Let's get an app list going...
05-20-2012 02:14 PM
- Coming with HTC there are a few luxuries I won't be able to do without
Fancy widget - more for function than form
GoSMS or Handcent - only if I don't like the new SMS
that's really the only customization ones i'll need, otherwise just my favorite apps:
Twicca <--- amazing twitter app (if you only have one account)
google apps (translate, goggles, chrome to phone, etc.)
Adfree is really selfish in my opinion. similar things in browsers are destroying the internet. so much of the "free" services you take for granted are paid for by advertisers. I used to use an ad blocker untill I became a youtube partner, and now i appreciate what ads do for us as consumers. Same goes for apps, some ads are bull and totally intrusive (especially in some games) but for the most part they are really there to suport the dev that's providing you the apps you love. don't like ads? stop being a cheap-*** and pay the dollar for the full version. end of rant.11-03-2011 01:56 AMLike 1
- 1) Go SMS Pro (SMS app)
2) Documents To Go (Word, Excel, PDF, Spreadsheet app)
3) Dropbox (app for managing Dropbox account)
4) ES File Expolorer (File manager app. Also as Dropbox integration with additional features not found in Dropbox app)
5) ColorNote (Text pad app)
6) Springpad (Note taking app with sync capabilities. Can access files from PC account as well)
7) Our Groceries (Grocery sharing app for multiple platforms, as well as being able to make changes from PC account)
8) Clipper+ (multi-copy & paste app)
9) Docs (Google Docs app)
10) Repligo Reader (PDF app that loads PDF files fast)
11) Screen Off & Lock (App that allows you to put the phone in standby mode without using the Power Button. Helps to save on wear & tear of the Power Button)
12) Tapatalk (Forum app)
13) ScoreMobile (Sports app)
14) Folder Organizer (Organizes apps, contacts, etc and allows them to be organized in folders placed on Homescreen)
15) Amazon App Store (Android app store by Amazon that features a Free App of The Day everyday)
16) Speed Test (Test WiFi & Carrier speed download & upload)
17) WiFinder (WiFi finder app)
18) GBookmark (Save & access webpages to/from Google Bookmarks account)
19) Jorte (Calendar app)
20) MyProfiles (Profile app that allow you to customize your own settings such as Vibrate, Phone Only, Loud, Work, Home, etc.)11-03-2011 07:25 PM
- AsterdroidFanboiMy must haves:
1. Tasker: Automate everything on your phone. Seriously. Pretty high learning curve, but the website has a lot of pre-made scripts you can load in. This app is the balls.
2. Google Apps: My must-have google apps: Google Docs, Google Goggles, Gmail, Google Sky Map, Google Maps, Google+, Youtube
3. Touchdown by Nitrodesk: For exchange e-mail. I love having tasks integrated.
4. Adobe Flash Player: Pretty self-explanatory
5. Dice Bag: Best dice rolling app I've found. Use it for my weekly D&D game
6. Fantasy Football Monster '11: It's worth the money. Way better than the yahoo-developed fantasy football app.
7. Barcode Scanner: For barcodes and QR codes
8: Keyring: Keep all your key chain rewards cards on your phone and backed up online.
9. Last.fm: My personal favorite music streamer. I love the concept of Pandora, but Last.fm just has a wider selection.
10. Linkedin/Facebook/Twitter: Only installed for syncing purposes
11. Tweetdeck: Best twitter/facebook combo app. Hopefully they add G+ support soon.
12. Netflix: Self-explanatory
13. Note Everything Pro: Best note taking app
14. Slingplayer: If you have a Slingbox, you know how awesome this is.
15. Swype: Still the best keyboard, in my opinion, and I've used them all.
16. Tapatalk: Great for browsing forums, which you probably do if you're reading this
17. Trillian: By far the best instant messaging app. I have tried all of these as well.
18. ScoreMobile: By far the best sports ticker.
There are some other apps that I currently use, but I'm hoping I will be able to do away with once we get ICS because of the base UI improvements. These include LauncherPro Plus, Pure Calendar Widget, and a few others.11-04-2011 09:59 AMLike 1
- JohnlyRetired ModeratorIf I got a nexus (IMO, the only worthy android device) medscape, sound hound, Some yoga and fitness apps that are in apples market if they are on androids market too. Medscape is premium free though and any professional in the field can find good info in a pinch. By no means is it a substitute for real references, but the interaction checker is decent. Is the nexus here?11-04-2011 07:34 PM
- Documents to go
NFL Fantasy football app
Yahoo Fantasy Football app
AdFree- when rooted
ESPN score center
HBO to go
Amazon App Store
and all the good Google apps that are not on there (street view, star map, earth, ect.)11-05-2011 12:13 AM
- 11-06-2011 05:47 PM
- getjar app from getjar.com (An appstore that has a few good apps for free. Tapatalk, tunein radio pro, cut the rope, are all free)
amazon appstore (1 free app a day)
Timeriffic (automatic sets silent/vibrate during sleep and work hours)
Tapatalk (browse this forum and other forums in a friendlier format)
Tune in radio pro (Hear radio all over the whole)11-06-2011 08:50 PM
- Amazon MP3 - plays your cloud music, Pandora, Napster
Oregon TripChecker - has road cams!
Bible & NASB
Overdrive, Nook - readers
Bluetooth Toggle Widget
Angry Birds, Cut the Rope
Docs to Go
so many must haves! how did I even function before I got my android?!11-08-2011 03:19 PM
My DroidX had Swipe bult into the phone, however, I'm not sure if "Swipe" is an Operating System utility or an "Application"... that is downloadable ...? My question is.... all of the videos that I've seen show the GNex using "tap" style texting, does anyone know if swipe will be available on the GNex device...?12-01-2011 04:55 AM
- mooscGrand Master MooscNo swype isn't on nexus. You'll need to go to swipe.com and get the app from thereQuestion....
My DroidX had Swipe bult into the phone, however, I'm not sure if "Swipe" is an Operating System utility or an "Application"... that is downloadable ...? My question is.... all of the videos that I've seen show the GNex using "tap" style texting, does anyone know if swipe will be available on the GNex device...?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk12-01-2011 07:05 AM
- Can't recall if these were listed in the other posts (wow, so many useful apps!), but I'm going to transfer what I can from the Fassy to the Nexus:
- K-9 email
- Amazon app (and also Kindle)
- Various specialty GPS apps
- QR Droid Private
- IMDb app
- Scanner Radio
- and since I can't d/l this anymore, try to transfer iBoobs
I'll be installing Titanium Backup and if the OEM SMS app doesn't cut it try one of the alternatives already mentioned. Plus, all of my games.
Edit: Oh, and Swype (can't live without that!)12-06-2011 09:26 AM
- --Ski & Snow Report - For the latest snowfall numbers for snowboarding!
--SwiftKey X (which I just got today for 10 cents but have yet to try out), Swype
--Ultimate Guitar Tabs
--Amazon App Store (for some of the free apps from there)12-06-2011 12:44 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Let's get an app list going...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD