Angry Birds, Cut the Rope
Netflix
Sportacular
Amazon Appstore
Docs to Go
Yellow Pages
Zedge
SlideIt Keyboard

so many must haves! how did I even function before I got my android?!

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Every thing currently on phone. Its over 250 apps so I'm not going to list them but I can app brain them

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dreamshotz

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
As a new guy coming from Apple IPhone and Windows on my PC?

Any concern about compatibility with these older apps on a new operating system?

I know windows would have closed and apple would have rotted to the core. What about Android, eat it up or spit it out?

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Question....

My DroidX had Swipe bult into the phone, however, I'm not sure if "Swipe" is an Operating System utility or an "Application"... that is downloadable ...? My question is.... all of the videos that I've seen show the GNex using "tap" style texting, does anyone know if swipe will be available on the GNex device...?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
No swype isn't on nexus. You'll need to go to swipe.com and get the app from there
Question....

My DroidX had Swipe bult into the phone, however, I'm not sure if "Swipe" is an Operating System utility or an "Application"... that is downloadable ...? My question is.... all of the videos that I've seen show the GNex using "tap" style texting, does anyone know if swipe will be available on the GNex device...?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't recall if these were listed in the other posts (wow, so many useful apps!), but I'm going to transfer what I can from the Fassy to the Nexus:

• K-9 email
  • Flashlight
  • Amazon app (and also Kindle)
  • Various specialty GPS apps
  • Zedge
  • QR Droid Private
  • IMDb app
  • Scanner Radio
  • and since I can't d/l this anymore, try to transfer iBoobs :)

I'll be installing Titanium Backup and if the OEM SMS app doesn't cut it try one of the alternatives already mentioned. Plus, all of my games.

Edit: Oh, and Swype (can't live without that!)

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
--Ski & Snow Report - For the latest snowfall numbers for snowboarding!
--Pandora
--Facebook
--Yelp
--SwiftKey X (which I just got today for 10 cents but have yet to try out), Swype
--Ultimate Guitar Tabs
--Joystiq, Engadget
--Amazon App Store (for some of the free apps from there)

Strafe

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Do not forget Llama from the app store. Great app that can detect and trigger events based on the cell tower your phone is locked to. It can auto-magically turn on/off WiFi and nearly any other setting in Android.

Reactions: beck79

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I seriously spent the last hour just browsing the app store. Being an Android newb, this is all amazingly new to me! So many cool things out there.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you've had some previous Android app experience - or you've been checking out the Market online - what are a few of the apps you're going to slap on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus when you get it? Maybe you won't know until you've had some time to experience ICS, but from what I've seen I'm pretty sure I will still be grabbing these apps:

1) Touchdown - for syncing to Exchange email.

2) The new browser looks pretty cool, but from what I've seen, I still think Dolphin browser is going to be more polished and feature rich.

3) Go SMS Pro - Same as above. At the same time, I'm hoping that ICS's SMS app is good enough. I have concerns about Go transmitting all my data to a China server based on a discussion I recently had with one of our better known experts here (nuff said).

4) Sonos - if you have a Sonos player, you will understand that one of the most awesome HiFi systems in the world is controlled by an equally awesome app.

5) One of the several apps that display a callers city and state for inbound phone calls.

6) The second this phone is rooted - the first app to go on the Galaxy Nexus will be AdFree.

7) B-Secure Folders - totally dope password storage app that syncs seamlessly with any computer you've configured it to do so.

8) I'm still thinking I will use Launcher Pro over the stock launcher. I should probably branch out and try some other launchers as well. I also like to hide apps I will never use, like Google Books, Latitude, and other Google apps I find more suitable replacements for in the Market.

Cory I remember about a week ago when you posted about tapatalk not playing nice with ICS. Has that issue been resolved because I use that app religiously.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
HD widgets
ADW Launcher EX
Chomp SMS
All the games I bought for my kids this week :)
Chrome to phone unless that's built in
Dropbox
Docs to Go
Fetch it! (phone finder)
Goodnews
Poweramp
Plume
Mvideoplayer
Our Groceries
Safewallet
Soundhound
Sirius/XM
Onstar
tapatalk
syncmypix
swiftkey

aaCharley

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I will be upgrading from a DroidX. I want to continue to have a Tethering app for use of the Unlimited Data plan. Is anything available for that on the Galaxy Nexus?

HardHitter#AC

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that you have your Nexus - What Apps are you getting?

I'm trying to figure out what the app is that makes the LED glow when you receive notifications. Anyone know?

Anyway, what other apps are you getting and loving?

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Now that you have your Nexus - What Apps are you getting?

Id also like to know.
I am also looking for a flashlight app that works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11