's current plans.

See if you can look at your Data Usage history for the last few months and get an average.
It would be a real shocker to get your new Nexus and LTE speeds, only to be slapped with outrageous overage charges on a 2GB plan.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This is Off Topic for the forum, and doesn't address the OPs question. However, I think it is valid and does relate to the OP's current plans.

See if you can look at your Data Usage history for the last few months and get an average.
It would be a real shocker to get your new Nexus and LTE speeds, only to be slapped with outrageous overage charges on a 2GB plan.

Yup, now is probably the best time to stay with sprint if thats who you currently have. Unlimited data is a must. You should have made the switch before the unlimited plans went away.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Yup, now is probably the best time to stay with sprint if thats who you currently have. Unlimited data is a must. You should have made the switch before the unlimited plans went away.

A must why? Unless you stream music or vids all the time or tether I don't think so. At least not in my case. I web browse a lot and YouTube some and have only gone over 2gb once. At that was by less than one gig so was what 10 bucks? Depends on your usage really. I am usually on wifi anyway

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Yea, good call on the data usage - I actually checked it yesterday... I have wifi at work and at home, so the actual 3G data used was ablut .8GB per month. The last few months spiked at 1GB and 1.2GB. To be honest, since I cant even pull more than .10 MB per second, I have NO IDEA where all that data came from....lol.

But yes, if I go over the 2GB limit, it's only $10 for the next gig. I would rather have that condition to deal with than suffer daily with SLOW .1MB data max transfer rates... I can't explain how frustrating that it....

In other words, I would GLADY switch to a 2GB cap than live with unlimited data at mind numbingly slow speeds.

I would have had the patience to wait if (as someone mentioned above) Sprint didnt strip all loyalty and incentive keep me restricted with a brand new, already obsolete Nexus S 4G when they now are going to LTE and there isn't even 4G in Detroit.... fail. I'm over it.

Honestly, I now have to figure out where the data spikes came from....

Thanks,

Matt!

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here wondering what HTC and Goggle/Motorola are cooking up in the desert dept?

I.Gearz

I'd imagine Motorola will come out with another addition to there slim line with a Razr 2 or something. Probably have a larger screen just to move the buttons on screen. I'd think Razr sales will be pretty good, if not who knows....They will be coming out with their quadcore tablets before long, I imagine that will migrate to their phones too.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey again,

I was just thinking back to how impressed I was with the loud speakers(s) on the Bionic. Are both screens in back of the device actually speakers? I could only get sound to come from one on a video I was playing, however, it was 10 times louder than any phone I have ever used.

That being the case, i was excited that the RAZR would also have a similar design... well, it appears that there is only one small slice in the back for the speaker on the RAZR, Can anyone attest to the sound quality or volume level?

The only bad thing I see about the Nexus is the small (which is the same as my NS4G) speaker in the back for audio... and the 5MP cam instead of 8MP...

HHmm....