Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

ROM
    ACS 5.5 / Shadow Kernel

Default Re: Let's get an app list going...

Do not forget Llama from the app store. Great app that can detect and trigger events based on the cell tower your phone is locked to. It can auto-magically turn on/off WiFi and nearly any other setting in Android.
    Thanked by:
    beck79 

I seriously spent the last hour just browsing the app store. Being an Android newb, this is all amazingly new to me! So many cool things out there.
    jephanie likes this.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Assuming you've had some previous Android app experience - or you've been checking out the Market online - what are a few of the apps you're going to slap on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus when you get it? Maybe you won't know until you've had some time to experience ICS, but from what I've seen I'm pretty sure I will still be grabbing these apps:

1) Touchdown - for syncing to Exchange email.

2) The new browser looks pretty cool, but from what I've seen, I still think Dolphin browser is going to be more polished and feature rich.

3) Go SMS Pro - Same as above. At the same time, I'm hoping that ICS's SMS app is good enough. I have concerns about Go transmitting all my data to a China server based on a discussion I recently had with one of our better known experts here (nuff said).

4) Sonos - if you have a Sonos player, you will understand that one of the most awesome HiFi systems in the world is controlled by an equally awesome app.

5) One of the several apps that display a callers city and state for inbound phone calls.

6) The second this phone is rooted - the first app to go on the Galaxy Nexus will be AdFree.

7) B-Secure Folders - totally dope password storage app that syncs seamlessly with any computer you've configured it to do so.

8) I'm still thinking I will use Launcher Pro over the stock launcher. I should probably branch out and try some other launchers as well. I also like to hide apps I will never use, like Google Books, Latitude, and other Google apps I find more suitable replacements for in the Market.
    Cory I remember about a week ago when you posted about tapatalk not playing nice with ICS. Has that issue been resolved because I use that app religiously.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

HD widgets
    ADW Launcher EX
    Chomp SMS
    All the games I bought for my kids this week
    Chrome to phone unless that's built in
    Dropbox
    Docs to Go
    Fetch it! (phone finder)
    Goodnews
    Poweramp
    Plume
    Mvideoplayer
    Our Groceries
    Safewallet
    Soundhound
    Sirius/XM
    Onstar
    tapatalk
    syncmypix
    swiftkey

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

FFL 11
    Handcent SMS
    QQ Player
    NYC Mate
    Pandora

I will be upgrading from a DroidX. I want to continue to have a Tethering app for use of the Unlimited Data plan. Is anything available for that on the Galaxy Nexus?

Default Now that you have your Nexus - What Apps are you getting?

I'm trying to figure out what the app is that makes the LED glow when you receive notifications. Anyone know?

Anyway, what other apps are you getting and loving?

Default Re: Now that you have your Nexus - What Apps are you getting?

Id also like to know.
    I am also looking for a flashlight app that works

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

how about an hd wallpapers app!

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Light flow is what you are looking for I think.

https://market.android.com/details?i...ightflow&hl=en
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    kcoan3 

Quote Originally Posted by HardHitter View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what the app is that makes the LED glow when you receive notifications. Anyone know?

Anyway, what other apps are you getting and loving?
    First, the Galaxy Nexus does have a Notification LED.

A great app for setting repeating LED, vibration, and sounds is Executive Assistant
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

whoops

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Does anyone know if pdanet works on the gnex?

Yes it does...I`m using it now!!!

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Well, what about Wi-fi Tether? Does it work?

Brandon
    Banned

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    First, the Galaxy Nexus does have a Notification LED.

A great app for setting repeating LED, vibration, and sounds is Executive Assistant
    Yes the GN does have a working notification LED I'm using it currently on mine.

Got to setting and then display and check the notification light. If you are running SMS Pro you can go to settings and in basic click to enable New message notifaction as well. Same goes for any other notification you may want.

James

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Juice Defender.
    Really helps with battery life.
    Once rooted I will go with Juice Defender Ultimate.

I'm still looking for an app to repeat notifications for texts and missed calls and alerts for anything you don't check. I don't understand why this trivial thing is still left out on the best of phones. Doesn't anyone miss it? I can tell no one does cause there's like 2 apps for this.

help?

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Its AMAZING to me that no one seems to care about notifications, this has been on every other phone I have ever owned outside of Android. I thought they would have written this into ICS. Anyway there is a program called Missed Reminder I used for the Epic 4g but it doesn't seem to work on ICS properly. I gotta email the developer.

Also, I found a cool little program called "Gotya" that I didn't see mentioned here. It takes a pic if someone jacks your phone and it emails the pic to you. You would then use seekdroid and locate the phone and then .....

If your in NYC you go get your boys and go get your phone back.
    If your in Texas you go get your gun and then go get your phone back.
    If your in Cali you make a call to a guy (who owes you a favor) who goes to get your phone back.

Everywhere else you call your local PD and they take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
    I'm still looking for an app to repeat notifications for texts and missed calls and alerts for anything you don't check. I don't understand why this trivial thing is still left out on the best of phones. Doesn't anyone miss it? I can tell no one does cause there's like 2 apps for this.

help?
    kharrigan and Kennyb123 like this.

evperry, I'm using Phone Alarm right now. It will only notify you 4 times unless you upgrade to pro. It's ok, it allows you to control, sound, frequency, vibrations and colors for the LED for separate things you want repeated.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Does it alert for cal, gmail, text, missed calls and tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
    evperry, I'm using Phone Alarm right now. It will only notify you 4 times unless you upgrade to pro. It's ok, it allows you to control, sound, frequency, vibrations and colors for the LED for separate things you want repeated.

This is a handy app for using the Wifi Hotspot on the Galaxy Nexus. It's a one-time purchase, no monthly fee, and it doesn't require root:

https://market.android.com/details?i...rs.wifihotspot

Or search Android Market for "Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether" by SVTP
    Last edited by dricket; 12-19-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Anyone using the Kindle app having problems? I can open it 3 or 4 times, and then it just freezes on a black screen, or the opening screen with the kid under the tree. Force close, and then it works again for 3 or 4 times, and have to do it all over again.

Already uninstalled and reinstalled. Any thoughts?

Oh, and keeping in line with the thread, I will compile a list of other apps.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Can anyone make a suggestion to me for an app that I can use to automatically switch on and off wifi based off of my GPS location. I use VZWs on my Bionic. When I tried using it for the Nexus it tells me it is not a Verizon phone. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Can anyone make a suggestion to me for an app that I can use to automatically switch on and off wifi based off of my GPS location. I use VZWs on my Bionic. When I tried using it for the Nexus it tells me it is not a Verizon phone. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Not to be "that guy" that doesn't help you and also questions your request...but, why would you want to keep GPS on all the time but turn wifi-off? Wifi is not a huge drain on your battery, but GPS is.

Again, sorry for not being helpful

Brandon
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast