Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Let's get an app list going...

I personally like Catch notes better than evernote
    rangerG likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

pleeho - Kindle worked for you on the Nexus? It worked the first time it loaded, then it refused to load after that. Checked the appstore, seems like there's a slew of the same types of experiences out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    pleeho - Kindle worked for you on the Nexus? It worked the first time it loaded, then it refused to load after that. Checked the appstore, seems like there's a slew of the same types of experiences out there.
    it's still working perfectly on my unit, but I'll be watching it warily.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pleeho View Post
    it's still working perfectly on my unit, but I'll be watching it warily.
    I'm going to do an uninstall/reinstall soon enough. I rarely use Kindle on my device regardless, just like having the option. Thanks and keep me/us posted!

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    I tried that one but it had frequent connection dropouts. Since I was already rooted, I flashed a custom ROM and use the built-in hotspot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Wow, this thread is awesome... So here is my list of my personal 'essential' apps ...

Browsers: Dolphin HD (but its been crashing on me lately), Boat browser, Firefox

Social/Messaging : Google+, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Plume, Foursquare, Google Talk, TextPlus (as I didn't include text messaging in my plan)

Keyboard: AnySoft Keyboard (solely because of its Davanagari language pack that lets me type in my native language script)

News: Pure News widget, News 360, ESPN Scorecenter, Currents (although it is not quite there yet, it is promising and I like it)

Documents To Go / Quick Office Pro HD, Evernote, Lastpass

Photo Editing / Management: Be Funky Pro, Photobucket, Photofunia, Picsay, Pixlr-o-matic, Quickpic, Speedy Uploader

Customization: Desktop Visualizer, Minimalistic Text Widget, Wallpaper Wizardii, Zedge

Music/ Video: Mobo Player, Pandora, Sound Hound Infinity, Spotify, Pandora (I also use Youtube a whole lot, and I watch Netflix almost exclusively on my Asus Transformer), TV Show Favs

Games: I am not much of a gamer... I only like to play more traditional games like Monopoly, Solitaire (Klondike), Wordsmith, UNO... I would have really liked Cricket T20 Fever if it worked as well as its iOS version

Wave Launcher, Wikidroid, Weather Bug Elite, Tapatalk

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    teffects likes this.

I tried to do a search for this but couldn't find anything... anyone had any luck with HBO GO? It's not available on the market so I guess it's not compatible with ICS.

The Watch ESPN app still doesn't work which is odd because last night I could watch ESPN through the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    I recommend this application, it fixed the volume problem on my phone:

Equalizer
    SA Labs

Screenshot or notes on how you set it up for best sound?

Volume+ Beta is a must for sound. Volume+ didn't work for me, so I used Equalizer but you had to ensure it was running at all times. I just installed Volume+ Beta and it is awesome. Here is the link:

Here is how I have Volume+ Beta configured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's get an app list going...-screenshot_2012-01-14-20-59-58.jpg  

I added Volume+ today and was very pleasantly surprised. I don't know why others have indicated it was not an improvement; I recommend it highly.

Does anyone know of a To Do app that also has a widget that works well? I cannot seem to find one that comes with a widget

Astrid Tasks has a widget. I've used it on this phone and a previous phone and like it. It synchronizes with Google Tasks very well.
    Thanked by:
    Akasch 

what's a good video app for ics? the 'video' that came with the phone would start the video and then crash stating that the video can't be played even it played it before.

thx.

nm, I found mx video player.
    Last edited by zulu308; 01-20-2012 at 12:10 PM.

AccuWeather
    AirDroid
    Kindle
    Beautiful Widgets
    BeejiveIM
    Chrome to Phone
    Color Flashlight
    ConnectBot
    Google Docs
    Dolphin Browser HD
    Evernote
    Foursquare
    GroupMe
    HootSuite
    Jorte
    Listen
    Pandora
    PasswdSafe
    Pulse
    QR Droid
    ReadItLater
    RealCalc
    Skitch
    Tango
    Tapatalk
    Wifi Hotspot
    Zedge
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by zulu308 View Post
    what's a good video app for ics? the 'video' that came with the phone would start the video and then crash stating that the video can't be played even it played it before.

thx.

nm, I found mx video player.
    that is a good player, but I like mvideo player because you can make playlists....

Beweather

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

What's the deal with Tapatalk and why do so many use it?
    Thanked by:
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akasch View Post
    Does anyone know of a To Do app that also has a widget that works well? I cannot seem to find one that comes with a widget
    Check out , excellent app, great widget and sync's with your google tasks. outstanding.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

ROM
    AOKP Toro build #21

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    What's the deal with Tapatalk and why do so many use it?
    I wondered the same thing for a long time. "why pay for an app when I can do the same thing on my phone for free?"

Let me tell you it is worth every penny if you are a forum junkie like myself, and enjoy browsing forums on your mobile device. Everything is laid out in a very easy to use and see format, you can set favorites so the forums you view the most are a click away. There is no more pinching and zooming or accidentally hitting the wrong link etc.

Try it out you will not be disapointed, worst case scenario if you dont like it get a refund.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Akasch View Post
    works really well

ROM
    AOKP Toro build #21

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    I tried to do a search for this but couldn't find anything... anyone had any luck with HBO GO? It's not available on the market so I guess it's not compatible with ICS.

The Watch ESPN app still doesn't work which is odd because last night I could watch ESPN through the browser.
    I meant to reply to this a while ago I apologize.

1) go to HBO.com you can get the app there

2) It only works if you are a subscriber to HBO you have to verify it through your cable account

I hope this helps it was a great app when I worked for the cable co. and got it for free

Question: I hear people love Nova Launcher for this phone, but I can't find it in Market. Is it the same as Go Launcher EX? If not where do you get Nova Launcher?

ROM
    AOKP Toro build #21

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Pi View Post
    Or flash AOKP toro build 21

Won't let me register, no biggie. Thanks anyway
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast